Ps5 London Commuter Crashing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kelemenlk, Nov 24, 2021.

1. kelemenlk

kelemenlk Member

Are yet again played the London commuter it’s still crashing why is Rhein Ruhr Osten getting updated They really need to update the London commuter because it keeps crashing all the time there’s no point update another route this one needs updating the most

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  2. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Did this need yet another thread? Edit: actually two identical threads… complete madness.

Also it’s never (yet) crashed for me on PS5. I’ve now downloaded the update and taken a 387/2 GX from Victoria to Gatwick and my thoughts are:

• smoother frame rates around Victoria
    • Distant scenery drawn better, no drawing on the fly
    • Still laggy in places with plenty of momentary freezing
    • Overall seems improved

Equally the update may have actually not fixed anything at all on London Commuter and it may just be all in my imagination.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. furiousbigface

furiousbigface Member

I've had it crash a few times on PS5, as for the updates, they will be older updates from a backlog of updates they are going to release, as they frequently say on the streams quite often, a lot of work has been done but it's out of their hands when they get released.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve had the PS5 crash running scenarios and timetable services at various places along the route. So many crashes, I don’t play the route at the moment as it’s a waste of time. I haven’t seen any real progress being made with signalling on Boston or the horrendously written scenarios that cannot be completed anywhere near on time or the low frame rates on Riesa on PS5. So far, The Rush Hour release has had very little playtime so not the best £30+ I’ve ever spent.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ukpetey

Having read the update notes, it seems the ‘improvements’ I noticed in London Commuter were a figment of my imagination… it was good while it lasted ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

I do go back into London Commuter whenever there’s a patch, but it is frustrating to to then get the game crash out. I’m very much just playing other routes at the moment which are nice to go back and revisit (or okay for the first time), but am keen to keep a wide birth on LC until a chunky improvement update hits

• Like Like x 1
  7. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

It’s crashing and that’s a fact, Matt said that in Brighton station when you off loading the passengers there is a crash and they Identified the cause.

Also I got several more crashes in these route and they said on stream that most of the crashes reports they get are related to memory.

Beside this the frame rate and the stutters are much more then any other route, probably because of the complexity of the route.

i hope soon the ps5 version of the game which is unstable at the moment after the 4.26 unreal update will get the fix to help with the DLC limit issue which help the memory (by the words of Matt in the last roadmap update stream).

this should release as soon as possible for help the majority who still have to uninstall and install the route they want to play and hope that will help also the memory issues.

8. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

The most funniest i have noticed about BML is that when i explore certain Station they appear to emerge out of the green verges do i take that they use pop art as part of the on screen effects

9. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Complexity? Have you seen the graphics and scenery in some other titles like RDR2, GTA 5 and Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint? These games have massive open worlds where you can travel anywhere on multiple modes of transport whilst interacting with numerous NPCs. All of these game worlds have impressive terrain and collision detection and manage to run smoothly even on a standard PS4.

In comparison a rail route is limited to the lines with scenery only rendering some distance from your viewpoint. Even here the dreadful pop-ups at places like East Croydon reveal a level of ineptitude that should have halted the release of this route until it was fit for purpose. The poor framerates and constant stuttering is inexcusable. If DTG bit off more than it could chew it should have scrapped the project instead of cynically putting it out and conning gullible fools like myself into wasting our money.

As for the feeble excuses and never ending promises of improvements, I am getting bored with their bluster.

• Like Like x 3
  10. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

Don't make mistake Chas I'm on your side, that's unacceptable and specially after the last UE 4.26 update its a disaster.
    no route or any kind of paid content should be released in that state. they should repair the software FIRST before anything else.
    but on one of the streams, Matt said it straight forward and without any shame, they will continue to release new DLC despite the fact their other routes are not fixed or worked on because they are a business, and that's a very bad statement to make, quality should be first in line for DTG.

apart from this, you really cannot compare DTG to Rockstar or any other AAA company. they are just not the same level of studio quality-wise, but on the other side yes, I'm expecting much better quality products then we get today.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ukpetey

Customers vote with their wallets. If they continue to release sub-par content, punters will eventually stop buying it. It’s a flawed and fatal business model

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4