Train Sim World 2 - Making The Db Br 612 Dmu

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 1, 2021.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 45
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, this looks so good :o and Maik being involved in the important bits makes me really excited for this unit :)

• Like Like x 21
  3. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Cant wait to Play the Route.

Since it's still in Produktion on the Roadmap, I think the release won't be until early January.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Nice DMU And for Tilting its a perfect Train after The ICE T With Tilting hope we see more train with that. Butt its Cool with the Kinderspielecke A nice little detail most of our trains Have the Place like ICEs And RE Trains. And my Question is With titling can we drive 25% Faster in Curves like in Real life

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbobberdd

Would it be possible to have a Livery without the "Franken-Sachsen Express" lettering, for any Layers that might come up someday.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cramnor

But then we got the first article now, so it's gonna be a close call xD

• Like Like x 5
  7. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

oh deff this year, maybe already in 2-3 weeks since we already have an first article. Its totally not far away anymore!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. tibomatthijs

DMU*, and indeed hopefully they will add the ICE-T since it also tilts and would be perfect on DRA!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I had a sneaking suspicion that Maik Goltz is involved in the 612. Great news! :D
    Sounds very promising! I'm sure TSG will deliver excellent work once more.

This may just be me, but I love the new coupler covers. You see them all the time in real life and it's good to get them in TSW as well.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. bobbobberdd

I would also prefer to Play the Route before Christmas. But I don't think anyone will Work at DTG during the Holidays. So when the Route is released shortly before the Holidays, nobody is there to fix the Bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

It’s a dmu

• Like Like x 1
  12. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Looking forward to this one!! :love:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

In my opinion it will release about two or three days before winter brake for DTG. The Steam stats are out, and normally it took about 2-3 weeks after that. I guess in two weeks it will be in “next arrival”, and it will be started to get tested in about one week- but that is just a guess :D

14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Definitely purchasing this the second it's available. I can't wait, finally tilting trains are a thing in TSW, and thankfully the first tilting train is not another Class 150 diesel ""hydraulic""

GNT is also implemented as well as service-correct speed limits, seems like no corners have been cut this time. Good.

• Like Like x 2
  15. tibomatthijs

Think like this, probably next week a article, then the week after that relase date and then the 23th December release. Or maybe week ealier, we we'll know when we get date ofc, but if deff releases this year

• Like Like x 4
  16. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Looks great, an Maiks involvement on both sounds and physics is promising! Hope this comes out before my christmas break :).

• Like Like x 7
  17. Coastway trainspotter

This looks good , I will get it if I have enough money

18. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

Fixt it✌

19. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

What a great article and really appreciate how in depth it went and how genuine the people are who create stuff, thanks for sharing! Absolutely can’t wait!

• Like Like x 2
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Maik: "My involvement in the audio work means recording brand new sounds from a real DB 612, then editing it, before implementing the best mix into the build"

YES!!!! Judging by the G6, Maik is outstanding at this work.

• Like Like x 8
  21. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This sounds really cool. Definite buy from me.

With the tilting processes now in place, hope we'll see an Acela Express DLC and of course ICE-T.

Between Sherman Hill, G6, and this, it's a strong close to the year for TSW2!

• Like Like x 9
  22. solicitr

Well, I'm pretty sure it won't release until early 2022. DTG route releases are generally spaced at two-month intervals (summer bundles being the exception).

23. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I love it :love:

This route has all the ingredients to be spectacular and any material that comes out that Maik has been involved in is a day one buy for me.

We don't know how long they've been working on this project or where they are in their development. And although I would also like to be able to enjoy it at Christmas as it would be a great gift, I don't mind waiting as long as it takes for it to be released in good condition and with the best guarantees.

• Like Like x 6
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Very detailed and one more thing is missing in real life these units would have a Bahnland Bayern sticker below the driver cab side windows. Because it uses the old Border Station of Gutenfurst East Germany DDR West Germany BRD Hof

25. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Also, another note, I love the dynamic coupling covers, that's a really nice touch. Makes me look forward to playing this even more! :)

• Like Like x 6
  26. driverwoods#1787

As a matter of fact if your suggested route Nürnberg Bayreuth gets made this DB BR612 is the base model.

27. Cramnor

It would be awesome if they were interactive as well, so we could open and close them :D

• Like Like x 1
  28. solicitr

Why would trains belonging to Regio Südost have Bahnland Bayern stickers? That's a marketing campaign used by the regional TOCs contracted/subsidized by the Freistaat, which includes DB Regio Bayern but not any other of the DB Regio entities.

Fun fact: locally the 612 is nicknamed the Wackel-Dackel ("wobbling Dachshund")

• Like Like x 6
  29. driverwoods#1787

My thinking was this was that the DB BR612s used on Tharandter Rampe Dresden Karl Marx Stadt (Chemnitz) was based at Hof in Bavaria therefore it has a Bayern sticker.

30. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

It is simply Chemnitz. This is not set before 1995.
    No need to keep reminding us every time it comes up.

• Like Like x 5
  31. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I like this write-up very well. The route has a length similar to Brighton Main Line with 80 kilometres. One bittersweet info: the route must play in the past because the Franken-Sachsen-Express does not operate since 2014. Furthermore, the Diesel section between Reichenbach and Hof was electrified and there are no 612 operating from Dresden to Hof via Chemnitz and Zwickau anymore.

Nowadays, the section Hof to Nuremberg is still only Diesel-powered. Therefore, you need to change in Hof. A no-change connection (like with the Franken-Sachsen-Express) is only possible again once the entire route has been electrified.

As this route plays in a different era, only the S-Bahn traffic on line S3 could be layered onto the Nahverkehr Dresden route. But that I would very much appreciate. Vice versa the other S-Bahn lines should be layered onto this route to make Dresden feel more alive.

32. solicitr

Actually it's more complicated than that. The Sachsen-Franken-Express is an Interregio-Express, but uniquely is not funded by any SPNV, but by DB Fernverkehr (which also owns the Hof depot, in conjunction with Railion). Weird, huh? This does however explain how 612s were available to DBFV to sub in for ICE-TDs when they were withdrawn. At any rate, again it wouldn't use the BB stickers.

• Like Like x 3
  33. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

That was correct but is no longer based on my information[0]. That IRE (via Bayreuth) was ended in 2014 and replaced with a local train offer ordered by Bavaria and Saxony.

[0]: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachsen-Franken-Magistrale#Heutige_Situation

34. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will the 8° tilting also effect the speed on other routes like Main Spessart Bahn or the Hagen- Siegen Route, because there the tilting would be a good use to get faster from A to B, and what about Bahnstrecke Riesa Dresden, there is also a 120 km/h section, how will the speed for the train be there?

35. driverwoods#1787

Good point and it should make the Route busy by giving it Rush Hour. On the Chemnitz side AI Traffic to Riesa should be added. In the future the entire Riesa Chemnitz route

36. Cramnor

Hopefully the tilting will work there as well, but since the routes are not prepared for the safety system GNT (needed for higher speeds) neither in real life nor in-game probably, you will likely not be able to drive faster, just more angled :D

• Like Like x 1
  37. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The answer depends on wether you talk about RL theorical or actual, and TSW.

Theoretically tilting trains increase speed on every single curve in the world.

Actually new "formal" speed limits need to be put in place on the route you need, also the tracks (as well as trains) need to be equipped with a different safety system able to differentiate tilting vs conventional, in older systems you may get away by not changing anything, in case the safety systems only cares about signal aspects instead of enforcing a certain speed limit. In other cases (like this for example), a different safety system (GNT) works in conjunction with normal PZB (overriding PZB where necessary) to enforce a higher speed.

Modern safety systems can usually handle with this without any extensive modification, for example ACSES and ATC can differentiate and enforce different speeds for Acela, NE Regional, slower pax and Freight using the exact same track-side and train side infrastructure since the differentiation is software-based.

So to answer your question, no, you won't be able to go faster because it lacks the needed "formalities" and infrastructure to support tilting trains, and this model likely applies to TSW as well, with the given difference that in TSW you could calculate your own speed limits (max track speed + 20%) and pretend it works and it's fine, IRL you can't

• Like Like x 2
  38. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

GST has a non GNT fallback level and tilts then with a max angle of 2°. But only when the forces are to high. That will not happen in TSW yet. If you go faste without GNT enabled, it tilts to the 2° not to 8° as with GNT enabled. GST is bound to GNT very tight.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  39. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Interesting, so the train won't tilt to 8° if it's not under GNT?

I wonder why, does tilting put more strain on the tracks? IIRC the Pendolinos and the APT tilt regardless of the safety systems or where they are, however tilt might be manually disabled if they happen to go where they are not supposed to.

40. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Although he (TSG) has only released one dlc for TSW, the DB101 (and possibly more as a contractor) I couldn’t agree more. Two things I can suggest is the reason. 1. He has a presence on the forums and communicates with the community, as a developer but also as one of us. He seems realistic and also seems to want to create great content for TSW. 2. He delivered on the DB101 in almost every way. Not only the locomotive but also delivered some of the best passenger cars in the game, he really seems to want to not just meet our expectations but to exceed what we have expected out of DLC which is exactly what I was hoping would come from 3rd party developers, to improve TSW as a whole.

• Like Like x 7
  41. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I think first the GNT has to be on the route and the Eurobalisen too

• Like Like x 1
  42. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Active Member

Damn, i really cant wait to drive this one. Been riding on it in the past. And really glad that Maik is also involved on this one. That means its gonna be a great train

• Like Like x 2
  43. solicitr

Correct: but the very fact of the 612 sets this route before 2014. The route was electrified at that time and the DMUs taken off it.

44. solicitr

IIRC, the Ruhr-Sieg line used to have (or still has) ICE-Ts on it, which would imply the installation of GNT.

45. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

Quite interesting article, with a set of new features. Thanks to Mike and Tom sharing with us such details.
    But me guess, unfortunately, when we get such a train with a new module and a variety of new functionalities, we won`t see a new Dosto Cab probably.

• Like Like x 1
  46. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Let's hope!

47. Coastway trainspotter

It probably won’t be out until mid-January tbh , it’s not long until DTG’s Christmas break

48. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

we won’t, that has already been mentioned

49. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

It's lovely to see (basically for the first time i guess) that the community seems to have the same opinion about one thing: That TSG does great content. I haven't read even one negative comment on that topic. So kudos, other 3rd parties do struggle a little more yet. :D

• Like Like x 5
  50. bobbobberdd

Then let's Hope that doesn't change Tomorrow :D

Edit: It was meant to be a joke