No Midnight Release For Dlc On Playstation Platforms

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

If the game has no future why are you still here, commenting, waiting for future DLC, if this is your mindset then there's no point in being here unless you want to start arguments about the game. Provide constructive criticism, something DTG cam work from because saying that isn't gonna change anything.

• Like Like x 3
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Find another game with 64GB+ of DLC that isn't in the core.
    I'd recommend you watch the most recent roadmap (someone correct me if I'm wrong) stream, where Matt extensively talks about this.

They have a solution in the works which involves only mounting (basically enabling) DLCs which the game deems relevant. So for example, The BR 465 on Brighton Mainline.

They've decided against loading DLCs into the core as it ends up having people download the DLCs files but not actually owning it, which just takes up space and frustrates everyone. And - considering the state of these forums - there will be some people who say "well it's in my files so why can't I have the route"...
    Well, Matt has already made significant changes to how TSW is going to move forward.

However, as with anything, these changes are going to take time. Same with fixes. We've been told on repeat that fixes are in the works.

If things aren't able to move, they aren't able to move. No point complaining about the awnser, just because it's not what you like.

Same goes for the state of TSW.

I was losing faith prior to rush hour, however Matt has managed to convince me that things may be on the up now. Have a little patience.

This is DB628 we're talking about. Virtually all their comments on the forums are negative. Really brings the mood down even further.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the stream from Friday: Link

Crashes are at 25:43 and 1:25:48.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Time zones are not relevant to the point I was making. Take that concern up with DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  5. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Just watched this. This is disappointing to see. Didn’t have the trouble with Boston and crashes as much as Dresden and London. Hoping that the new route that came out today isn’t as bad

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, seems totally relevant. People on console in Australia may get it 18 hours before they can due to time zones.
    Unless you have some other explanation?

7. Nielsen

That comment was in relation to the topic at hand. Don't you realize what this thread is about, or are you just trolling? :|

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Oh, get real. DTG on weeks' notice was expected to rebuild their entire game, to conform to an arbitrary and pointless Sony edict that doesn't affect most other games?

This is on Sony for being dictatorial jerks, not on DTG for failing to jump fast enough under the cracking whip.

• Like Like x 3
  9. trainsimplayer

ARuscoe has a point.
    The thread is about the end of midnight releases for console (yes, ps users, we on Xbox also had it). So timezones are totally relevant.

Why? Because when it was midnight in say, Australia, it released there. Then later when it was midnight in the UK, it released here.

So yeah, it's totally relevant to this discussion. Especially the comment about 'PC and Xbox players wondering how people got things early' - factually incorrect considering xbox had releases at the exact same time as you, and also somewhat implying non-ps users don't understand the concept of timezones.

So yeah. Relevant.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nielsen

I wasn't implying anything. I was under the impression that Xbox players didn't have midnight releases.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Up until rush hour they had midnight releases, indeed one of the recent DLC releases they were the only ones to have midnight releases, which ended up with a small percentage of Xbox users downloading the DLC before it got pulled for everyone else. I think it was Cornwall

• Like Like x 1
  12. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

What a ridiculous reply this is from a staff member. When new releases come out there is little or no support to deal with the issues. You release the route, we the customers end up being the testers, give our feedback and highlight issues that make the route unplayable then you spend weeks if not months attempting to put it right.

• Like Like x 6
  13. trainsimplayer

You know...

...There are probably multiple times more the amount of bugs pre-testing than post. It's most likely a case of some slipping through. Some more noticeable than others.
    Just a thought...

• Like Like x 1
  14. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Sorry but with all the problems DTG created since rush hour release they really have to bring up something special here. I was a big fan of this title and spent such a great amount of money, I cannot believe the state of the game as it is right now. It is a bloody joke. I can't even count the number of big problems, aside the smaller ones. If they are continuing releasing unfinished and buggy content this is going to an end sooner as you might think.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Indeed and in some cases these go back YEARS. What is unfortunate is that beyond acknowledging these problems and promising some future fix, in most cases the problems are just left as they are as attention moves on to the latest huge crop of bugs that arise with every new release and core update. I suspect that the unfixed and now forgotten bug reports have stacked into a massive pile to the point that there are now too many to address or even attempt to put right.

• Like Like x 3