Convincing Literally Everyone To Want Sherman Hill (10000% Very Real)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Krazy, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

So, that preview stream of Sherman Hill didn't convince you. Perhaps it's simply because you don't like heavy freight trains. Maybe you didn't like some features of the route itself. Maybe you have a lifelong grudge against the United States because it snuck into your house at 4 AM in the morning and ate all of your cookies/biscuits, really upsetting you because you really wanted to consume those by yourself.

But here I am, ignoring the beginning of your villain arc to convince you that this American freight route for the Train Simulator World 2.0 video game is actually the GREATEST thing to ever exist, and will be the only purchase you will ever want to make. You see, I have gained incredible knowledge. I was approached by a very friendly individual, who appeared as a mysterious shadowy figure, at the darkest hours of the night (5 PM) to inform me of some amazing information. After politely asking them to exit my house several times, they handed me these incredible images of the Sherman Hill route for Train Sim World 2.

I must say, they look very real, and I think they can convince any railfan to get this route. I mean, look at these images:

[​IMG]
    Oh my goodness, is that the Flying Scotsman? That one British steam locomotive? People like that train, and it's on Sherman Hill! (very real)

[​IMG]
    Woah, the Netherlands?! That country has trains! Super duper real.

[​IMG]
    I think that's Australia? I dunno, I'm not real. (but this is)

[​IMG]
    Woah, is that the Shinkansen on the Sherman Hill route? So cool. And real.

These images are the secretest secrets in the history of secrets. If these very real images do not make you interested in Sherman Hill, then go into the corner and think about what you've done. Come back here in 18 minutes and 26 seconds and I'll show you the images again.

What a lovely episode of "Krazy does something really dumb in an attempt to be somewhat humorous". This episode also doubles as a "Krazy goes absolutely nuts over Sherman Hill" moment.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Still unconvinced here but then US traction to me is like watching paint dry. Jazzing it up with foreign traction is just polishing the turd as far as I'm concerned.
    Couple that with DTGs fastidious testing and it's definitely a big no from me. Until I see tangible improvements to the game and dlc I've already purchased, I won't even consider buying anything further DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

I am convinced but I do note a few errors. One of the fence posts in the first image is 3 degrees out. It should be more upright. I drove out yesterday and can confirm that, also I pulled out one of the shrubs as part of my visit, needs to be updated before release. DTG please take note.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Finally - the secret has been revealed! Spirit of Steam will be about the Flying Scotsman‘s tour of the USA. This is without a doubt the biggest and most important leak in the entire history of gaming.

• Like Like x 4
  6. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

I am convinced and was going to purchase it now that it’s available. However held back, I really thought they were going to patch the PS5 for the DLC issue. I really don’t want to delete anymore DLC for this route. The latest patch I thought was going to be the one :(

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

To be honest i rather play sand patch grade then get Sherman hill. Sherman hill is just to bland

8. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

That sums up the state of Train Sim World today.

• Like Like x 2
  9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

10000%!! I don't think so 100% maybe :D To me it is like saying they are going to give 110% to something. Interesting maths 100% of anything is the max!

So far DTG and Rivet have not produced anything that even gets close to the 100% in my book.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. morph147

morph147 Active Member

What will make me convinced to buy it is how bad are the bugs. I want a game that allows me to get to the end without crashes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

I think this is my favourite post i've read on here.

12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Nah but I don't like freight which is why I only have SPG for freight because it came with TSW 2. But no I don't have Oakville, Cane Creek or Clinchfield, and no interest in Horsehoe Curve either.

I'm just waiting for the next passenger routes personally. But enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Actually "Krazy" I just reread your first post LOL. Then the penny went thunk :D:D:D. Excellent dry humour and i had missed it (Hand smack head) Now i am sitting here Laughing

• Like Like x 2
  14. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Yesterday I saw a Documentary on YouTube. The Flying Scotsman's trip to the USA. So your first Picture could really have happened.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It didn't, when the Scottsman went west, it traveled over the Burlington Northern's line in the north.
    Exlixk3VoAQ-Ayl.jpg
    Exm0BrHWgAk_9np.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

That's why I said "could have happened"

17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You've convinced me...

18. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m still not convinced. The route isn’t German enough for me to buy it.

This is however my favourite thread on the TSW forum.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here you go! ;)

• Like Like x 7
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Should have used the 155. Prime opportunity for a joke about international containers :D

• Like Like x 1