Today's Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sharon E, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The "crazy passenger" problem that has caused the UR crashes in LBM is listed as fixed which is good, yet I played that second service in the journey which caused the problem in the first place yesterday and it completed without the crash which is interesting since it had done so a few times before. Did it actually come out earlier?

2. TRB5991

TRB5991 New Member

I did BML the other night when Matt said the Platform 3 passenger issue had been fixed with the Class 387, and it was. Been running fine over weekend. I now can't load the Class 387 at all, anywhere with this update today. On PC with the Steam version and no mods. Crashes to desktop whilst loading the route.

EDIT. Can't spawn on foot either. CTD's whilst the route is loading.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  3. Sharon E

Lovely, fix one break one. I have an appointment so can't test it now.

4. TRB5991

TRB5991 New Member

Ok I've just uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now it's fine, so I'm not sure, maybe something was missed / not updated properly in the download? I did email support with a copy of the UR crash I had before the install.

5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I think the update actually came out with the pre-release patch for Sherman Hill. I've been playing London Commuter all the past week without issues whereas pre-Sherman Hill patch, it would crash regularly when loading/unloading passengers. The notes weren't added to that previous update so I think they've just put the notes on this one to inform everyone.

6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I now get a crash every time I depart Victoria with a 387. Thanks DTG.

7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the first time that it doesn't update properly. If something doesn't work after a patch I always try the "Verify files" option from Steam to make sure everything is fine.

I tried starting a service with the 387 and I could load it OK and I could get it moving for a few miles. Unfortunately I haven't got time to run the full service right now to test it 100%.

8. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Try to "verify files" with Steam, just in case...

9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Still no fix for the broken collectables - Perhaps can DTG give us an update on this

• Like Like x 1
  10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think we can guess what it'll be:
    "We're aware and working on it"

11. Jannerdunk

Its just strange that they have sorted the Sherman Hill ones out within a few days of release, yet there has been various LBM updates and the issues on that route has not been sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Some bugs are harder to fix than others. OOM errors are some of the hardest.

13. Sharon E

Went into Steam and the update was waiting so forced the download then verified files and no issues noted, now to see what happens.

14. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

did they delete 2 achievements ? if i am not mistaken the count was at 397 total and now it is at 395

15. Sharon E

OK, after getting the update and doing a good verify, I just had the UE crash when trying to do a walk. It actually opened but as soon as I moved the mouse to get oriented it did the crash. Went back and ran a 377 service and as I was coming into Chappham Junction it again crashed to the desktop with UE dialogue box. Did a check and it is the same report from the crash attempting to do a walk. Since we already know that the 387 crashes, can say that at this point LBM is unplayable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just a thought, Sharon- do you have any mods for BML installed? I have had this happen on other routes, where an update suddenly conflicted with a mod which had run fine up until then.

17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Its no consolaltion to you I know Sharon E , but Ive just ran a 187 & 177 service on BML with no crashes. So its not a global issue, if you have any mods as Solicitr says try removing these and see if that helps. If it doesnt (or you dont have any) have you tried a full uninstall of the DLC and then reinstall and see if that helps at all?

18. Sharon E

No, all mods were removed over this past weekend secondary to the SH frame rate issues and now only default ini files installed. I am hoping that I can get a solution to this without having to resort to a full reinstall of the programme.

19. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Are all your drivers up to date?

I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just trying to help fathom out why you are getting crashes when others are not.

20. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Verifying the game files should solve the problem, if not, reinstalling is your only tool here.

21. Sharon E

Game file have been verified and all the drivers are as up to date as can be. I have run other routes without problem, it is just LBM for some reason. Another individual earlier in this stream said he did the reinstall to solve it so guess will try that. I like running LBM so want it. I have some weird things on this machine, as well as my last one. I can't run TS. Just to amplify on this, once I open setting in TS it won't run anymore and the only way I got it back one time was to totally uninstall all of DTG as well as steam and go in a wipe any residual files of everything and start the install all over with Steam first. Got it back running then, like a dope, opened setting to move the resolution up and bingo folk it won't run again.

22. Jannerdunk

Can anyone confirm whether Sherman was actually updated on Steam as the collectables are still broken?

23. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Not yet I am trying to get those snow fences to see if they are obtainable.

24. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Still not fixed, I stopped at all three and wanted to collect them.

25. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I can confirm today's patch did not fix the issue.

26. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the AWS audio issue is fixed?

27. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Sharon E As you are having such particular problems, it might be worth contacting Customer Support and they may be able to walk you through some steps to find out why you are affected.

Michael Newbury Could you please let me know what collectibles are still unachievable please?

28. Jannerdunk

DTG Natster - Re the collectables, I have created a separate thread in the technical section which has a link to the steam game guide for the route which shows which collectables are broken. These were NOT fixed by yesterdays update.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Sharon E

Thanks Nat, but I now have it sorted and my thread in the Technical area gives what I did.

• Like Like x 1