PC Mbta Cab Car Brake Audio Bug - Boston Sprinter

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SCAX874, Nov 25, 2021.

1. SCAX874

SCAX874 New Member

After the update on the 24th, I noticed that when the brakes are applied on the MBTA Cab Car, the brake application sound does not stop until the brakes are released. It should be that brake application sound lasts just a couple seconds or so for each application, so this appears to be a new bug with the update. Video below to demonstrate. It sounds like it's now acting as if it is a manually lapped brake like the Caltrain Gallery cab car where the brake sound doesn't stop until the brake handle is put into Lap. I believe this is happening on the MBTA F40PH-3C too. Any one else have this issue now?

• Like Like x 4
  2. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Same on PS4 Pro. As with almost every update something thats working gets broken.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Same here. Really annoying...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Damn. Looks like I'm not going to be able to enjoy Boston Sprinter for a good while again. Hope they fix it at some point

• Like Like x 2
  5. lkostyra11

lkostyra11 New Member

Can confirm that on PC Steam as well. I just started playing through Boston Sprinter journey, it's especially annoying when stopping at the station - you either have to release the brakes (which will probably make the train run away) or switch the brake cut-off valve from Passenger to Cut Off. I usually go with the latter option and then switch it back to Passenger once boarding is finished (which makes the sound come back).

in addition to what OP mentioned, sometimes I also get the "air starts to flow through pipes" or "air finishes to hiss" sound a few times in a row. The first one usually happens when I slightly pull the brakes (Released -> Minimum Reduction), the latter one in the opposite case (Minimum/low % service -> Released).

• Like Like x 3
  6. bowie87

bowie87 Member

Yeah, that's so annoying. I can't play with the cab car at the moment because of it. I made a video showing this issue, hoping that DTG have a look at it and, more important, fixes the bug in reasonable time. But I think it's going to take months, if it ever gets fixed.

• Like Like x 2