I Am Very Unhappy With Tsw Lately

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by erg73, Nov 25, 2021.

1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I play on the ps5 version and I notice that the game is getting worse and worse, the performance is pathetic and with a lot of slowdowns.
    Also, the first route I did today in RRO from Hagen to Wuppertal with the BR 422 crashed when arriving at Wuppertal hbf. Version ps5, I have sent the error report. I have never had any problems on this route before on either ps4 or ps5, I wonder if it has something to do with the latest passenger update.

After that I've turned the game off because I don't feel like continuing, I'm really starting to get fed up with this situation. I can't enjoy it like this, it's impossible with this insecurity because I know that sooner or later it's going to crash. I have London commuter abandoned because of these situation and not only do they not fix it but they also mess up other routes? With every update they make it seems like the game is getting worse, the first ps5 version was much smoother so I wonder what the hell they are doing at DGT but I fear the new generation of consoles are getting in their way. They promised us updates but they don't fix anything but just mess it up even more.

I'm really sorry because I loved TSW but I'm frustrated and I'm going to stop supporting it for now until I really notice progress. DTG can't make things worse than they are doing lately.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 24
  2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Agree 100%.

It really is unacceptable that Rush hour is still a mess, even after the updates and patches that have been released. And no effort at all has been put forth to fix Arosa line, which is totally broken and unplayable now; I get it was Rivet who created that route, but DTG is the publisher. People paid money for that route, and Rush Hour, but it seems that the priority is to make as much new content DTG can to make a profit; and that content often releases in a buggy and unfinished state..

It's really not a good business model, to be honest.

• Like Like x 12
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

When you have people who buy the newest dlc the moment it's released,they don't care to wait and see what's broken first.It just tells dtg why should we do it right when people buy are stuff either way.Those who care are out numbered by those who don't.

• Like Like x 11
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Someone has to bite that bullet of buying it immediately. Problems arise also from patches. Dresden is now more problematic than when I first played it.

5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

100% agree with you. Of course they put it down to their shareholders.

6. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I agree that someone has to bite the built and see what a new DLC is like. Though that takes spending money, which for me needs to be wisely spent, I do not have a bottomless money pit.

With the track record this year of Bugs and Issues, my money is staying firmly put in my credit cards.

It's a tricky one for sure, although if "Everyone" who can resist the temptation to buy DLC for 6 months, maybe we might see some better movement on our present Issues with TSW. Nothing speaks louder to "Share Holders", if there are any, than their dividends not returning money into their sweaty palms.

It comes down to peoples personal preference and willingness to spend their money, in the hope the a DLC is better than the last one.

I shall just stay reading comments here and see what happens. The DLC's do look good in theory and yes I am tempted, especially the Cornwall run. Oh well back to the day job, that gives me money to be spent on things.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been having an enjoyable experience lately erg73. From what you have said I can understand why are are feeling the way you are. Frequent crashes while playing just isn't fun.

At this time I can't promise you any big changes that are going to make you want to play right this instant. But I can promise that we are putting in every effort to improve some of these more impactful issues.

I will ensure the team are fully aware of how the community feel.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response and for understanding my feelings DTG Natster
    They may be working hard to fix it but this work is not bearing fruit at the moment and I would like you to tell us if you think this situation will change in the future.

Something is going wrong from Rush hour with the optimisation and I hope they know at least the origin of everything, because the feeling I get as a customer is that they are going like a chicken without a head without knowing exactly what key to play. How do you explain that after several updates nothing has been fixed and it's getting worse? The optimisation of this game is very bad and the performance is getting worse and worse. On older consoles it might be more understandable, but on new consoles? How can this be? For TSW to run smoothly it is necessary to have a NASA computer?

It's good that they want to implement more passengers, more traffic, longer trains. But if the price we have to pay is poor performance or crashes, no thanks, it's too high a price. Don't start the house from the roof, TSW 2 lacks a good foundation. Why RRO which always worked fine for me crashes after an update to implement Rush Hour passengers?no thanks, I prefer the old stuff and everything running smoothly. I want to buy the G6 out of the box and I think I'm going to be screwed out of the experience.

Here I'm not talking about problems that have arisen like the DLC limit or trophies that DTG is not to blame for but things that they are directly responsible for. Too many questions arise and there are too few answers. Yes, they will make a stream and try to answer, which I really appreciate, but then almost everything stays the same.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't think the issue of the hrr 422 being coupled to a rro 422 has been fixed either. I haven't played rro in months and that was one of my favorite routes in tsw2020 :(

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you.

I found performance drops after Rush Hour passengers were added to Bakerloo and ECW. Why are DTG downgrading stuff that I bought and was content with? If DTG are trying to alienate their customer base, they are succeeding.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I feel the same way, and it comes down to two things.

1. Rush Hour introduced too many problems at once, on top of all the existing bugs that were present before. Most of it still hasn't been fixed.

2. Transition to new-generation consoles came with a lot of discrepancies and inconsistencies between platforms, which is an ever expanding can of worms.

• Like Like x 5
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Anyone experiencing problems with Arosa has nobody to blame but themselves. For having bought Arosa.

• Like Like x 2
  13. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

very bad performance on PS5, stutters all over the place, every time that a AI train passes the framerate drops is unreal.
    rush hour is a mess, and the PS5 fix is still not here ... not to mention the popping textures... very disappointing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That’s a ridiculous thing to say. If any route you bought became useless because of an update breaking it, would that be your fault for buying it? There’s no need to answer because it’s obviously not your fault. Just like none of the other issues plaguing the game and making it a bit of a misery sometimes, and both new content and old becoming near unplayable is the fault of any of the players, or their particular choice in DLC.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From what I've seen Arosa was broken from day one with loco, timetable, asset and scenery issues

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

As soon as I saw the first stream for it, before it was released, I thought no thanks I will pass on this one.

• Like Like x 6
  17. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

This response from a staff member just shows how much DTG are failing. Sick and tired of hearing the same apologies and excuses what customers want is some action and not just words.

Some of these issues having been going on for months not weeks with no progress.

Whilst I can accept that routes won’t be completely bug free on release they should at least be playable and that is not the case when you experience constant crashing. We know testing is not as good as we all thought but surely as a minimum on release all tutorials and scenarios should be working 100% on all platforms.

Simple things like settings not saving are not even route related and still not fixed and now I’m finding I have to log in every time I start the game up.

• Like Like x 7
  18. solicitr

Arosa was broken on release not by any "update." It was hardly a secret, not to anyone who read even the earliest reviews. If someone bought it without doing due diligence then caveat emptor.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

The route got even more broken after the Rush Hour update, with the train now launching forward when power is applied. And yet Rivet hasn't even tried to fix it in the months after the release of RH..

• Like Like x 3
  20. ARuscoe

There were loco breaking bugs from day one, and yep they got added to by a patch so now it's thoroughly rotten, if still somewhat drivable in that you can get moving, and stop

21. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Please stop saying such nonsense. Buyers beware aside, Rivet and DTG will always be to blame for the problems.

• Like Like x 9
  22. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

When there was a new railroad I bought it, when there was a new loc I bought it. Now I don`t even touch TSW, because I`m disappointed. The only thing I do is checking news about bugfixes, but that disappointed me the most....

Playing Farming Simulator 22 now.....

• Like Like x 4
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's not that routes are " broken " when released or that they become broken from an update. The problem is that it takes so darn long for anything to get fixed and some issues have never been addressed since forever. That gives many of us the feeling that we are not listened to. It also seems that the developers are not learning from the mistakes, so that we anticipate new routes with trepidation, expecting problems before the route is even released. Some mistakes are so obvious to us and sometimes so elementary, we wonder how in the world they got by every single layer of testing.

I can't speak for the whole community of course, but I think I'm fairly typical of the regulars on the forum, not an expert but not a rookie either.

I love the game and I will always support it. I just would like to feel that it is moving forward and consistently getting better. I don't have that feeling presently.

I thought the game was on an upward track with Rush Hour, but then we had a couple of less than satisfactory releases and we're back on the roller coaster. Sherman Hill ( which I've yet to play ) and HSC need to be stellar routes to restore that upward momentum.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  24. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I've stopped playing, and am playing more reliable games. Shame as tws2 was fantastic, however dtg have screwed up to the point i no longer trust them to fix anything. I've spent a hell of a lot of money and what have i got? I bugged mess. A bugged mess that gets worse with every update. The routes i used to enjoy, i no longer enjoy due to the insane amount of bugs. I get that there are always going to be bugs etc in games. What i don't get is most of these were so blindingly obvious, so why were they not picked up in testing? I've heard all the excuses time after time. Nothing has changed, nor do i expect it to.

• Like Like x 13
  25. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

I've also given up. Spent hundreds of dollars on this mess and feel so cheated. I did not buy a ps5 to play at sub 20fps with constant stutters and crashes. Honestly, DTG need to be taken to small claims court over this debacle. Uninstalled.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I agree, what we all are looking forward to is some real action by both DTG & Rivet, not words or messages on here or even the online meetings. Is anything really going to happen, the track record so far is not that good. It does seem that the older routes that have got broken are maybe going to stay that way.

What would be a lovely Christmas present is for an update that fixes a lot or all of what has been reported this year. Not saying I believe in Santa, as much as i believe in DTG & Rivets fixing things.

• Like Like x 6
  27. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Yep there has been a decline in the standard of TWS 2 A lot of releasing a lot of so called improved but very little on the fixing side of things. Blurring in all routes has become very common (this applies to both version with motion blur switched off as well) Freezing when changing between External & Internal camera views.

It seems to me that they are not on Matt,s Grade A bug list that he was talking about in the Q & A Stream last Month after the BML fiasco its just the same BLAH BLAH BLAH where fixing fit where looking into BLAH BLAH BLAH When we say that BLAH BLAH we really mean we are doing nothing

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. solicitr

I don't think one should lump DTG and Rivet together. DTG's own releases this year (Cathcart, Clinchfield, Brighton, Dresden, the 101) have been very good; most of the rage one sees arises from third-party stuff (Arosa, Cane Creek, Cornwall, the 187)

29. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Are you aware of the fact that Rivet Games & Sky-hook are DTG partners in crime so they its Quite easy to blame them as well for there shambolic efforts. Rivert games also hand a hand in Cathcart which prevent that being a total disaster not that DTG ever admitted it & stole the credit for themselves

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

Drama-queen much?

• Like Like x 2
  31. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  32. ARuscoe

Rivet and Skyhook have done both 2nd and 3rd party development, but the main issues have been when developing 3rd party and DTG being too "hands off" thus leaving them to themselves. When acting as 2nd party things seem to work a bit better

Cathcart has been acknowledged by DTG as a Rivet assist on scenery, so not sure your point counts there.

• Like Like x 2
  33. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

Dresden and BML are far away from very good releases.
    the idea of these routes are amazing, the execution of both of these routes is poor and below acceptable.

• Like Like x 9
  34. solicitr

35. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I agree that the three Rush Hour routes are very good and fun and I admire the work they have done. That's why I feel even worse that I can't enjoy them properly. Sam himself had to suffer two live crashes the other day on his stream; on Boston Sprinter and London commuter. His frustration was evident on his face and it's the same frustration I've been having lately. I don't think that's the pitiful image DTG wants to portray. Neither they nor those of us who love this game deserve it so I hope everything gets back on track.

• Like Like x 6
  36. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Yet another update and still the Fast Lane scenario on London Commuter hasn't been fixed. Seriously, pull your finger out, the whole Rush Hour thing is still a minefield of crashes, glitches and problems, totally unacceptable.

• Like Like x 7
  37. ARuscoe

To be fair to the routes there are both major and minor issues with all of them
    As an example on BML Reigate has a level crossing at the far end of the station, between the platforms and the bridge. In game the road is depicted but the crossing is not (and the passengers cross the bridge every time as if they need to exit the station that way even though they can just walk onto the road and away
    And of course the issue with the first journey scenario when the whole shebang crashes when passengers try to get on at Brighton is a fairly major one

• Like Like x 2
  38. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

being able to finish the route.

Industry standard on every game or software you sell for real money is STABILITY which means that at least the software will work as intented.

Crashing is a major game breaking bug that should be fixed ASAP before the DLC goes live not after the release.

Quality come first , and if you don’t have enough time to produce a DLC that at least not crashes don’t sell it.

we are not testers . For this there is people on QA and beta testers they actually get money for test this products.

• Like Like x 11
  39. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Fit for purpose. Playable. Not bogged down by constant momentary pausing, frequent frame rate drops, awful stuttering and hideously ugly popup scenery. Every OTHER game I own seems to manage to avoid these problems.

Considering that I have spent more money on TSW2020, TSW2 and DLC than on ANY other title I have, do you think that is acceptable?

• Like Like x 12
  40. solicitr

Then get a PC.

41. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

No

• Like Like x 9
  42. OdedBlizzard

OdedBlizzard Member

actually for PC’s it’s 10x times more complicated to achieve stability , PC’s have 1000’s of components and drivers which cause incompatibility and crashes.

Consoles on the other hand have the same components for every console type.

If you can’t get it right on consoles then you obviously can’t get it right on PC.

• Like Like x 8
  43. tallboy7648

Perhaps when the route doesn't have memory crashes on both last and current gen consoles

• Like Like x 4
  44. tallboy7648

Amazing response. Maybe you should tell that to a 7 year old. SMH

• Like Like x 11
  45. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

With thousands of games running stable for all types of consoles for decades this really is not a platform issue.

However looking over the edge there have been some very strange AAA releases recently. Even the often praised FH5 crashes sometimes (ok it disconnects, but when using MP that's quite the same player experience)... not starting with the GTA re-release or BF2042 at all.

If I'd have to take a guess I'd say the main reasons behind this are the mentality of every company with investors or shareholders to make 100$ now instead of actually investing something in order to make 1000$ in the future and the often praised Home Office turning out to be about 5% as productive as expected on the long term...

• Like Like x 3
  46. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, as you yourself have said on more than one occasion, the cost of a gaming PC is prohibitive currently.

We have many people in the community, especially the younger players, for whom the difference between a $400 console and a $2,000+ gaming PC is an unfathomable chasm.

Or are you saying " Qu'ils mangent de la brioche "?

• Like Like x 6
  47. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Are you deliberately trolling?

• Like Like x 7
  48. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

What kind of feeble minded and immature cretin makes a reply like that on a forum section dedicated to Playstation users?

[​IMG]

Surely that is advice that DTG should have given PS users who wanted TSW rather than flogging them a sub standard product.

• Like Like x 8
  49. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

No. For goodness sake open your eyes and realise you are posting in a dedicated section for PS players.

What a stupid and unintelligent comment to make.

• Like Like x 8
  50. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Okay this thread is rapidly digressing. Stop trying to wind each other up.

solicitr telling playstation users to purchase a PC is simply unhelpful and will only ruffle feathers.

It is not unreasonable to expect a console game to work. Part of the appeal of consoles is that they are standardised and therefore should have nothing unexpected technically.

• Like Like x 12