PC Stop At Meißen Not Detected If Stopping Before Marker

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by 2martens, Dec 1, 2021.

1. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

I have an annoying problem on S1 runs to/from Meißen-Triebischtal. When I stop the train before driving over the stop marker, the stop at the station is not detected. Only if the front of the train is exactly on it or has passed the marker, the stop is actually acknowledged and passenger boarding begins. All other stations seem to be unaffected. I noticed this during the first two S1 runs in the journey mode.

Please investigate this station and verify that it is configured equally to the rest of the stations on Nahverkehr Dresden.

2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

This is a known issue and Matt said on an early stream after the branch was announced it was done like this to forestall other issues.

3. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

In that case, it would be very interesting to hear what those other issues are. You don't have by chance the link to the specific stream in which this was mentioned?

I found the exact place:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8rMQ1nx18c&t=3199s
    If I understand Matt correctly, he intends to look into the problem that caused AI trains stopping in the middle of the platform. The quick fix before release was to use exact stops which fixed AI trains but also means players have to stop exactly on or after the markers on Meißen branch.

In the most recent roadmap stream, Adam mentioned a similar problem which had to do with AI trains not finding stop markers for their train length. In case they don't find a marker for their length, they stop in the middle of the platform. Potentially, this is the same issue on the Meißen branch and could be fixed in the same way.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021