Xbox Wednesday Update: Disappointing

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by alanseamans1, Nov 25, 2021.

1. alanseamans1

alanseamans1 New Member

I had much hope for today’s update, but I ended up being disappointed. I’m on XBox Series S.
    Cane Creek: good: the AC4400 height is corrected and the rear truck wheels rotate.
    Disappointing: (1) the rear truck is still backward. (2) the road crossings still “paint” strange, ugly smears on the train from each side of the road as the train passes by. I don’t even know how to properly describe this phenomenon, but it hasn’t improved. (3) Also still getting ugly flickering exterior graphics on the engineer’s side of the long hood where a small “autostart warning” label flickers. I haven’t checked if the SD40-2 number boards still flicker. (4) I only took a quick test drive but I still found floating rocks in Brendel Yard. I haven’t yet ventured too far down the branch to see how the rest of the route fared.

Boston Sprinter: disappointing: (1) the speed limit for MBTA (or at least the F40) still shows 90 mph rather than the correct 80 mph.(2) ACS-64 interior cab graphics are still flickering, specifically the ACSES display on the right where the four horizontal white lines flicker and the words in the top label, and the red emergency brake switch on the left (3) the F40 still has ugly flickering exterior graphics on the engineer’s side at any speed above 0, specifically two sections of striping still flicker. The left side has always been fine and continues to be.

I’ll test it some more in the next two days but if these early results are an indication, I expect I’ll be adding more disappointing observations.

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  2. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

At least the screen doesn't flicker and you don't get instant wheelslip on the ACS-64. That was a pain in the ass to deal with inching up the throttle. They fixed this, so I can pony right up to speed leaving the station and run it like I ran trains on the Peninsula Corridor. Haven't used the F40 yet.

I'm using a Series X.