S Bahn Platforms For Munich Hauptbahnhof

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by railhub#5135, Nov 26, 2021.

1. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

One thing that will be interesting to add in the update to Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg is the platforms for the S Bahn trains at HBF station with a walkway or may be an out of station interchange at street level to transfer to the HBF mainline station from where the ICE and DB Regio trains work. Normally you can only go in the S Bahn until Hackerbrücken but it will be fun to add the ability to go uptil HBF. It is part of the Explore on Foot mode where you feel like you are changing trains like you do in real and you pass different people which would be fun.

• Like Like x 5
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean München Hbf Tief built in 1972 for The München 1972 Olympics

3. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd really like to see this, I find underground stations really atmospheric and having the steps down to the S-Bahn (they're on the left as you approach the concourse from the platform) would be really cool - would really make the world feel immersive and real.

4. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

Actually I mean the currently used Hauptbahnhof station. It will be cool to model the underground S Bahn platofrms so that using explore on foot mode you can transfer from S Bahn to mainline regio and ICE train platforms via staircases and walkways.

• Like Like x 1