Train Sim World 2 - Making The Db Br 612 Dmu

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 1, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Have you seen the preview? In taking an educated guess, i say nothing will change tomorrow. At least not towards the negative :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Good on you for reminding me that the G6 comes out tomorrow! Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  3. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

My only concern from the G6 stream was that it seemed like it was a bug that pressing SIFA acknowledge turned off the cruise control. However, it may have been user error, and it's certainly not a deal breaker by any means.

4. Alexander L.

Alexander L. Active Member

The thing is: It portraits a unit based in Hof. The "Franken-Sachsen-Express" sticker was generally seen on those Hof units which were painted in IC colours and were renumbered. Of course there's an "exception to the rule": 612 021/521 for example, a unit most of its time based in Dresden until 2014, had this same FSX sticker. Also, units based in Dresden and Leipzig didn't have a "Kinderspielecke".
    Another indication for this claim is of course: What's written on the side of the vehicle? When you zoom in on the first picture you can make out two lines for its station where it's based. It perfectly fits the shape and form of "DB Regio Bayern, Hof". Additionally, Dresden and Leipzig as station base where given with three lines (DB Regio AG, Region Südost, Dresden/Leipzig).

5. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will the passenger reading lights (Leselicht) also be included to be functional? Because in one image there were those reading lights and it would be cool, if you could also use it, but I don't know how much work it is, also how much work it is to make it, so that the passenger window can also open

6. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Will it tilt in off the rails mode? that would be fun to try on some other routes

• Like Like x 1
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

there are no IC or ICE

8. sugondese

sugondese Member

No way! The BR class 47384!!!

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, but those two lines could equally well read "DB Fernverkehr Hof." The FSE was, oddly, funded by DB FV, not by any of the Regios. It seems to have been a unique situation, prompted apparently by the discontinuation of the IC Dresden-Nürnberg service; and it carried that name before the use of 612s in white livery to replace the ICE-TDs.

10. solicitr

My bad; it's the RRO (Hagen-Wuppertal) line which sees multiple ICE services, including ICE-T's (on ICE 31 and 91)

11. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Next year there are IC 2 services. Its the line 34

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  12. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  13. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Wow DTG makes routes quickly, and i'm happy to see Maik got involved in the BR612 building. I love the extra detail like the family compartment and the coupler cover! I wonder if the right Dosto is included this time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Quickly no, they started working on the BR 612 (tilting etc) already a year ago. The routes +-7 months ago but since the roadmap works like this; once its in 'in production' it should release within the 3 months. Thats why it looks fast but its not

• Like Like x 3
  15. Alexander L.

Alexander L. Active Member

Why should it read Fernverkehr on a traffic red unit? Yes, they had Fernverkehr as TOC when they where replacing ICE-TDs, but they got reassigned to Regio in 2005.
    Yes, the IRE (marketed as FSE) was funded by DB FV, but the FSE name was introduced at the end of 2006. There is one article stating the units used their were Regio ones.
    Both articles are in German:
    https://docplayer.org/57121965-Februar-2-2007-deutschland-7-40-b-7539-e-issn-x.html (Page 25)
    https://signalarchiv.de/Meldungen/10000345

16. solicitr

The Interregio-Express trains were (are) Verkehrsrot. White is just for IC and ICE. The FSE was run by DBFV, perhaps uniquely, but there you are.

However, this is telling: "´Wir freuen uns, dass der FSX so gut bei den Kunden ankommt. An dieser Stelle bedanke ich mich auch bei allen Partnern für die gute Zusammenarbeit. In Zeiten von hohen Spritpreisen und Klimadiskussionen schaffen wir gemeinsam ein preisgünstiges, hochwertiges und damit attraktives Angebot auf der Franken-Sachsen-Magistrale‘, so Berthold Huber, Vorsitzender der Regionalleitung von Regio Bayern.“"

Which implies that DB Regio Bayern is/was involved in this rather unusual operation, and conceivably was the ultimate owner of the 612s. I'm pretty certain their depot was at Hof- but that doesn't help much, since that is a joint FV/RBay/Railion facility.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Pendo's have to be authorised to tilt by TASS, otherwise, it's disabled. There are parts of the WCML where tilt is disabled as there's no TASS/Eurobalise fitted, such as, between Crewe and Manchester.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I have looked up the further route to Nuremberg. Possible sections for TSW2: Chemnitz - Reichenbach (70 km), Reichenbach - Hof (75 km), Hof - Oberkotzau - Marktredwitz - Kirchenlaibach (72 km, connecting the routes Hof-Bamberg, Weiden-Oberkotzau, and Nuremberg-Chem), Kirchenlaibach - Nuremberg (93 km). The last two sections are only Diesel even today.

Alternatively, the route could be continued via Bamberg. That would allow these sections: Hof - Kulmbach (66 km), Kulmbach - Bamberg (61 km), Bamberg - Nuremberg (62km direct line, additional km with S-bahn parallel tracks in proximity to Nuremberg).

• Like Like x 2
  19. solicitr

As I understand it, the FSE alternates routes, one train running via Bayreuth and the next via Marktredwitz.

20. drnicktgm#1259

It would be cool if we would get the EBuLa Fahrplan for the train, so that we can see, when we can go faster than the original speed, or will the signs show, when the tilting trains can go their faster speed?

• Like Like x 5
  21. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

No, you will only have this information in your timetable (or EBuLa). Going to be interesting to see how DTG is going to implement this. I reckon you will see it only on the HUD…

• Like Like x 4
  22. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

DTG could take us by surprise and implement a functional EBuLa :D
    In all seriousness though, I‘m curious as well. HUD-only would be my guess as well. We‘ll probably have to do our own Fahrpläne for HUD-less driving.

• Like Like x 6
  23. OpenMinded

That would be very surprising, indeed! But never say never… never stop dreaming…

But as you say, I am sure the community will come up with an alternative!

• Like Like x 2
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So it's like here, the track-side speed limits for conventional traffic, Ebula/Buchfahrplan for the tilting speed limits?

25. OpenMinded

Yes, this is how it works. Speeds in your timetable are always taking priority over track site speed signs. Signalled speed limits are taking priority over everything else, as long as the indicated speed is slower.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. drnicktgm#1259

I hope, that we would get in the future a complete non electrified route, because it's kind of weird to drive a dmu train at an electrified área

• Like Like x 2
  27. 2martens

I've got happy news: that doesn't need a layer as it already happens in Nahverkehr Dresden. I just didn't notice it before because those AI only trains apparently do not appear on the PIS boards and the S3 only operates once an hour even during rush hour.

There are also an RE 3 to Hof and an RB 30 to Zwickau but they use rolling stock that isn't available in TSW 2 yet (and won't be with the Dresden-Chemnitz route). The RB 31 in reality does continue to Dresden Hbf but via Dresden-Friedrichstadt. For this, they would have needed to add the parallel running line from Coswig to Dresden (about 10 km). The actual usage would have been for freight as Dresden-Friedrichstadt is the main freight station of the city and used to change locos for international freight trains heading into or coming from Czech territory.

Update:
    I actually discovered today that the S3 does appear on PIS but hardly noticeable since it lacks a from/to station. The RB31 actually does stop as AI only in Dresden and comes from and goes to the correct place. Same issue though: no origin/destination visible on the PIS, just the line name and time. In Großenhain the RB31 comes correctly from Elsterwerda. Will have to check if instances of the RB 31 that continue there, are also taking the correct path to Elsterwerda in game (and stop on the left platform in Großenhain, the only one connected to the Dresden-Berlin route).

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

With no preview stream for next week, I think the chnaces of seeing it before christmas are quite slim. Still doesn't make sense to start releasing articles this early then either.

29. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Just means it'll be the 23rd instead of the 16th as a release date probably ;) but then if it needs more time and is only released next year, that's also perfectly fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. jolojonasgames

I do think the 23rd might be a little close to their holidays, meaning the usual week-after patch we see won't be possible. It is still possible though, keeping my fingers crossed :).

• Like Like x 2
  31. solicitr

Folks, DTG has been very consistent in releasing a new route every two months, aside from the triple releases every summer. If Sherman Hill is coming out in early December, then Chemnitz will be in February.

32. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Sherman hill was November ;)

33. solicitr

The very end of.

• Like Like x 1
  34. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I am definitely thinking buy the missus flowers, so this can be a Day 1 purchase!

• Like Like x 2
  35. drnicktgm#1259

This dmu will be fun, I think, that we will get a scenario, where we have to fill up the train with diesel, because in an image you can see, that these 2 red circles where the diesel needs to go in, can be used

• Like Like x 1
  36. Lime

Lime Member

I think Sherman Hill was originally planned to come out earlier and was then delayed due to problems with recording sounds for the locos, so the gap might be shorter than 2 months.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/request-for-help-sd70ace.47522/

37. jolojonasgames

Yeah but they've been also very consistent on not entering data into SteamDB and not releasing articles or screenshots until release is just a few weeks away :). There really is no way to tell when it will come until we have a release date.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Is there a non electrified branch line planned for this rollingstock? Because that is the point of the DMU isn't it? To go into non-electrified territory.... I hope so... because there are some interesting routes, single track.... and probably a bit slower.... I remember one off the Munich Augsburg line....

39. 2martens

This particular rolling stock could be used correctly between Nuremberg and Hof, which is still only Diesel-powered.

• Like Like x 3
  40. solicitr

The problem with launching TSW's first German road diesel on a wireless line is that it would be the only train there; everything else in the game is electric and thus would be precluded. DTG were rather clever in finding an electrified line over which diesels also ran, even if they had to look back a few years for it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  41. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I hope they add a BR 612 layer to the existing unelectrified branch in Main Spessart Bahn. The branch from Aschaffenburg main station to the harbor includes two completely unused stations. These stations are completely finished, including AI passengers and Scenario Planner integration (although Aschaffenburg Süd only has one selectable platform in Scenario Planner, something that could easily be fixed). A different train than the 612 runs there in real life, but it’s still close enough. Right now, you only drive by the stations a few times during shunting loco DLC services/scenarios and you’re never able to stop there with any train. Now that we have a German DMU in the game, it’s time to integrate these stations into the timetable.

You can find my thread on the unused stations here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-stations-aschaffenburg-hochschule-süd.38458/

• Like Like x 3
  42. drnicktgm#1259

But would it be unrealistic if a train would run there, that usually don't run there, but correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't live there

43. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It would not be 100% realistic, but some creative liberty should be allowed if it in return allows us enjoy a facet of the route which was previously hidden from most players. There are lots of slightly unrealistic things in the game. For example: German S-Bahn train layers on many routes aren’t completely accurate (wrong train types, livery, interior), a very unique and very short train configuration on Ruhr-Sieg Nord has been recreated with other rolling stock because the real one isn’t in the game, the long distance Amtrak train that visits Boston in the evening looks nothing like in real life. And no one complains about these things because they add services and broaden the range of the timetable. This would be a win for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  44. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Railtour!?

45. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

Like every ICE3 service on HMA? In 2020 where HMA is set there are two ICE 3 per day. Night ICE3 from Dortmund to Munich and from Munich to Dortmund . The rest are ICE4 Munich-Stuttgart-Dortmund-(Hamburg), Munich-Stuttgart-Frankfurt-Erfurt-Berlin-(Hamburg), Velaros (Br407), and ICE T (Br411) via Treuchtlingen to Nürnberg-Hannover/Leipzig

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  46. solicitr

Or the 422 Köln S-Bahn services

• Like Like x 2
  47. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

That maybe was the intended plan, but in reality they made up a considerable amount of services. Due to the connections to Dortmund being set via the Köln - Frankfurt High Speed Line only ICE3 and 407s were used for them because of the gradients. I did some trainspotting over the year on the Stuttgart part of the line and throughout the year about 50% of the ICE services were 403s. Although this decreased a bit last year but since the ICE4s top speed is not designed for the High Speed line 403 and 407 are a very common sight :)

Edit: sometimes the Berlin bound trains still are served by a 401 instead of the ICE 4. Still a pleasure to see them :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. Lime

Lime Member

Actually, the ICE4 does run on the Köln-Frankfurt High Speed Line since 2018.

49. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

What you mean is the Line 41 Munich-Nürnberg-Frankfurt-Essen. On the other route from Munich they use the ICE 4 since the opening of the VDE, because they need the ICE 3 for the "Sprinter" Munich-Berlin 3:55h.
    What you mean is the line from Basel SBB to Cologne. This line is ICE 3 only and the trains that starts in Stuttgart to Cologne/Dortmund are 407.

50. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

My sightings were at the Augsburg - Stuttgart of HMA, about 50 km further down the line from Augsburg.
    Besides of ICE 2 and T you can easily spot each type of ICE there on their duty towards Dortmund or Berlin. Sometimes even 401, 403, 407 and 412 in that order during the middle of the day sometimes up until today.. even if that's not the intended running plan :)