Just Trains - South Western Expressways

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playthoseblues, Nov 24, 2021.

1. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hello,

I've just bought Just Trains' South Western Expressways and wanted to clarify a few things with others who may have this product.
    I'm relatively new to TS having made the jump from TSW and have been acquiring routes through sales etc and have a nice collection now however I noticed this route does require a lot of additional add-ons to appreciate fully.

I haven't dipped into any of the AP stuff yet although I would like to in a sale, however the default scenarios feel a bit lacking, particularly as I can't get one of them to load as it also include payware (I believe it's the 166 Reading to Bedwyn) - is there a way I can delete the payware consists in the editor?

Additionally I was wondering if I can access workshop scenarios with this pack.
    Any help would be much appreciated,
    Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Just trains usually provide the same scenarios using default stock - for example:
    Deleting consists may lead to the scenario not working. An app called TS-Tools can swap out consists if you haven't some payware consists (as can the TS Editor).
    pH

3. playthoseblues

Thanks for responding Peter, that's the service I tried which wouldn't run. I've also noted in an HST service that the train spawns at the wrong platform (Plat 6. instead of 5) at Exe. St Davids which means the passenger loading sequence doesn't trigger.

I'm a bit disappointed with this to be honest!

4. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

I've just had a look at UKTrainsim and this thread offers a solution to the HST on the wrong platform. Default 1M41
    https://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=153661&p=1887035&hilit=1m41#p1887035
    Hopefully that link opens on the correct page of the thread
    Just edited to say that the fix seems to apply to the non default version of the scenario

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. playthoseblues

Thanks for your response - I'll look into that as a workaround. I have contacted JT regarding these issues so hopefully will get a reply soon. It's a shame really as I was really looking forward to getting this route but it seems to have left a sour taste...

Are there workshop type scenarios for this route? I couldn't seem to find any via Steam?

6. class2ldn2801

class2ldn2801 Active Member

Best bet is to swap out the stock with ts tools or a similar program.
    I dont own any AP stock and I just swap all the stuff out for other things in my various routes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. playthoseblues

Thanks for responding, I'll look into doing this!