Scenario Planner For Sherman Hill Needs More Starting Points For Long Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grdaniel48, Nov 29, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I tried to make an Scenario for the new Sherman Hill... but was not possible!.

All runs I did with timetables were always with green lights.

So I mean,to make a very interesting one, which you can have a train ahead, so you will have yellow and red lights, to make the ride more interesting. Mainly in a route where you have uphill and downhills tracks. So it is more challenging to start again the train from a red light.

If you have 2 trains on both Laramie or Cheyenne, the other train never goes ahead of you. You always have the green light and the other the red one.
    So my suggestion and request is to include another starting point ahead for this train.
    For example from Laramie, on Hermosa small yard. On Cheyenne to make something similar, on another point ahead.

I also noticed on some of the industrial branchs, there you can only use just the locomotives. Not a train.
    Which is strange and useless.
    This kind of areas are also nice to start a train, not only for the big yards at both ends of the route.

Finally I would like to have more tracks available from departing trains on both Cheyenne and Laramie
    Up today there are only 2 on each yards.
    So for the complete route you will only cross with 2 of them on 58 miles! Not enougth
    At least one or 2 more will be better

Then please DTG, add at least one or two extra departing tracks in order to have more crossings with other trains on the route.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  2. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

They did it for the sand patch grade. Just start the one ahead at a later time.

3. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I notice you can’t have intermodal train formations to choose from. I really don’t like the length restrictions in the scenario planner.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You can but there are 2 problems.

1. They are only available in off the rails mode under Husky Stack.

2. Putting them in a custom scenario crashes the game if you try and run it.

5. grdaniel48

Did you mean, I must select the train I wants to be ahead of mine, to start later?
    Usually when you have both trains in the same yard, the game always gives you the green light, and the other the red one.
    Then according to your advise, if I do not start moving, then the sim will change my green light to red, and vice versa for the other one?

6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Yes for sand patch, but no unfortunately for Sherman Hill as the coding for ai trains are practically the same for sinario planer no matter the route. There is a starting point just outside Cumberland yard on the Sand Patch Grade

7. grdaniel48

But steamfan, please notice this thread is about Scenario planner on "Sherman Hill", not Sand Patch Grade.

Due to this issue I had on Sherman Hill, I to decided create this thread in order to ask DTG about adding new starting points on the yards and the route.
    Meanwhile as an alternative I made an UP Scenario on SPG.
    You can find pictures of it in the forum.
    On that route there is no problem at all.

Anyway thank you very much for intention to helps me.
    I appreciate that!.