Ideas To Improve The Livery Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andyns1701, Nov 19, 2021.

1. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

The livery editor in TSW 2 makes a great addition to the game and encourages more creativity. I think the editor could be much more than it is with these few improvements. Again this is just based on my preferences and feel free to add or express your opinions to it.

- Adding railroad logos to the editor
    Adding railroad logos could make custom locomotives more realistic. This could either come with the DLC you own. For example, being if you own a specific railroad/route DLC, you could unlock the logos and stickers for that railroad to put on other models. Another way could be having the logos of the railroads that are already in the game be able to use on locomotives regardless of owning the DLC, which I think would be a better option.

-More Fonts
    Adding more fonts to the livery editor could make more realistic and diverse railroad logos and numbers. Personally only having the one font in the game make the locomotives look bland compared to the dovetail locomotives.

-Custom Numbers
    Adding custom numbers to a locomotive can make the locomotive reskins look better because it would make the number boards match up to the custom numbers. This could also make the addition of custom number board fonts or colors. Setting a custom number range of a locomotive could also make the locomotive more realistic whether if it's a real railroad or a fictional railroad you're making.

-Setting underbody colors
    Making a setting for coloring underneath the locomotive could make some pretty cool repaints. You could set the color of the fuel tank and the trucks to add some creativity to the locomotives. Examples could be if you're replicating a railroad and underneath the locomotive is gray, but the locomotive you have underneath is black and you cant change it. I think that it would make a great addition to the color setting.

I hope that people will agree with some of these ideas. obviously, I know that this probably takes a lot of work to implement in the game, but they're suggestions for a reason.

• Like Like x 3
  2. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I want an Ability to copy one livery from one loco to another, and the Ability to use the stock with Route liveries as a base

• Like Like x 3
  3. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

I think a community livery store type thing would be cool.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

No cap, this is what it needs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Great list. Another thing to add is textboxes because it I still ardous having to ensure all your letters are straight Andy the same size.