Deltic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by marcsharp2, Nov 11, 2021.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The Deltic, Would love to see this released and the usual response from the DTG team is "We need a route for them", Well we already have one, It's been out for a couple of years now. North Transpennine. The Deltics were common on Transpennine services in their twilight years in BR service. IMG_20200509_111249.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

They've been in preservation around twice as long as their revenue earning careers- surely there have been Deltics on the West Somerset Railway? (Just like the Westerns of course.)

Mmm... Deltics.

• Like Like x 3
  3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Something like a BR Blue pack for NTP would be good, including a new loco such as the Class 25 or 55, and maybe a BR Blue livery for an existing loco like the Class 20 or 37.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's really going to need a "racetrack" to put it through its paces though. But yes, would be an excellent addition to the TSW fleet.

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Oh agreed- much better to see one hooning along a main line than pootling about on a preserved railway. I thought it worth mentioning the WSR because that seems to have been sufficient justification for introducing the Western- another express passenger class though arguably more of an all-rounder than the Deltic but also more niche having been quite short lived and unseen outside the Western Region. (Actually I was born and raised in the Western Region and don't recall ever seing a Western in service- mind you I'd've been ten when the last was withdrawn.)

6. dave55007

dave55007 Well-Known Member

We really need a Deltic and a Class 25 on NTP. And a blue 31 please.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oakleymoss#1362

oakleymoss#1362 Well-Known Member

You had me at the title.. Would love the Claggy Deltics in the game..

• Like Like x 1