Just A Question, Does Csx Go To Johns Townso If You Look At A Map.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by carter, Nov 28, 2021.

1. carter

carter Active Member

So if you look at a map at Rockwood which we have an sand patch grade it goes north to John’s town which we have in horseshoe curve, so I was wondering if CSX go to Johnstown and if it does we could get it in horseshoe Curve.

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Doubt it, quick research shows that the only thing CSX does is some local work in Johnstown (D703 Rockwood District Switcher) The CSX and NS do not exchange cars in Johnstown (Not since the Conrail era). So I doubt Skyhook would even model this lone service to the area.
    https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,5265255
    a.png

3. carter

carter Active Member

Does the train that run it in the game and if it is then I think they should put it in even if it’s only one because it would be realistic. But only if they put in the csx yard.

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

There's no D703 on the timetable (let alone seen any trains leaving or entering beyond the north end of Rockwood Mine). And besides, it's not really worth implementing just one CSX train on Horseshoe Curve if it's just a small fraction of an adjacent line at Johnstown. Let alone including the adjacent yard next to the Pittsburgh Line that could easily be turned into background scenery with not much to do at all.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  5. carter

carter Active Member

Obviously they probably won’t include it I think saying it’s just one service it’s not really good enough because it would be realistic to put it in but again it’s not really on the route so it does make sense to put it in.