How Do I Get The Sd70 Moving On Sherman Hill?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BlaringHorn, Nov 26, 2021.

1. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Yes, a stupid question, but I can't get it done in timetable. I'm guessing it's the pusher loco in the back that's holding me down, but how do I access it without walking 2 miles?

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Did you wait for the brakes to release, they take quite awhile to do in SH (I suggest checking the brake pipe screen on the rear DPU's with the cameras)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

1. First of all. Make sure to set-up the brake properly via Multifunction Display (the left sreen), make sure it is set-up to Lead-Cut In Position.
    2. Release the automatic brake (the train brake), if necessary apply the independent brake just in case the train is rolling down the line.
    3. Wait until the rear of the train brake pressure reaches at least 79 psi (you can check it via multifunction display, it simply says "Rear").
    4 . Then, activated the banking comm radio.
    5 . At last, you can apply some power on the lead engine, notch 3 or 4 should be enough, don't apply too much power too quickly.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, it just took a very long time, like you said.

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

If you use the “3” cam to look at the back of train you can see the air here raising to 90. This I e noticed can be zero whilst the front is close to 90. You can also see it in the front cab I think under the large upper left pressure on your MFD