Bristol (to And From)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smithygaming78991, Nov 18, 2021.

1. smithygaming78991

smithygaming78991 New Member

I would LOVE to see more GWR routes and as such be actually able to drive trains to and from Bristol Temple Meads and Bristol Parkway, and seeying as I live in Bristol id love to see the iconic Bristol Temple Meads station... potential routes are as follows

Bristol Temple Meads
    Bristol Temple Meads-London Paddington (Calling At Bath Spa, Chippenham, Swindon, Didcot Parkway, Reading and London Paddington) and the same back

Bristol Temple Meads-Manchester Piccadilly (i dont know the actual stations in between but i know one of them includes the massive Birmingham New Street)

Bristol Temple Meads to local and nearby stations such as Keynsham, Oldfield Park, Bath Spa, Weston-Super-Mare and many more including stations in Wiltshire such as trowbridge & westbury etc

Bristol Parkway
    i dont have a lot of information about routes to and from Bristol Parkway however being a busy station i know they have services to Gloucester, Swindon etc they also serve the long crosscountry trains, but make of bristol parkway routes as you want

not only do i want new routes but i would love to see the new GWR class 800 IET trains which is GWR's newest fleet of High speed intercity trains

tell me what you think guys

2. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Unfortunately doing the entire route from Bristol to Manchester or London would most likely take too long to produce making it less viable.

Some alternative ideas for a Bristol area route could be:

Bristol Temple Meads to Severn Beach, including Avonmouth docks, Bristol Parkway and the freight only line via Filton
    Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter via Taunton including the Weston-Super-Mare loop
    Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff Central including the spur to Bristol Parkway
    Bristol Temple Meads to Swindon via Bath Spa including the lines from Bath and Chippenham to Westbury

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Although the game is called "Train sim world" due to various limitations (mainly development time) routes are likely to be restricted to being very local (within 50 miles length, some branches possible)

So as Alex says above, some of the Bristol area allowing local trains to Taunton, Severn Beach etc; Bristol to Cardiff or Swindon may be possible, but London (over 100 miles) won't happen any time soon
    There are no trains currently direct from Bristol to Manchester, you would have to change at Birmingham New Street
    With regards to BHM, this station wouldn't really be "done justice" in TSW as there isn't the stock to populate the route, and with the current memory issues trying to recreate it would likely crash most machines!

• Like Like x 1
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

A lot of people are shooting down the idea of Bristol- London faster than the RAF shot down Messerschmitts in 1940, but I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss it. The game is slowly evolving to have longer routes (I remember Matt himself has said this in a stream), and I genuinely believe that while it may still be a while away (at least two or so years), we will get routes of that kind of length eventually. And Bristol- Paddington could very well be the first foray into having a full mainline in TSW. It's not a particularly complex route- if I count right eleven new stations would have to be created, which is certainly a significant amount but nothing DTG couldn't handle (BML had over double this amount). The line is also mostly straight double track through the countryside, and the most complex part of it (Reading to Paddington, with the gradual increase in buildings as you enter the suburbs of London) is already in the game.

It's not even as if it would be too long to play. Most services tend to take around an hour and a half- there are some scenarios already in TSW2 that take longer than that. And to save a bit of dev time they could simply reuse the HST for it instead of creating a Class 800 (although please ask GWR very VERY nicely if we could drive the FGW Blue version as well)!

That being said I have to agree with others and say that in the foreseeable future something like Bristol- Cardiff or Exeter is far more likely, and I'd be excited to see either.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. smithygaming78991

smithygaming78991 New Member

someone even pointed out to me dtg could easily do swindon-reading and reading-oxford and vice versa because they arent a long distance either... i just want to see more GWR stuff

• Like Like x 1
  6. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I see merit, especially with longer routes coming in the future , however short term this won’t happen.

7. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Same they are really lacking on GWR content especially MTA routes. We constantly keep getting DB content which is annoying. No hate BTW I like DB but we getting overloaded with it.

8. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

we need the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Trains on train sim world 2

9. lachlan smith

could that be a suggestion

10. lachlan smith

or the B D M F

11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

+1 more lol