PlayStation 43169 - Clinchfield - Crr Extra 3007 North - Possible Ai Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tom Z, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

I wish to have this ticket reopened. I had not replied in time to a request for further information for it to have remained opened.

Reference 43169:

Orginal enquiry:
    "I just attempted this run and was stopped at a red signal just after exiting the final tunnel before entering Elkhorn. There was a train sitting in the Elkhorn yard on my track preventing from going forward. After a while I walked to this train and it is the CRR195 Northbound Manifest that leaves Dante about 40 minutes before the 3007.

"For some reason the AI got stuck in the Elkhorn yard. It is sitting at the red marker that requires a dispatcher clearance.

"I should point out that was undertaken as part of the Journey."

I was asked for more information and my reponse was:

I had watched the YouTube refered to in the reponse to my enquiry. I have attempted this run 3 times and each time I am blocked. The last time I arrived at the red signal just before the Elkhorn Yard (just as you leave the tunnel) at 23:57. This is 9 minutes later than the arirval time shown in the Tube video but this was partially due to my slowing down knowing that there was red signal ahead.

After stopping I walked down to the train blocking my path and the game states that it is the CRR195 Northbound Mainifest and is due to leave at approximately 21.20, however according to timetables that is supposed be the departure time from Dante not Elkhorn. I attempted to move the train but I could not get permission to pass the red marker.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  2. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

I have attempted this a 4th time and actually watched CRR195 ahead of me (on the map) and it ran fine and pulled into the Elkhorn yard but then just stops. It arrived at Elkhorn approximately 35 minutes before I arrived at the red signal exiting the final tunnel. Appears to be a bug unless I am missing something.

3. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

4. tygerways#2596

Another peculiar ending at in CRR at Elkhorn City:
    I was doing the "McClure Shifter - Part 4 - Back to Elkhorn City" service (journey mode), and encountered a (single) red signal (the other signal head dark) about 0.8 miles in front of Elkhorn City, without any train occupying the track in front of me (and the full map indicating a yellow aspect at the place of the red signal). Signaller told me to "Proceed as signals indicate". A waited a bit, then just moved my train past the red signal. I didn't SPAD out, only the other (before dark) signal head lit its red aspect as well, and I could finish the service. (Driving without HUD, I can't say what the signal aspect preview was showing.)

5. novastinger#7138

novastinger#7138 New Member

I have also experienced the same issue today on Xbox one X in journey mode.

6. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

After reading the thread shown in the link above I can confirm that the AI train stops just short of the stopping marker. That may the reason it does not trigger the red light clearance.

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I reported the same issue, not sure if it is for the same service. I think in general bug fixing speed is still far to low.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tygerways#2596

What alarms me most is the fact that fixes to the game at one end seem to do significant damage at another end, in spite of all the effort alledgedly spent on testing and quality assurance (what was given on last night's stream as a reason why the bug fixing speed is so low).

9. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

Here are screenshots showing what has occured. The shots show my train stopped at the signal. A map view showing the location of the train in the yard blocking my entry and a shot of the train and that it is a few yards short of the stopping point.
    Train Sim World 2_20211127200427.jpg Train Sim World 2_20211127200450.jpg Train Sim World 2_20211121214456.jpg

Attached Files:

10. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

How in the world do game breaking bugs like this get passed testing? I really love the Clinchfield route, but its bugs are really infuriating. :|

Edit- I'd like to add that the stopping point for northbounds at Elkorn city is really ridiculous. It's literally like 3 ft from the red sign; what's worse is the portion of track is on a downward 1.5% grade- so when you're coming down with a long and heavy train it's really difficult to perform the precision stop required at this point. I think the stopping marker needs to be moved back to give player controlled trains a little bit of leeway for stopping here.

I've spaded at this point more times than I wish to recall...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The approach signal to Elkhorn City is simply a graphical bug: as far as the game is concerned it's a yellow, but the visual displays a red. You can drive right through without a SPAD.

12. Tom Z

Tom Z New Member

That may the case, but it doesn't help when I can't get into Elkhorn in the first place with a train blocking my path. The AI train will not pass the stop marker in the yard.