Us & German Only

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillipa#1949, Dec 1, 2021.

?
  1. YES there are far to many US & German routes & not enough selection of other routes from the UK

12.9%
  2. NO not bothered

87.1%
  1. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

So yet another route add-on is Announced & it happens to be Funnily enough a US route in line with two others one also Happens to a US the other Happens German.

This is coming increasingly Disturbing owing to the fact that that there is already a large volume of German & US readily Available to a point where the number of UK routes is shrinking rather rapidly to an all time low & what,s more could kill trains sim world to off because of the lack of diversity in there selection of routes in there selection. What do you think

2. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Personally I would like, as well as further UK routes, some routes which are from new countries. There are railways in most countries in the world, so to expand the range from the few already covered, would be awesome

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Jeez, knee jerk reaction much?

Right now there are 7 US routes (2 upcoming), 10 UK routes, (0 upcoming), 9 German Routes (1 upcoming) and 3 other routes not in those big 3.

But yes, the number of UK routes is shrinking so rapidly.....

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

US and German only? The UK has a lot of routes, much more than Canada does... More routes will come for the UK, in the future..

5. box215

box215 Active Member

wow did you really just make a post complaining that there arent enough routes from the region with the most routes?
    this forum literally never ceases to amaze me
    the last 3 routes released:

Sherman Hill (US)
    West Cornwall Local (UK)
    London Commuter (UK)

and the poll numbers back up that youre whining about nothing

this is right up there with those who complains about a bug, bash DTG, then later admit it was 100% user error and there actually isn't a bug
    mod should just close this because it's utter nonsense

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Lime

Lime Member

I have never understood why people complain about too many German routes. If we take a look at this year's (2021) release history, we will see:
    4 UK routes
    4 US routes
    2 German routes

• Like Like x 2
  7. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

US is much at the moment, and I am not interested in these routes, but I don't think, that the UK routes are abandoned, there are plenty available... IDK what you are complaining about.
    And what do you mean with shrinking? They are not less, even if they release 10 other routes, the amount stays the same?!
    Also there were more UK than German routes this year.
    So what really is your problem?

• Like Like x 5
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Your post is a Knee jerk reaction
    Your post isn't warranted (although some melt will disagree).
    I never bothered to vote.
    There are More UK routes than US.
    Im happy to see more US or German routes
    I would love to see some Dutch routes
    I suspect they have 3 seperate teams that work on English, German other country and US routes at the same time. What ever one is close to being finished gets released first regardless as to whether they have had a route released previous before the other countries routes.
    They are not going to sit on that route and wait until the next UK or German route is released.

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I think if you don't want American or German routes don't buy them, simple. As for UK routes shrinking, I have not heard that any UK routes are being removed.

• Like Like x 3
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Every time a German route comes out, a British route disappears. Every time a US route comes out a British route disappears. The shrinking collection of British routes is a huge problem. I used to have 25 British routes, all gobbled up by those pesky foreign routes being released. How very dare them. What are these routes anyway? Sugar Cane Creek, Sherbet Hill, Haribo Line, never heard of them. They sound sweet enough but leave a sour taste in the mouth when they don’t have Electrostars running on them. A route without an Electrostar? I simply won’t have it.

• Like Like x 16
  11. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Could you name one which disappeared? I mean you payed money for them...

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m afraid I can’t name one but I’m definitely sure it happened.

• Like Like x 5
  13. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Just, why?

Nevertheless, this is pathetic, if you can't even name one...
    I have all my DLC's I bought and never "lost" one, if that would happen, belive me, the forums and all social media would burn.

Edit: Maybe your're sarcastic, but that I'm afraid I realised too late.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

LOL.You must have a PS5. :)

Seriously though, I have only ever bought British routes and my only none British routes came with the base programs (TSW2020 and TSW2) but I understand that there are rail enthusiasts all over the world who need to be catered for.

Stujoy's tongue in cheek comment hits the mark because there is no shortage of British content and it is only fair that railway systems around the world are represented in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Once again another person is complaining about something which is perfectly fine, and the amount of UK routes is not "shrinking" infact the UK has the most routes out of all DLCs, just because a UK route hasn't been on the roadmap does not mean DTG won't make UK routes anymore. DTG is a UK based company after all. If you don't like US and German routes well tough because you'll keep seeing em' for as long as TSW2 stays active.

16. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  17. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

they are being sarcastic...

18. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Jeah, I get it, sorry.
    Gonna get me a nice cup of Tea now... :D

• Like Like x 7
  19. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

LOL

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m sure most people here get used to me eventually. Unfortunately, being on PS5, it’s the US routes that have mainly disappeared off my system to make room for UK routes, so the opposite of what I was saying. They will return one day next year when the PS5 limit is dealt with. My post above was just an excuse to call Sherman Hill “Sherbet Hill” which is what I’ve been calling it in my head since it was announced. I’m daft like that :D

Being serious though, the division of the big three countries is becoming more even now with the US routes, which were underrepresented, increasing in number. There’s still that issue with US routes whereby they are split into freight and passenger routes, so fans of one kind, especially passenger, get left behind. Fans of UK freight would have been disappointed with London Commuter as there were only two services, one being when nothing else is running on the line, but as a UK DLC that was a cracker and almost equal in value to two normal routes. There’s always some imbalance somewhere in the routes, like with the lack of German diesels, something which is slowly being rectified. Then there are the other countries, with either one or zero routes so far, so the big three aren’t doing so badly.

• Like Like x 4
  21. antony.henley

Its ok Stujoy I call Clinchfield "Clenchfield"
    I call some people on here erm ... well we will leave that there to be honest lol.
    I'm happy and actually looking forward to the US Routes as well as German ones. I am also looking forward to when they release Eastleigh - Poole (set in the mid 1980's or present day.... I have an active imagination (in before Alzheimer's finishes me off). I would love to see Dutch routes as well. Really surprised they haven't made an appearance!!

Oh Yes when I FINALLY get my room finished (nightmare). I am so going to run a 377 on the LIRR. Problem is what one..... probably all 3. Oh wait I have a PS5 and LIRR is currently off the machine. Oh well need to try it on the PS4 version.

Regards

Hentis

EDIT: Really 9 people voted that there were indeed too many US Routes over UK routes. Geez talk about the OP not doing their homework at least 8* other idiots didnt either!!! oh the humanity!!

*at the time of writing

This Post is sponsored by Skittles - "GO on go taste that Rainbow"

• Like Like x 2
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Then kindly use the American spelling " sherbert ", which is actually a different concoction from the British " sherbet ", because it contains milk and/ or cream and often egg white. :D

On a more serious note, I became very alarmed when the OP suggested that my UK routes were shrinking rapidly and that TSW might be killed off. So I opened up the game and ...thank goodness the routes are all still there, though the trains and stations do look a bit smaller than they used to. Is that what he meant?

• Like Like x 1
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Wow, that’s quite the difference. I had no idea that was a thing, I was indeed referring to the sugary powdery flavoured sugar powder (of which there are several types) we have. The US sherbert would be more appropriate in this instance.

• Like Like x 1
  24. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

About the "Country Track Wars",... be the force with you! ;)
    And I would like to say something:

- First I do not live on any of the 3 mentioned countries in this "war".
    - European and North American trains are quite different. But any of them it have interesting things.
    - NA ones are very big, mostly diesel, with lot of locomotives and freight cars, and some passenger trains (general speaking).
    So very interesting to me.
    - European are smaller in distance and size, usually much faster. (general speaking) Completely different designs and details. So very interesting for me too!
    - Now the internal European war: "UK vs Germany"....
    > Germany: they are usually much modern and more sophisticated - mainly considering the special signal and safety systems.
    >Uk: on TSW2 they are usually older ones, despite since some time there is happening a very important modernization and privatization trend. Despite I like much modern trains, I also liked the GWE and NTP routes and trains very much. Furthermore I purchased SHS too.

Despite DTG is a UK company (?)... they can release the routes they can have and get best access and information and believes are more interesting to drive and enjoy. Furthermore they also "listen" the community's desires. Proved with the routes already launched
    Of course as always on any business it is impossible to get everyone happy!
    Not forget about the pandemic which is a very important issue which affected everyone.

So peace and be patient please!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  25. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Sherbet also has other connotations ;):love:

Dare I say it, one reason not to buy a PS5 :cool: Certainly not until the mess of DLC size is cleared up.

Me I am quite happy with my PS4 base unit. it still works and I am being eco friendly, by not replacing it till it breaks :o:D

26. antony.henley

For me at the moment I can play the PS4 version of TSW2 as well as the PS5. I have 4tb external drive with loads of my ps4 games on them. Im still not overly convinced for the ps5 although finally hooking it up to my 4k tv it was like wow. The graphics look nice. Anyhow trying to keep this on topic now lol.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  27. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I am not fussed what routes they bring out as long as they "Work" as "We" the Customer expect it should. Not unreasonable I feel, but the track record for both DTG & Rivet is not good at the present time.

• Like Like x 1
  28. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

good thing we won ww2
    otherwise all the routes would be german am i rite guys

• Like Like x 1
  29. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member