Db Br 406 And 403

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by carter, Nov 23, 2021.

1. carter

carter Active Member

So we all know the bass game comes with the Db br 406 and the Munich route comes with the 403 But what I’ve been wondering is if in real life they get switched around so like if this could affect the game so if in real life for the 406 going on to Munich route. Just wondering if they could do it with other routes to see if they do the 406 with a 403

2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good question, interesting that the BR 406 only has two PIS destinations, while the BR 403 has more options, I think that's something they should correct. There is no destination for Dresden and its stations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carter

carter Active Member

The reason there’s no Dresden is because it’s the 406 from köln Aachen and in real life do use a ice t

4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

This would likely cause further issues on the Gen 8 consoles, the ICE trains are currently the most memory consuming trains in TSW2 because one ICE unit is made up of several vehicles (cars count as vehicles to the game). DTG had to do a timetable for Riesa-Dresden without the ICE on PS4 because it caused memory crashes - now imagine playing that route with the game loading in the ICE3M and the ICE3, they're different models completely so the game would have to use even more memory resources to load both unit sets.

If the ICE3M killed the game before, it certainly would crash if you threw an ICE3 in there alongside it.

5. carter

carter Active Member

I would be OK for Ice layers Only being on next GEN

6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

They've already made two schedules on PS4, one with ICE and one without, I always thought the BR 101 IC was the main cause of crashes in Dresden, whenever I ran into one along the way, the game crashed.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The 403 can‘t do the 406 services on SKA since the 403 is not equipped for running to Belgium. Similarly, a Br 406 (fitted for international services) would not do the services staying within German borders that the Br 403 is doing on HMA.

8. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Maybe the preserved collection can have a look at implementing these layers on older routes, because the ICE and Br101 run on pretty much every route in game, albeit with the ICE it would be the incorrect version on routes based in Eastern Germany and Northern Germany, Basically Dresden, Leipzig and Hamburg-Lubeck

I know Matt has talked about wanting to putting the Br101 onto Main Spessart Bahn, the ICE also runs on this route, HOWEVER in real life these trains do not stop between Aschaffenburg and Wurzburg, just after Lohr they go over the Nantenbach curve, so if they do add them in game they probably will add an unrealistic stop at Lohr or they'd be AI only

9. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I'd definitely be ok with ICE services, on Main Spessart Bahn, being AI only; seeing as the ICE on Rapid Transit is AI only.

The problem with having playable ICE services is you have the unrealistic stop at Lohr Bahnof, and, as I've heard Matt describe in stream before; the playable services use more memory than AI services- which could potentially make MSB become unstable..

10. carter

carter Active Member

I think they can I have ice and db br 101 as a I only

11. carter

carter Active Member

I think there’s some places where they both go