Ps5 Unstable Graphics

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyJose, Nov 22, 2021.

1. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Having been fortunate enough to get hold of a PS5 recently I was looking forward to playing TSW2 on it. My initial impression was good, quick loading times, crystal clear looking stations and trains and generally just an improvement on what I'd seen on PS4.

However, I'm now starting to wonder if this game is quite set up correctly for PS5. I'm no expert on the mechanics of consoles but what is really starting to bother me is how unstable objects in the distance are, particularly trees! They are constantly flickering and sprouting up or just generally moving in a way that is becoming too distracting when driving.
    I had thought that changing the screen input from "automatic" to "-2" in the console settings had improved things, but whilst that has fixed some strange things I was seeing with the skyline, the trees are still, well all over the place.

I know there was always some issues playing on PS4 where you'd get to know when something might spring up in front of you, like the fencing on the old Rochester platforms on SEHS, but the unstable trees is just constant when driving and is making me consider just not playing anymore. Which is a real shame as there is a lot I love about the game.

Any other PS5 users a bit frustrated?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Could you share a screenshot or video showing what you describe? I haven't noticed anything like you describe.

• Like Like x 3
  3. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I have, and it is certainly off putting. The trees flicker constantly across all routes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HappyJose

HappyJose Member

Having gone back and compared TSW 2 on PS4 using the same routes I think the issues I'm finding are not unique to PS5. I just think something has changed recently whereby more things, be it trees, buildings, cars etc are appearing up in a slightly distracting way. An example of this is arriving into Newhaven Harbour now from Seaford and there are a lot more buildings suddenly appearing in the distance behind the Bryan Ferry. I'm all for more detailed stuff lineside, just doesn't seem to be happening in the smoothest fashion at the moment.

5. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I can only assume that when you are referring to changing from automatic to - 2 you are talking about 4k video transfer rate. This really should not cause an issue with Tsw2 as I am pretty sure it is a setting related to HDR content and of course TSW2 is not built with HDR in mind

However, it may cause an problem if your PS5 is set to HDR "always on". If this is the case you may want to change that setting to "on when supported" so it isn't active when playing games created with only SDR in mind (therefore colours will also be more accurate to developers original intentions)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1