East Coast Mainline Release Date.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Dec 1, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Now that we’ve had the announcement of the new German and US passenger routes I’m curious when KGX to PBO will move from “if it’s not on the roadmap” to its in production. We must be close :D

• Like Like x 4
  2. B3N

B3N Active Member

Even if it does get added to the roadmap, it will be a very long time until a release date

3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’m not sure, Sherman Hill went on the roadmap not so long ago and was released last week. As for “if it’s not on the road map we’re not working on it” line they spout now and again. That’s a lie, everyday of the week and twice on a Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Soon, soon. :D

5. jamster47

jamster47 Well-Known Member

Is this route a ‘possible’ next release for UK then or just speculation/Hope?

Would be very pleased to see this one

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Ditto. I’m sure if this was in R&D with a release only a few months off, something would have been said.

7. chieflongshin

It's nothing more than a lame attempt at my part to subliminally keep raising the suggestion and agreement towards it. Sorry folks, "its not on the...." God damnit, that slogans ingrained in me.... ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You can blame the community wolfpack for that. If it's on the roadmap people expect it to be released by the next time they get paid else they get upset... Just look at how people on this forum reacted everytime a roadmap was released and the 313 wasn't in "upcoming"

• Like Like x 5
  9. jamster47

jamster47 Well-Known Member

Any news on a UK route would be welcome. Even if it’s ages away. Fingers crossed for news before Christmas. Be nice to have something to look forward to next year. Ever hopeful for c2c/LTS

10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It's literally the definition of biting the hand that feeds you, because we're now back to where we were before the roadmap, just that things are announced a few months in advance, rather than a few weeks.

Look at the Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr preview stream (or basically any TSW stream before TSW2's announcement), and the amount of times Matt responded to a 'when are you doing x?' question with "there's nothing to talk about" - "It's not on the roadmap" is now a rewording of "Nothing to talk about", and the roadmap is now effectively useless - exacerbated by the fact Sherman Hill went on under "in planning" when it was actually just 2 months from launch and Horseshoe Curve wasn't far behind.

Matt said that one of the great things about the roadmap is if you see your local line inplanning, you could get in touch and offer help and advice on the research front - how can I now trust that a map "in planning" isn't in latter stages of production, where my input would be useless?
    </rant>

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think you're right, and it's the people who have no patience (or tact) that spoil it for everyone else in that regards.
    Not that DTG help themselves with announcements such as the railfan one in March where they basically announced everything between then and now...

• Like Like x 2
  12. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Surely there are more important routes than this one…

(Walks off whistling jauntily)

13. chieflongshin

Look how often Steam gets asked about, that's not a last minute larry on the roadmap. Been known about for a while so I think they do put stuff on in good time.