Which Bundle To Buy? (newbie Question)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by YS72, Dec 1, 2021.

1. YS72

YS72 New Member

Hi there, complete newbie here wanting to get into this game - I’ve never played a train sim before. I’m just wondering which is the better bundle to buy on PS4: the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition, or the Collector’s Edition (includes the 3 Preserved Collection Routes).

I’m on base PS4 and have read on here about the various issues with Rush Hour. I live in London though, and definitely want to give that a try, if not now then later. Would really value any thoughts. Cheers :)

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The London Commuter BML route has the potential to be the best route on TSW2, but it's not there yet. I'd suggest getting the Rush Hour Deluxe Edition, but wait for a sale (I think one just finished) and you can pick it up for around £25. That'll give them a bit of time to roll out more fixes too so it's more likely to work properly when you play it.

Edit to add: The collectors edition routes are actually good too so you could get that and enjoy East Coastway until BML is more reliable. Peninsula Corridor is also good, particularly if you add the switcher and Baby Bullet for more variety. HRR is ok and gives you the option of getting the DB BR 101 which is one of the best made trains in the game.

Of the other Rush Hour routes, Dresden is visually well done and has lots to do with plenty of traffic layering in from other routes. Boston is a bit meh and can be really slow going at times.

If you're London-centric, you'll probably enjoy BML, East Coastway (there's a 313 add-on, but it's currently trophyless) and South Eastern High Speed which again has a good mix if you pick up the 465 add-on.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  3. niko558

niko558 Member

If you get Rush Hour it’s still work in progress but has lot’s of potential but has issues on PS4, I’ve had some good runs on BML but frame rates are anything between 18-30 fps. If they get BML optimised it could be the best DLC on TSW2
    I got the Collector’s Edition in August with plenty to do with no issues to get you into train sims which is a great place to start.

4. YS72

YS72 New Member

Thanks so much both, that’s really helpful :) I decided to get the Collector’s Edition for now based on what you’ve said, and then maybe pick up the London Rush Hour DLC later on. Just waiting for the download to complete; can’t wait!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello friend, I recommend that you buy a collection version of TSW 2020 and then TSW2 Rush Hour, because you will have a mix of old routes with new routes.