Does Sifa Normally Makes A Sound (br1442 Talent)?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobbsi1, Dec 2, 2021.

1. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

First of all, I'm not very good with german signalling and warning systems, because I mostly (nearly only) drive UK routes. If occassionally I want to drive others, I normally do not use any warning systems, because I have no clue about them.

In the DLC Rapid Transit, I saw the PS Trophy "RT: Safety First" where you have to acknowledge 500 SIFA alarms, so I activated only SIFA on the BR1442 Talent and tried it just for fun first time yesterday.
    The SIFA only becomes visible to me by the yellow exclamation mark in the HUD, there is no sound or other indicators on the train itself, that there is something going on. But I am able so acknowledge it by pressing circle and I can move on without any problems.
    I never have tried it on other german trains (not yet ready to do so, have to learn much about the german systems first, I'm not even able to run a train more than 1 km with PZB on...).

I would like to hear or see something on the train itself to get aware of an alarm.

What am i doing wrong or do I miss something?
    Does this maybe only work with PZB togehter?
    I have no idea, please help! :)

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I think you need to wait longer for an auditory alarm. The way SIFA works is that if you haven‘t pressed the SIFA button in 30 seconds, a visual alarm appears on the desk or MFD - usually a white or yellow indicator with SIFA written on it. This lasts for 2 seconds. If you still haven‘t acknowledged SIFA after these 2 seconds, an auditory alarm sounds in the cab - either a beep or a voice saying SIFA repeatedly. This lasts 2 seconds as well. After that, should you not have acknowledged SIFA, the penalty brake application follows.

Note that, contrary to what people seem to believe in a lot forum posts, you do not need to wait for these types of alarms since pressing the SIFA button always resets the timer. In other words, the 2 alarms do not mean Please acknowledge SIFA now, but rather You failed to acknowledge SIFA in the last 30 seconds, correct this immediately.

What I don‘t know is whether all of this is correctly simulated in the RT Talent 2. It‘s overall a rather badly done train just like RT overall since it was the first German route for TSW. However, with the information I have provided, you should be able to see for yourself if the RT Talent 2 works correctly :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Very, very helpful, thank you!
    Now I understand a little bit how this works, I mean I could drive the whole time, but never knew what was going on :D
    I will test this a bit more.

The RT route is okay to play I think, no bad handling or something like that, the train and the route is drivable. But I don't know much about german trains, so I can't really judge how it's done in the game compared to real life.

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Glad I could help, bobbsi1 :)

The trains themselves are not overtly bad. Since you also said this:
    I'd just like to offer the advice that if you should ever want to try to learn PZB, don't try on RT. PZB is where RT really falls apart with significant errors both in signalling and how PZB responds to it. That's mainly why I never use RT (apart from generally not being much into commuter trains).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Thanks again for the advice.
    By the way, I klicked your english PZB instructions and just thought "oh sh..., maybe later or never" :D
    I think I might be too casual for this and also more into UK trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello friend, on British trains I like to use all security systems turned on, but on German trains I like to only turn on the SIFA, which you just need to recognize from time to time, and the LZB for high-speed trains, because it controls the AFB (Cruise Control / Speed) automatically according to speed changes along the way. As for PZB I don't use it, I've tried it several times but I can't get along with it, definitely.