Boston Sprinter - Cold As Ice Scenario Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PeteW, Nov 30, 2021.

1. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Hi
    Went back to this route last night and tried the Cold as Ice scenario. Is this completeable?
    What I found was after changing ends from F40 to the CTC-3 Cab Car, I proceeded for a while and hit a red.
    Conntacted the signaller and got a Proceed at Restricted Speed (not sure how fast/slow restricted speed is?). Anyway, trundled along at 20MPH before eventually coming head to tail with another AI service at Red. That was the end as the AI never moved.
    So is this finishable? Did I mess up somewhere?

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think I finished this, had the same issue where I had to get permission to pass the red signal but the AI train was nowhere to be seen. At that point I was running quite late having followed the ATC speed restriction to the letter, i.e. slowing down as soon as the speed appeared on the HUD rather than continuing at line speed (I run with the safety system off on the Boston route).

3. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like you saying that the scenario will succeed if you keep to time (I was definitely late). But it breaks if you are late which is a bit of a bug I guess. Do you remember if you get the red signal if you are on tiime? Or can you avoid contacting signaller?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

No the opposite as I had been running at ATC indicated speed all the way and was around 10 or 15 mins late at that point. The only other thing that might have been different, was I was doing the scenario in Journey mode, though wouldn’t have thought that would change how it plays out.

5. ger842

ger842 New Member

I have a similar issue. Any solutions?