Stats For Tharandter Rampe Now In Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Nov 26, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

So as one route comes out, another prepares for release. This time, it's for our return to Dresden with Tharandter Rampe, between Dresden and Chemnitz, as the stats for it are now in the steamdb:

I wouldn't be surprise if it comes out next month and I also wouldn't be surprise if this is the final route release for this year and if that's the case, this wouldn't be too bad of a route to end the year on, offering both the first German DMU and the first tilting train in TSW2 in the form of the DB BR 612.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=U:26929698

• Like Like x 15
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to this. German routes are my favourite. Not sure it will come this year though. (Great if it does).

I really hope the tilting works well. I haven’t actually seen this train in real life and don’t know much about it, but it looks really interesting.

Would be nice to get fixes for the current Dresden route as well. I haven’t had as many issues as some people. (Just a few random red lights and an occasional crash).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Hmm, I was wondering if that would be the last release for this year. It seemed a bit tight, and I hope we get good quality and that things are not rushed. But with that it seems likely this will be the last route before Christmas, so I keep my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

wa i very like

5. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

It'll be an interesting route for sure, I'm very excited to see the tilting mechanisms in action. The route looks scenic too, just hope there's a fair amount of services, and for the 612 to accelerate like a DMU, not a shinkansen.

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Nice and for DTG they can also do this legends of the DDR however it's going to be abbreviated as DKMS Dresden Karl Marx Stadt (Chemnitz). I wonder if DB BR612 can layer to the former Deutsche Bundesbahn network RRO RSN HRR HMA SKA Hamburg Lubeck and Main Spessart Bahn

7. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

The last route this year - located in the christmas land ore mountains - fits perfectly!

The picture in this article shows the christmas market in Freiberg, located halfway between Dresden and Chemnitz.
    (Sadly wont happen this year because of COVID)

8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

From what I know the 612 didn't have any services on any of these routes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

DCZ: Fuelled and Charged
    Complete all training modules for Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    Upplåst 26 nov @ 14:49
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Moving Mountains
    Complete all scenarios on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Tourist Board
    Complete all route tasks on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Drop-off
    Complete 1 service on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Up and Down the River
    Complete 20 services on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Thunderstruck
    Complete Scenario "Thundering Through" on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Climb the Hill
    Complete scenario "Double Header" on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    DCZ: Southside
    Reach Route Level 20 on Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz
    [​IMG]
    BR 612: Tilted
    Operate the DB BR 612 for 60 kilometres
    [​IMG]
    BR 612: Regional Runner
    Operate the DB BR 612 for 600 kilometres

• Like Like x 2
  10. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

No it's not.

Glasgow Cathcart wasn't GCCC (Glasgow Central Cathcart Circle)
    London - Brighton wasn't LVB (London Victoria - Brighton)
    SEHS wasn't LSPF (London St. Pancras - Faversham).

I'm afraid I've only ever seen you making a point of it being the Karl Marx Stadt, so it's most likely going to be what near enough everyone calls it: DCZ (Dresden - Chemnitz).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Maybe as AI on RSN for RE 17 services, but they would need to be added because they arent there yet.
    But i'll use it for scenarios as substitution for any other german DMU on RRO, MSB, HMA and so on.

MSB has already had its preservation crew update, but they could add short passenger services with the 612 to Aschaffenburg Süd.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be a viable thing to do until we (hopefully) get Desiros.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I am kind of dissapointed that nothing in the stats hints at a new Dosto cab car being included. :(

It might still come, but would think they'd make some achievements for it then. Really curious to see what Dostos they used (older ones, ones with or without VVO markings, etc.). Otherwise seeing the stats in steam makes me hopeful we'll see this very christmassy route (the erzgebirge are known for many christmas related things, mainly the wooden nut crackers) right before Christmas :).

• Like Like x 2
  14. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

At this point I really don't think we will get other Dostos than the already ingame. They would have mentioned this in the roadmap otherwise. And the ingame Dostos are accurate, so there is (other than HLB) no need for other Dostos. We probably have to wait for the steam DLC to get new loco hauled passenger cars.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cramnor

There could be an argument made about that. When it comes to the S3 services, there could be a case for that, absolutely. But the RB30 to my knowledge never used this modern generation of Dostos, especially in the early 2000s where this route is supposedly set. So having the older generation of Dostos would certainly be more accurate, but we have seen with Hamburg-Lübeck how DTG thinks about these kinds of things. When you don't see a difference between low and high entry Dostos, they will certainly not see a difference between these two generations of Dostos :(

And no achievements, neither for the 143 nor the Dostos, unfortunately points in this direction of re-used stock

• Like Like x 3
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Not at all, this route kept the older generation way longer than the rest of Dresden lines and some ran all the way until the services were given to MRB (and 612 stopped running there).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. matinakbary

But I think DTG saw that having the wrong Dostos was the wrong decision. I remeber Sam saying "We know" and "Hamburg was not a strong release". So at least internally it should be clear that accurtate rolling stock is inevitable. Of course I don't have the internas but knowing that the community team and Matt read the forums, they should know that "other" Dostos are possible and very welcome. But still, if the reused Dostos are in any way accurate, it's of course somehow okay if they don't develop new Dostos.

18. jolojonasgames

I don't quite know how I feel about Dosto re-use on this route. For S3 the modern Dostos (albeit without VVO logos) are accurate, not for the RB lines. That means rhe route doesn't offer anything new on that front, except for the BR 612. And that 612 I think is the key for this route for me. If it turns out nice and fully functional and the route is up to standard I'd probably buy it.

Just waiting until the first articles and streams now, then I'll start making up my mind as to if I'll give myself a christmas present :).

• Like Like x 2
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is because none of the Dosto Cap Cars has received an Achivements for Distance so far

• Like Like x 1
  20. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've just checked the steam achievements for previous routes, and I can't find any for the Dosto CC anyway, so the fact there's no achievement for it here says nothing, but let's not let facts get in the way of a good moan ;)

EDIT: just reread the post above *facepalm*

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Cramnor

Yeah, that's all the talking we get to hear, but I hope that actions will also follow at some point :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Imagine the first article with screenshots and it's going to be either cheers or bashing all over the place... (HHL flashbacks). And there are people in DTG, who already know by now what that will be.

• Like Like x 3
  23. matinakbary

Yeah and that should not be far away, as this will probably be the release after TSG's G6.

24. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

How long did it usual take for routes to get the first screenshots after the Steam Stats were published?

25. jolojonasgames

That's some helpful info, thanks! There still might be a chance, though I'm not getting my hopes up :). The inclusion of different Dostos would definetely influence my purchasing behaviour.

26. jolojonasgames

I'm also curious to find that out :).

27. Clumsy Pacer

For the last 5 routes:
    Sherman: Stats went up 21st October, First Screens 15th November (not counting the leaked ones the previous week), release 25th November
    Cornwall: Stats on 6th October, screenshots 15th October, original release date of 21st October
    Brighton: Stats 10th September, screenshots 17th September, release 7th October
    Reisa: Stats 3rd August, screenshots 27th August, release 9th September
    Boston: Stats 2nd July, screenshots 23rd July, release 19th August.

So probably week commencing the 6th we'll get screenshots and a preview for release the following week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  28. Swisstrains

Hmm, so my guess:
    First screens on the 6th of December, and release on the 18th of December :D

• Like Like x 2
  29. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

This route has a lot of interesting points. I am very interested in how Freital-Haisberg looks like. There the third track separates into a freight yard. Let's see if there will be freight traffic. And again a narrow-gauge railway ... we need a VII K, saxon steam locomotive for narrow-gauge, operating still daily there :D

• Like Like x 1
  30. Swisstrains

Soooo, I don’t want to disappoint anyone here, BUT: There won’t be any new Dostos. Matt confirmed that in the latest Vossloh G6 stream this evening. He also said we will see enough of Dresden-Chemnitz, so I expect that Tharandter Rampe is actually the next add on to release.

31. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Also: Matt said that the G6 does substitute on Dresden-Chemnitz, which means that there will most likely be a shunting layer (I'd assume using DRA's 363 by default).

• Like Like x 3
  32. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

One would think that they've taken notes after HHL... At least please take off the VVO marking which didn't run in 612 era...

• Like Like x 3
  33. Cramnor

There we go, exactly what I was afraid of, a lot of talking like "we learned what happened with HHL" and now we get this :D I can't even be sad about it any longer, that's the worst part. Why? Because it means I've given up.

But hearing the G6 will be on the route means there will be freight (most likely) and some shunting services as well, maybe they'll even make use of some yards along the route :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe the Railpool 185 will be there too. That would help somewhat. 612, wrong dostos, 143, new livery 185 and a shunter, probably 204 as a native (judging by the fact THAT ONE can sub on RRO). Not a bad roster overall... but the dostos...

• Like Like x 1
  35. Clumsy Pacer

I think this route's set later than some of you think it is, it's listed on the roadmap as being set after 2011. From what I can tell, the gen 3 dostos we currently have were introduced on the S-bahn in 2007. Are there other routes on the line that use the older dostos after 2011?

36. jolojonasgames

Yes, RB 30 operated a variety of older Dostos until the takeover by MRB. However, as long as the Dosto's aren't in the VVO paint scheme, and therefore era appropriate for the S-bahn, I'll be willing to overlook the lack of new Dostos in this situation, because most services will be the S-bahn ones anyways, and it makes sense having the correct ones on those. The BR 612 is an entirely new unit, the first DMU and the first tilting train, so I think the rolling stock team had their hands full. I'm also really exicted for the 612 and to think it makes the route worth buying for me if the rest of the route is up to standard. The possibile (rumoured) addition of a RailPool BR 185 would also add enough variety for me, definetely when you consider there will also be shunting operations. With the route having slower speeds, gradients and many speed changes, I'm even starting to think there might be a possibility for a route that matches RSN in it's interesting gameplay.

I am kind of hopeful for this being a good route, definetely looking forward to seeing some of it, and I am curiously awaiting if the roadmap mentions the RailPool BR 185. :)

• Like Like x 4
  37. Swisstrains

I don’t think there will be a Railpool Br185, because I don’t think they have the license… But it’s easy to be made in the livery editor! Took me about half an hour for a pretty accurate version (well, apparently two of them)

38. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

But it had its own card in loco selection, liveries would be hidden in "Q" menu

• Like Like x 1
  39. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Also (OT): Matt said that the cab car for the BR101 is not yet abandoned and they seemingly want to do it at some other point.

In yesterdays stream you could briefly see a Railpool BR185 in the train selection.

• Like Like x 5
  40. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

They could do a loco pack with the other IC carriages: buffet car etc, and the cab car as the loco in the pack. This would require consists that can be made up of multiple DLCs though, so not holding my breath.

41. jolojonasgames

Ooh, I missed that comment. Really would love to see it :).

I like the idea of an IC rolling stock pack including a BordBistro, but that has practical DLC on DLC on DLC issues. Perhaps is the BR 120 ever comes they could be part that DLC or the BR 101 is included in a route as base rolling stock the cab car could be a DLC for that route.

• Like Like x 4
  42. Swisstrains

oh really? Where?

• Like Like x 1
  43. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That's a pretty thin ice solution - people already owning the 101 would probably not be happy about needing to buy another route AND an extra DLC for it to complete the IC trains.

44. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

upload_2021-11-30_16-11-15.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  45. Swisstrains

hahaha I made exactly that livery about two months ago, but I guess this one will look way more beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  46. jolojonasgames

That's actually a fair concern. It's a genuinely tricky situation, but I hope there is an option :).

• Like Like x 1
  47. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Most important for me would be that the cab car would be included in existing consists. I drive the BR101 most of the time on Dresden Riesa and if a cab car would ever come I'd hate to see it only being included with the IC consists from that route on. But the most important part is that DTG realises that a cab car is desperately wanted. Now back to the Tharandter Rampe discussion. :D

48. matinakbary

Maybe someone can open another thread to explain why we still want to have the cabcar and what possibilites we have to include it (e.g. with a BR 120)

• Like Like x 1
  49. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Looks like two of the achievements ("Climb the hill" and "Tilted") were removed. Interesting.

50. Firehero

Firehero New Member

The route is still in production so it probably won't come out in December.