Pzb On German Routes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helderbrincolas, Oct 29, 2021.

1. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

So i have my eyes on Munster-Bremen, Konstanz-Villigen and Freiburg-Basel and i would like to know if the locos on that routes feature PZB and SIFA, because it´s a crime not to drive with it...
    Thanks in advance!

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Sifa is nothing to do with a route - it is the Vigilance Device on the loco to make sure the driver is Alert.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sifa

AFAIK most if not all German routes after 2014 have PZB

3. helderbrincolas

I´m not mentioning the routes, but the locos. My point is to know if the locos in that routes feature PZB and SIFA, like if you can turn on/off and use the sistems.... I say this because i was told that the the BR 189 doesn´t have PZB or SIFA on the Freiburg-Basel and Konstanz-Villigen

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. helderbrincolas

Members from the Rail Sim Germany, the BR 189 does not have PZB and SIFA because it's a reduce version, compared to the one available on Virtual Railroads.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I just gave the 189 a run on the Konstanz-Villigen and passing the first Vorsignal with a reduced aspect the brakes applied as I did not cancel the PZB warning - the Control panel is poor with no PZB lights.

If you like the routes then buy them - it is easy to swap the 189 for something else

7. helderbrincolas

Oh okay, thanks for the help, really appreciated!!
    I will go with Munster-Bremen, or the german collection bundle, i don´t know yet...
    How is the Frankfurt-Koblenz and NEC Washington-Baltimore after the major bug fixes and etc??

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not given the Frankfurt-Koblenz a run since and I don't have the NEC

9. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I hardly ever use PZB - I find it too complicated - even when going past signals, all I seem to get is my train going into emergency not long after I acknowledge - probably why I prefer UK content - much easier to drive.

10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Konstanz-Villingen-Hasauch is a very beautiful route, BR111 and the double deckers were the only trains I drove, didn't gave the 189 a chance yet. Those have PZB and Sifa fully functional. What I really like of that route is that roads are very well modeled (with speed signs and stuff, same with HIS routes), and that gives a very inmersive feeling, I know it is not fundamental for the simulation, but it feels like real world out there.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't know if the Academy BR189, for which there are repaints, has a proper PZB abd Sifa - that could be used by swapping.
    Like others I don't use PZB but I do like LZB and the HRQ Taurus activates LZB even if PZB is off.

One of the older locos I ran yesterday, vR BR120, has an AWS Style system where the Sound activates after passing a Signal or Speed Magnet and you cancel it like AWS. - much easier for me.

12. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

I love PZB because it really challenges me, but it seems some loco/routes are buggy as far as I can tell. I wish I had a spreadsheet of routes and locos with good PZB implementation. I am working on one but it it’s slow going.

13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

In Munster-Bremen the PZB is present on the whole route but it is not included on the DB BR 401 ICE 1. Therefore if you love to use the PZB you must additionally purchase the DB BR 401 ICE 1 from 3DZug -> 3DZUG - ICE 1 (Class 401)
    or any other train that has this "advanced features".
    What I said also applies to other routes. Locos/Trains equipped with PZB/LZB are usually sold separately as TS PRO products or by third parties.

If you look carefully at the list below in the descriptions (Key Features) it is specified whether they equip PZB/LZB or not. However TS PRO products should equip everyone.

-> Pagina del DLC di Steam: Train Simulator (steampowered.com)

A very useful thing that I do personally before buying is to look for some videos on Youtube so I understand if I can like it and if there are PZB and LZB ... and I also discovered the mystery about the different trains (those with advancd features PZB/LZB/Ebula and those without) ;)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021