Gwe Reading - Paddington

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by connor118, Nov 22, 2021.

1. connor118

connor118 New Member

I’m just wondering if this is correct.

I’ve just done a ‘timetable mode’ run, class 166 from Reading to Paddington. It gives you 25 minutes to do this. 1K45 was the code on the service.

Top speed of the unit is 90mph, I disregarded this and it maxed out at 100mph and was braking at the very last minute at the lower speed limits coming into Paddington.

So is it correct that it’s a 25 minute run or is it something that should be on a HST?

This is out of interest, not so much and issue, it was quite fun trying to do!

• Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Was the Service Non-Stop? If not, this is not normal and should be reported as a bug

• Like Like x 2
  3. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

This is a non stop service, services with a 1 code are either non stop or one or two stops, whereas services with a 2 code stop much more frequently, I'm not sure about freight although these codes are speed related. All of which I have said applies to UK routes, German routes have a different system altogether which is fairly complex, but for US routes, such as Pennisula Corridor, the UK system is reversed so 1 code trains stop at every station, 2 code trains generally stop at every station until I think redwood city then fast and 3 code trains stop only 3 or 4 times on the route.
    I know it's a lot of information to take on board but it does come in handy when choosing which service to do.
    Thanks for your time and I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Technically the run in the 166 should be longer as the max speed of the unit is 90mph but you are running on the fast line so the game thinks the unit can do 125mph. It can be done in the time allotted but it means setting up the train on the fly.
    Because of the way it is set up in the game, you cannot make the time if you adhere to the unit max speed of 90mph.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

1k services out of Reading are services which start at Newbury or Bedwyn, and these are regional trains which are slow to Reading then fast to Paddington, ie they do all their stops West of Reading and from then into London they don't stop at all.
    These are timetabled for around 25 mins which may or may not be achievable in a 166 at 90mph (the VMAX for the train if not "line speed") but you'd still get the gold sticking to the train's limit most likely

• Like Like x 2
  6. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Can any one know how turn cab light on Western please.

7. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Class 166? There's a switch half way up the wall on your left, next to the noticeboard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Which train are you talking about in GWR the cab light in all of them is to the left HST GWR is located right next to the door & is a smal grey lever the class 166 is located on the control panal just above the clip board reader final the class 66 (The EWS/DB 66) is also to the left just above the cab window to the far Left

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

"Western" is usually class 52

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnny69wells

Yeah its class 52.

11. ARuscoe

Just had a wander in one of these... to the left of the "cab door", which is the one from the driving position into the corridor, is the light and a red inset switch. This allows you to turn the cab light on and off. It's the same place in both cabs
    upload_2021-11-24_17-30-27.png
    Be aware that for some reason the cursor may show "Door" if you're not in just the right position, and it means the corridor door through the wall behind the light. If you click there you'll open and close the corridor door

• Like Like x 1
  12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Or if you have a USB keyboard set up then simply press the "L" Key.
    Hentis

13. johnny69wells

Thanks for the help every one, had the show door before. Driving in the dark, in snow, isn't much fun, so much better now.