Stopping At Stations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by georgeray002, Nov 11, 2021.

1. georgeray002

georgeray002 New Member

I have problems getting prepared to stop at stations, is there another way of getting warnings of coming station stops apart from the map. Maybe signals, signs, etc.

2. dkreveller#9240

dkreveller#9240 New Member

Each route has slightly different signals, signs etc. depending on what country there based in. The little graph at the bottom of screen with the train icon, that helps identify upcoming traffic signals (won't tell what they are though), stations, and most speed changes iirc. Getting familiar with how the locomotive your using takes to stop at different speeds should help identify how long you need to stop comfortably at stations. You can look in the specific manual for the route that has detailed information on signaling etc.

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The HUD with the train at the bottom tells you information you need
    F3 Hud.png
    It tells me the next place I need to stop is at Euston Platform 04 in 88.78 miles, the current time, 12.21 and expected arrival 13.46
    The Speed of the train and how fast I can go - I'm at 124mph on a 125mph stretch of track
    The centre section has a representation of the train at the left side - the 1:574 is the gradient the train is on.
    The next signals the train is approaching are at 0.55 miles and 1.27 miles - when you are moving this is constantly changing as you get nearer to each of them as they move towards you
    Any station you are stopping at will also appear on this map

You use the F3 or F4 keys to make this appear

4. georgeray002

georgeray002 New Member

Thanks chaps, I'll give it a try. sounds simple.

5. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

If you want to run without a HUD you really need to practice the route and either get or create a route guide. Search the route name and “guide” once you want the ultimate challenge. You can also flash next objective (I use the x-box x key on my pc) if I get lost or activate the lower HUD briefly. First learning the route though is use the lower HUD as suggested above. Enjoy georgeray002 !

• Helpful Helpful x 1