Port Train Sim World To Mac Os And Linux

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by muertedechurra, Oct 7, 2018.

1. muertedechurra

muertedechurra New Member

I think it would be a good idea to port TSW over to Mac OS and Linux to allow users who have a mac or a Linux PC to enjoy TSW because there isn't a whole lot of train sims for Mac OS and especially Linux. And since TSW runs on Unreal engine 4 it should be more or less simple to port it over since UE4 supports Mac OS and Linux already.

• Like Like x 3
  2. yanceyg

yanceyg Member

Macs run Windows. Problem solved :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Realistically DTG don't have the resources to do this and frankly I doubt that it would be financially worthwhile which is what matters in the end.

4. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

I would like to see TSW2 available for Mac and knowing what the split for users across other platforms are I’m sure a port to Mac isn’t really a big deal. It’s more about the support for another port and a bigger list of growing faults to resolve. Also I should imagine the App Store or Apples game subscription service for the dlc would take a substantial percentage of sales. Having seen how other big game developers have pulled away from apple for this reason kind of makes sense, not worth it. I’ll stick with playing on the PS4.