Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by erg73, Dec 1, 2021.

1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Lately the game startup has been asking me too often for my credentials to log into Dovetail Live, to the point of being really annoying. After the Rush Hour update and the ps5 version it has gone from bad to worse. It started out asking me once a week and now it does it almost daily.
    This is in stark contrast to my old ps4 version because after the release of TSW 2 in August 2020 I only had to log in once! I mean it always logged me in automatically for a year which I thought was fantastic compared to TSW 2020.

I'd like to know if it's just me because I haven't seen many complaints about it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I play TSW1 on PS4 and have to do password all the time though I don’t play it often. Never have to do that on TSW2 on PS4.

3. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I’ve never bothered to log in to Dovetail Live… tell me I’m missing something worthwhile - apart from frustration from having to log in frequently :)

4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I basically use it to upload screenshots because I take a lot of them. I also use it to keep the Mastery challenges active. But yes, you can definitely live without it :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

I had this problem in TSW(1) but I am very glad that this does not appear anymore.
    At that time I just lived with it, because I didn't knew any workaround.

6. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

I also have to login regularly… very annoying. Is it really that hard to save the login credentials?

7. StefanVXR8

StefanVXR8 New Member

Yep, another voice to this issue, please can we get it fixed, it's annoying! :)

8. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I never need to login on PS4. But Dovetail Live does not work for me it does not register my progression. Maybe good it does not work for me. A nuisance less :D

9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The issue certainly exists. There’s a record keeping thread in the technical forum for it. I also get the issue quite a lot and it’s hyper annoying when you’ve only got a controller to fill in the details.
    As others have said before rush hour there was no issue.
    some have suggested there are changes happening on dovetail lives code that resets a log in. Although tbh there’s nothing for us end users can see to know why.

10. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

After a couple of updates back I had to log in for two or three days. Then it went back to normal thank goodness. I know it is annoying as I had it on PS4 for a week or two over the year of playing TSW2 on it. That just sorted itself out somehow as well.