Information After Update 1.55 Playstation 4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Nov 3, 2021.

1. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Why are all these ‘roadmaps’ necessary? Just release content that works, then it won’t need a roadmap to explain how long (if ever) it will take to fix it.The time spent on roadmaps could be spent more productively.

If it were me, I’d be looking to release fully functional software that doesn’t need patching, fixing etc. Then with the successful release behind me, move on to the next release and so it goes on. Nothing to fix so staff are only deployed on positive matters, not trying to fight fire on stuff already released. I am aware that this is a simplistic view, and that I know nothing about software development.

But the silence has been deafening, these past few weeks…

• Like Like x 3
  2. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

If I lived in Europe, I would certainly go out for a drink with you guys (I don't drink alcohol)

I'm not against the release of other DLC's, but at the very least I demand that those already released are corrected.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tcmikaelsouza

I like the fortnightly Roadmaps format, as at the very least we have a basic sense of how things are going, unlike forums that aren't always fed with information like Roadmaps.

4. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD TrainSim-Matt For God's sake, where is the loco booth sounds correction in LBN and LIRR in the script or any other corrective outreach material? I sincerely hope you look at this urgently.

5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Fixes take time. That's one thing that anyone who listens to Matt on a stream will know.

They don't have any obligation to say anything if it's still in the works. Patience is key.

Everyone who works on the Roadmap/Articles and Railfan TV side of things are seperate from those who make the game (with the exception of Adam and Matt, and occasional guests).

So really, these things can go ahead with little to no effect on the development.

Same would go for any "fixes roadmap".

• Like Like x 2
  6. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

The roadmap was again very interesting. Matt explained a lot of the problems they ran into and more importantly about the fixes they want to implement. From what I understood it's a good thing they ran into the PS5 DLC limit as it forces them to optimise the game in a way they never thought of. When I hear that when Ii'm playing a German route, the UK routes and US routes occupy memory. The 64GB limit forces DTG to free up that memory so that sounds to me like an optimisation console users will benefit from.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey folks. Just wanted to jump in here to mention a few things.
    • We are watching, reviewing, and reporting back any issues we see - please don't ping us, we can't reply to all threads, but read as much as we can - fixes and issues need to be prioritised against other potential issues. For instance, the PS5 DLC limit issue, because it means a lot of players are unable to play content they have purchased, would be a higher priority than an audio fix. That is an example, but there are a long list of things we'd like to improve and each needs to be weighed up against each other. That doesn't mean to say they're not important to your enjoyment of the routes/locos though.
    • We don't cover individual fixes in the Roadmap - if there is a suite of potential improvements grouped together, like the Preservation Crew updates, we will include them, but fixes will be available when we release Patch updates. This is because, quite often, patch update builds are only confirmed very soon before release.
    • We will try to update the game with patches as often we can - often though, it will need to go alongside an Add-on's launch.
    Last night's Roadmap stream is available to watch here - it details the latest on the PS5 DLC project, Achievements, Arosa improvements, and more (as well as a little Sherman Hill-shaped surprise at the end of it):

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. tcmikaelsouza

JD, Good morning, thank you for your feedback, we understand DTG's priority in solving problems on the PS5 with people who do not view the add-ons they have purchased, but it is very important that you also prioritize the problems indicated in this topic, as they are factors that break the immersion totally, I hope that at least they are on the radar and that they are resolved as soon as possible, we are being hyper patient, but we also ask for there to be multiple understanding.

• Like Like x 2
  9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but it is very frustrating that things that get broken by an update, then seem to not become a priority, but seem to go to the back of the queue. In some ways to us in the community, never to get fixed.

In the real world, if I rolled out a Patch/Fix that broke something, that then becomes the top priority, over anything else. Though have to say working Finance, it is a bit more important than a Game/Simulation.

All we then hear about is "Oh Look, New Stuff and New DLC's".

It would be very nice to hear that fixes are under way (and that they really are, not just on to radar and the "Cannot be bothered shelf"). Because that is what it appears to us as the Customer.

It needs to be also looked on from our side of the fence and how DTG and others look to their "Paying" customers.

• Like Like x 4
  10. e33ey80

e33ey80 Member

Hi when will London commuter be fixed on PS4 keep getting the blue kick please

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  11. antwerpcentral

There is no timeframe, expect frequent patches that will not solve everything at once

12. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Well that last "roadmap" stream had little regarding the problems with BML apart from a promise that one crash producing scenario would be fixed and they are looking at collision detection on the 3rd rail of presumably hundreds of mile of track!

In contrast there was a great deal of excitement regarding the forthcoming Sherman Hill route...

13. antwerpcentral

It's Monday morning so I'm grumpy and not that positive but my wallet is excited as I don't get excited by freight routes. The roadmap at this moment has such a big gap until my interest will get peaked again that there is plenty of time to play something else and return when the new German route comes out. Test London Commuter and Dresden again before watching that pre release stream and draw conclusions of what has been said and what has been achieved.

14. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning Friends, my interest and playing time in TSW2 has drastically decreased in recent times, due to the recent problems that prevent me from playing Dresden and London Commuter as I would like, I am focusing on other games, I returned to playing F1 2020 which was the I played the least F1 because of the excitement I had with the TSW2 when I bought it.

It seems that bugs and crashes in releases are more and more frequent, we've seen Cyberpunk, now GTA Trilogy, we would never have imagined a GTA production to be released with so many bugs and crashes, we sincerely hope that TSW2 and all games can come back "like before", more care, dedication and attention in the releases so that they work at least correctly and without crashes, with later improvements, and that all problems are corrected efficiently.

Hope we have a good week, with news and corrective updates.

• Like Like x 2
  15. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Motion blur and the cursor size still aren't saved either

16. antwerpcentral

Don't wanna plug a game but you should try F1 2021. When I went back to that game, it was really hard to go back to stuttering and all the framerate issues TSW has at the moment. What for me is so damn impressive about F1 2021 is that they made the PS4 pro version even look and run better than F1 2020. When I first played F1 2021 I thought wow I don't need a PS5. Having played a few other games as well I come to that conclusion also. What codemasters did was looking that their biggest player base had the best version and improve up on that for next gen. I feel like it is the other way around with TSW. TSW feels like you need a much more powerful machine and I'm sure you will still have this feeling when you play it on PS5 or a very powerful PC. That is something that really needs to be fixed in TSW.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. tcmikaelsouza

I didn't buy the F1 2021 for lack of money kkk, it's very expensive here in Brazil, especially considering that now Codemasters was acquired by EA, that is, more expensive than ever. I have all F1s for PS2 PS3 and PS4 (2000-06, 2010-20).

• Like Like x 1
  18. tcmikaelsouza

I'm curious to see today's 4Up challenge, to see if everyone will play it cool and without crashes hahahaha

19. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Given that that the 4up challenge isn’t played live. I doubt we will see any crashes.

20. tcmikaelsouza

12:30 (UTC), My PS4 still hasn't received today's update, and I was hyper bummed that there were fixes only in Boston, Cene Creek, and RRO, at least RRO now gets Rush Hour passengers, but Dresden continues to crash, LBN no comment, LIRR unpatched of locos, in short, it's an unforeseen wait...

Note: I was unable to complete the 13:09 Journey from Lubeck to Hamburg as I got stuck at a red light just before Hamburg, two trains stalled ahead.

21. tcmikaelsouza

The updates have only just become available for download, frustrated that I still haven't seen anything positive in Dresden and LBN, let's wait...

22. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

I noticed the 1.58 update started last night on my PS4. As usual with TSW updates I paused it so that I could read the feedback over the next few days before chancing my install being screwed up. Reading the announcement by Natser ( https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-game-update-24-11-21.49087/ ) it seems that the 3.7GB update has nothing for any of the routes that I have so if there is no reports of serious problems I might give it the green light tomorrow.

Isn't it sad that I have to treat TSW like that? I can think of no other software I have ever owned where I fear updates causing more damage than improvements.

23. borg#1850

So a 3.78 gig update that does exactly what, for any of us older DLC users! I pity anyone with a slow ISP, just hope no one is left on earth with a dial up!! So do us Older DLC users a favour and fix something old as well as new. Might make us all happy. NOTE I did only say "Might"

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. tcmikaelsouza

fixes only in Boston, Cene Creek, and RRO, at least RRO now gets Rush Hour passengers, but Dresden continues to crash, LBN no comment, LIRR unpatched of locos, in short, it's an unforeseen wait...

• Like Like x 1
  25. tcmikaelsouza

DTG Natster, Good afternoon, could you confirm if the points listed by me are on the correction team's radar, the most impacting for me would be the sound problems of the locos in LBN and LIRR, and the crashes in LBN and Dresden.

• Like Like x 2
  26. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

It would be great if you could play Dresden carefree and full of joy at some point

• Like Like x 1
  27. e33ey80

e33ey80 Member

London commuter in scenarios fast lane is buged

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  28. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

They are sound problems and yes they work as designed, albeit the gap in the sound sample of the external sound when you open the drivers side window in the 377 and 387. These are not GAME BREAKING BUGS, infact as I have said previous these sounds are correct.
    They will be looking at the so called bugs at some point but their priority at the moment is the game breaking bug of the dlc install issue for the PS5. With all your posts you sound like an impetulant spoilt brat who is used to getting their own way. They will get round to looking at the supposed "non game breaking sound bug" when they have finished the more important ones. So please just let them get on with what they need to do.

Hentis

• Like Like x 8
  29. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning, at no time have I offended you or disrespected you, so I ask you to maintain respect with me and other colleagues, as for your comment, I fully agree with you on the priorities on game-breaking bugs, red lights and trains stuck in the middle of the way, but I reiterate that the problems with the internal sounds of the cabs are a serious problem in LBN and in LIRR, it's not just me that says, but most players too, and as I said, before you critique my feedback and how I demonstrated in videos take the test yourself at Electrostars on LBN, ECW and SEHS and hear the latent difference between them all. Like any player on this forum I just want the game to be fixed and improved, and I give my Feedbacks to help other colleagues and producers to fix and identify issues, I don't want to keep trading offenses.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Hi, As you seem to know so much about the sounds not being correct I was wondering when, (such as what year), it was that you rode on them in real life? Just thinking maybe they have changed a bit since you rode on them if it was several years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  31. ukpetey

I don’t think anyone has to have ridden in the cab of a GX387 unit to know that the sounds in the cab are forked. The AWS is almost silent

• Like Like x 3
  32. tcmikaelsouza

My friend, I have never had the pleasure of being in a cabin on an English train, but I have had the opportunity to be in the cabin of several Metro trains here in São Paulo - Brazil.

As for my complaint about the internal sounds of loci 387 GX and 377 SN (LBN), I invite you to drive for 5 at loci 377 SN in ECW and 375 SE and then drive in one of the loci in LBN and you will notice the how inaudible the cabin sounds are in these locos, their sound is really perfect, but you just enjoy it listening outside the train, on external cameras or on foot, inside the cabin you don't hear that pulling sound, let alone the sounds of the security systems that are virtually inaudible.

oh, be sure to play the LIRR and you won't hear absolutely nothing of the sound of the M7 LIRR, its sound is muted!!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

You can get an idea of the real life cab sounds from this YouTube video of a cab ride from Brighton to Gatwick.

I don't know what train this is filmed in but being from Dec 2015 it is likely to be a 377/387. If you are into cab ride videos you should check out some of the other YouTube content from user ed731pdh. He has a few featuring the Brighton line.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Sounds are correct, I know electrostars well, unlike you who’s from Brazil who actually doesn’t know what they truly sound like, the ecw sounds are wrong. BML sounds are correct

• Like Like x 4
  35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The sounds may well be correct but the issue isn’t the correctness of the sounds, it’s the bad mixing and the way they play (or don’t play) and cut in and out. That’s why the OP and many others want them fixed.

Having said that, tcmikaelsouza they won’t fix them any faster by you asking about it after every roadmap or update. They are important bugs as you say but you don’t need to post about them not being fixed yet so often, because you might find yourself having to post a lot of times. What others say about the other bugs being more important to fix is that they will be the bugs that get worked on first. They will get round to fixing the sound issues but it might take time. Those other bugs actually prevent players from playing the game at all, the sound bugs are just irritating but don’t prevent play. That’s why the other bugs need fixing first.

• Like Like x 5
  36. paulossj4

paulossj4 Active Member

My dream is to be able to travel by Eurostar from Paris to London and then visit the extensive rail network in the UK.

But back to the game, the sounds of the 377 and 387 are good, I can even hear them. What I usually do is roll down the right window of the cab, because I can hear the traction sound better.

What happens most of the time is that the sound chops due to the several audios that the game has to play at the same time. An example of this is the AWS alarm.

Another thing that bothers me is that in the terminal stations there is no sound of the rails creaking with the train wheels, as in some parts of the route...

• Like Like x 1
  37. tcmikaelsouza

Exactly, you get my point, the sound of the loco is perfect, but inside the cabin it doesn't really work as it should. I'm aware that the priority is to fix crashes and bugs, I went to play in Dresden today and he didn't let me start a path, by SPAD, I hope it's fixed, sorry to be incisive and annoying in charging for sound correction, only I want it to be carried out as soon as possible and not be forgotten.

• Like Like x 3
  38. ukpetey

On that video the AWS sounds can be clearly heard in the cab, unlike in the TSW 387

• Like Like x 1
  39. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Oh, so like me then you have never been on one. And I thought you had been on a lot as you keep moaning a lot about the sound. Have you ever thought that maybe as this is the more up to date route that they maybe correct on this route like others who are here in the UK have said? And maybe, just maybe as the other routes are older they are wrong?

• Like Like x 1
  40. ukpetey

tcmikaelsouza is correct about the in cab sounds. The audio levels or mix are wrong, nothing like in real life. Fact. Nothing to do with being an up to date route

• Like Like x 1
  41. tcmikaelsouza

Thanks for your support friend!

• Like Like x 2
  42. tcmikaelsouza

Today's update only fixes Sherman Hill and game crash when unloading passengers in Brighton (LBN). Unfortunately another week goes by and nothing expressive in LBN or in Dresden which is too critical and unplayable.

• Like Like x 1
  43. niko558

niko558 Member

I recently got BML and I’ve tried 3 timetable routes an 1 scenario with no crashes so far and no red light issues but the frame rate is no better than 30 but as low as 15 near London and is very laggy. This route has great potential to be a great DLC if the Devs can optimise it for the PS4. I think the low frame rate is an issue and it does spoil the immersion...

• Like Like x 1
  44. e33ey80

e33ey80 Member

And why dose the store on train sim world 2 keeps braking so you can't see what add on you need it needs to be fixed on PS4

45. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Tcmikaelsouza I’ve told you many times the sounds are correct. You need to play them at a rather high volume, as you are told to on all AP sound packs. Nothing new here. Cab sounds are different from the passenger cabin sounds due to insulation and various other reasons.

we have many many more serious issues that need fixing. Why not focus your efforts on those instead? In the meantime, get acquainted with the volume buttons on your remote control. I have no issue with the AWS on the 387 either. On volume level 50 you hear it just fine and it isn’t too loud at all.

• Like Like x 2
  46. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

You’re arguing here about irrelevant little things to the point of unconsciousness, and no one mentions bugs where the introduction on the Canadian and Scottish routes can’t end, not to mention the more important bugs that TSW 2 is full of and will never be fixed! That's why I don't write almost anything on the forum anymore and I don't report anything, it doesn't make sense, mostly everything stays the same. :(

• Like Like x 1
  47. niko558

niko558 Member

I don’t want to be too controversial but I played BML yesterday and the AWS sound was okay but there’s definitely something wrong with the vigilance sound and it’s definitely not loud enough and it certainly needs sorting as I have my volume turned up...

• Like Like x 2
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sound is broken on London Commuter when driving with the windows open. Wind sound is way too loud and the sound of the train gets distorted. This is important to many players, myself included. If the sound is poor, the experience is not great.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. ukpetey

That you have told someone many times that the sounds are correct, does not mean that they are. In my opinion, the cab sounds are muted. This is my opinion, and accordingly you have yours. Please do not post your opinion as fact, they are different things. Your ‘volume 50’ isn’t going to be the same as mine, so will give a different result. In my opinion some sounds are muted, others are not, therefore the audio mix is unbalanced.

Where is it stated that AP sounds packs need to be played at a high volume? Other than by you? And even if true, it shouldn’t need to be. Simply the audio mix should be balanced.

Anyone can flag any issues. Those you consider “serious” might be insignificant to others, and vice-versa. It is not for you to judge. Or are you simply trolling?

• Like Like x 2
  50. borg#1850

I agree the "Balance" of different sounds needs to be correct. if you turn up your volume then everything is louder. When it might be the case that some added "Individual" sounds have been added, with the wrong sound level set.

• Like Like x 1