Weird Exit Behavior After Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

After my TSW2 got today's update, I ran a scenario in BLM and on exiting after completing it, TSW got stuck on the splash screens and would not go to the main menu which I had requested after the eval screen. Should note that the only way I could get out of this was to do the ctrl-alt-del and log off my machine then log back in. Attempts to do a "close window" would not stop the issue.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Willywill

Willywill New Member

I second this!! Actually, I've waited about 5-6 minutes til main menu returned. It's happening at every scenario I complete. Also my frames are taking a hit, stuttering much more than before.

3. Sharon E

It is a hit or miss with me. I ran the first 2 scenarios of Sherman Hill without problem but on exiting the 3d to main menu it did it again. Did a restart this time.

4. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Same here!

5. Sharon E

It has happened twice more, but these times I just walked away and when I came back was at the main menu. Guess that for some reason after this last update it is taking a long time for the programme to do what it needs too after exiting the eval screen.

6. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

So you couldn't Ctrl+Shift+Esc into Task Manager and force-close TSW2 down that way either?

7. Sharon E

I did that on an earlier one of these long exits before I knew if you waited for 5 or so minutes it would go to the main menu. Now I just will wait since it seems to be happening on almost every exit after a run. See the last sentence of my initial post.

8. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

After the update same thing happen to me but when I went to restart my PC I got a BSOD with a VIDEO memory error. It hasn't happen again and I've never had any problems other than known issues with TSW2. I tried to track the error down and the only info I got was something related to memory compression.

9. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

The only time I've ever had this was a dud video driver. Try and see if there are updates for your card Sharon E