Speedometer On The Hud Improvement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stujoy, Nov 30, 2021.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Let’s talk about the speedometer dial on the HUD again. I suggest a couple of improvements as there are two major issues with it as it stands.

Can we please have the major divisions in multiples of 10 please. Do an image search of speedometers or look at the ones modelled in the actual trains. Practically every single speedometer in existence (apart from ones that only go up to slow speeds) has the major divisions at 10 or 20 but not the speedometer in the TSW HUD. That has divisions in 15 or 7.5 or whatever random division shows up.

Can we also have the speedometer go up to the same speed as the one in the train as well. Two recent examples of the HUD speedometer not going up high enough are the Class 465 and the new SD70 which both go to 75 mph despite the real speedometers going beyond this. There’s a reason speedometers go beyond the top speed a vehicle is designed for. It’s quite an issue when you can’t see if you are just overspeeding on the dial.

That second issue seems to be fairly new but the divisions thing has bugged me right from the start of TSW2. I seem to remember pointing it out at the time and wondering how it even became to be designed that way. It’s just wrong as it is.

Be a dear, DTG and update it next time you have a minute to spare.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Completely agree on your points. I brought this up a while back but nothing changed, it is good to raise these points again! No need to re-invent the wheel, just use the same division and range the speedometer on the train has!

• Like Like x 1
  3. sugondese

sugondese Member