PlayStation Sherman Hill View Switch Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by richardwwoodward, Nov 25, 2021.

1. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

When switching views from front to back the games keeps crashing

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I spoted this wreid behavior of hoses on EOT. It was problem on SPG long ago...
    [​IMG]

3. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

It is still happening on SPG. It was mentioned on the Sherman Hill stream that it’s a CPU issue, not a memory issue. But we’re not able to adjust CPU usage on a console, so I don’t know what the fix is exactly, other than waiting for a patch from DTG.

Thank you for letting me know about the issue. Unfortunately, it makes Sherman Hill a no-go until this is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I have an open case about this on SPG and the only response is "We are aware of it but have no timeliness for a fix. Please follow our official community channels for updates"

Well I did, and so far no update for SPG but Matt showed it working fine on the preview stream on SH on a PS5! I purchased the route today on my PS5 off the back of this and am pretty angry that I managed to crash the game during the intro testing it out for myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jesseneedsapsn

jesseneedsapsn Member

It's very odd. I though it might be related to the number of cars or the overall weight, but I hauled a 67 car coal train around Clitchfield with no issues, including some gratuitous caboose gawking. And CN Oakville has no issues and I run that route all the time.

I would understand why Matt's preview stream would be less likely to crash as he may be running a purpose build version/build.
    I'd be more curious about your casual YouTube streamers, as their copies are more likely to be retail played on retail systems.

Here's a question. Do you run your PS5 at 4K or 1080p?

I would imagine a lot of streamers, possibly including Matt, run their PS5's at 1080p for streaming purposes, and maybe it's the 4K output that is causing the crashing, which might not be as apparent in a 1080p.

Pure speculation on my part. I know a fair amount about video signals, but I've never streamed anything from a Playstation to YouTube so I may be wayyyyyyy of base here.

They should at least address the source of the crashes and what it causing it. I'm sorry you can't get through the intro. That's not cool...to put it mildly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

That's possibly a good shout. I do run at 4K and that certainly would put more stress on the CPU and GPU when trying to redraw the entire scene.

Thankully I did manage to get through the Intro as long as I didn't mess with the external cameras!

• Like Like x 1
  7. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Dont forget I think Matt has Dev PS5 (can you confirm TrainSim-Matt ) So it may be a slightly different spec.

Regards

Hentis

8. vmeck

vmeck New Member

Here's a clip from PS5 HDR=off and the resolution is lowered to 1080p
    When set to 4k the game will crash. I hope it will be fixed soon!

9. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

My PS4 Pro crashes every time I change camera on this route, it's very annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  10. colinplant

colinplant New Member

Still crashing for me too. I’m on a PS5 and it’s very frustrating. When you buy a new game you expect certain basics things to work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I have this issue on PS5 for the Sand Patch. Crashes if I try to switch through the external views. Just got the game and first noticed it on the fully fuelled mission with the 1 mile long train. Happened twice after I put 30-40 minutes of work into the scenario and after that I don’t touch that feature.

The only other map I’ve been using is Boston rush hour and camera switch works fine there.