Enough Of This...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pascal.weick, Nov 26, 2021.

1. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

Well DTG... please do yourself a favor and stop making american mountain Lines. Youre not sble to programm them correctly. No matter if i start at Hermosa down to Cheyenne or start at Cheyenne. No matter what i try, im not able to get the LOVE train to move. The AI has no problems at all. Its always the same! And i already can tell that its gonna be the same on the Horseshoe Curve. Im really having enough of this!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Seeing how everyone else seems to be able to get trains moving, are you sure you set everything up correctly? If you did, remember that you‘re pumping up the brake pipe from nothing. Check the brake pipe pressure at the end of the train (not the big number for the front). If that‘s anywhere below 70 psi, there‘s little chance of moving the train yet. This will take several minutes. You can‘t just start the service and set off with these trains.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pascal.weick

Its all set up correctly. Brake Pipe Pressure is at 89. At Notch 1 to 4 nothing happens and Notch 5 to 8 the wheels start slippin and thats it. And im currently sitting at Cheyenne. No uphill and no downhill. I have a Graintrain. 106 Cars and 14112.9 tons. And nothing moves. So tell me how should i get this thing to move???

4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

pascal.weick I have edited your thread title and your original post to remove inappropriate language.

I understand you are frustrated and we want you to share your feedback with us, however please remember that the forums are for users of all ages and your posts should reflect that.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

You might want to try the hill start training module

• Like Like x 2
  6. pascal.weick

I also did that... the scenario worked. On timetable iv tried for 45 minutes to get the intermodal from hermosa to cheyenne to move on a 0.8 uphill gradient. No chance at all. From Notch 1-4 nothing happens and Notch 5-8 just wheelslip. No success. And i dont have time the whole frickin day trying to get a train to move...

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Did you press the PTT yellow button to make sure the rear loco is also engaged?

8. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It makes me laugh when people eff and Jeff at DTG when it is their own shortcomings that are the problem. Just imagine the backlash from the community if the train started at easily as the 377 for example rather than making it true to life.

• Like Like x 3
  9. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Make this software working correctly, then you dont have to waste your time with removing " inappropriate language." Read what people are telling. Most of it is valueable feedback. Customer support is 5h. appropriate enough ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2021
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We absolutely do read what the community are telling us. And your feedback is incredibly valuable.

I am personally unable to "Fix" the software, but I will ensure your voices are heard internally.

• Like Like x 4
  11. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

C'mon Nat pull your finger out, We know you are the one that does all the programming..... :) J/k
    All in all you are doing a great job on the communications side of things and when you and whoever are doing the streams, you make me laugh so you are doing great. Its just a shame that some of the "user base" are not as clued up as they believe they are (/goes to make a note on how to start the SD70.....).

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  12. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

More waffle but little action. London Commuter still crashing weeks after release. Called Rush Hour but not been implemented on the route. Just more and more were working on it when every release has major bugs not ones like wrong scenery etc but bugs that make the game unplayable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

DTG cannot make users play the game correctly.

"Brake Pipe Pressure is at 89" That's BP pressure at the front- what is it at the back? I wonder if the OP even knows where to look for it, or why it's important.

You would get more assistance from this very knowledgeable user community if you asked for it, nicely, rather than simply directing an obscene rant at the devs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There‘s the nice German proverb: Wie man in den Wald ruft, so schallt es heraus. Roughly the same as what goes around, comes around. Quite appropriate here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

It takes time for the brakes to fully release, it can take longer than ten minutes. Once the brakes are fully released you can use sand to help gain traction, if you need to.

16. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

DTG Natster:
    You understand that we are frustrated and we want to share our feedback with you, however we don't see any big changes to the game so please fix bugs instead of making new railroads with bugs remember that the players of all ages payed for a working game and your work should reflect that.

• Like Like x 4
  17. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

This is exactly why i have no interest in US routes i played Sand patcher & that was enough for me anyway the US trains look Ugly

• Like Like x 1
  18. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

This is correct and my response was not in regard to the thread title but to the DTG response. I have seen it too often, the "I understand you are frustrated and we want you to share your feedback ...."-reply. It is simply hard to believe. I fully understand that technical issues are a challenge, -that trouble shooting and fixing it might be difficult. Documentation and Communication will help all of us. Understanding ends at issues caused by sloppiness.

• Like Like x 2
  19. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I went online today and had a huge online argument with a supermarket about how my food was cold when I bought it. They kindly highlighted I had to wait for it to get hot when I cooked it, much like waiting for brakes to charge when you start it

• Like Like x 1
  20. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I don’t think you actually did

• Like Like x 1