User-def. Wheater Settings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

Somehow I can no longer cope with the weather settings. In the defined settings I miss the snow or blizzard. As soon as I am in the user-defined settings field (orange), I cannot change any of the controls.

So i set December but i cant regulate the snow level. How can I change these individual settings at all?

Thanks & Greetings

2. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I have the same issue so look forward to any answers you receive. It’s probably a bug…. another one!

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It is quite difficult to find out which slider setting you are on when scrolling through the ui.
    What I do is either count how many times I've moved up/down and/or just move one of the sliders so I know which one I'm currently on and can then adjust the correct ones using the counting method.

4. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the method I use to know which one to control.
    They are only 5, so it is not a big deal once you get used to it.
    It is not the best "user friendly" method DTG proposes there.
    May be they improve it on future updates

5. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

I raised it as a fault this reply was 28/10

These issues have previously been documented and flagged for review by the development team. We are unable to say when an issue will be resolved due to multiple contributing factors, but we would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us. Some issues may be rejected during the review process if the game is working as intended or the issue is beyond the scope of the game. The team will attempt to address the majority of issues submitted to us and will prioritise issues based on which route they are currently reviewing and how severely the issue effects gameplay. Community feedback is what drives our development, and your feedback will be used to better inform our future work.

6. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Not sure I like the way they have worded the reply! I know it is a general catch all reply but still something leaves a bad feeling.

It used to work well, but now I cannot move the sliders at times.

7. Railmaster

Which buttons can I use to set the bars? I can only switch into the settings box and no matter what I press, nothing changes. Maybe I'm just too stupid but intuitive is different.

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

When you're on the loco select screen for timetable, press up on the d-pad once. You will then be on the bottom setting for the weather adjust and you can use the right button on the d-pad to increase the setting. Each time you press up, you move up one bar on the weather sliders.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Railmaster

Awesome! It works! But its really weird. Thank you so much :D

10. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

That is why I provided the response. Are they saying that they don’t intend to fix it ?

11. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I agree it's really difficult to move a regulator if the weather condition field is activated and colored orange. The right stick from the controller has no real effect, only with the left stick and with the direction buttons from the control pad it is possible to move through the menu and to set some settings. There is clearly a need for improvement here, especially for console players!

...a tip from me: if you want to have snow, the degree of wetness regulator must be set to zero, otherwise the snow will melt away again within a few minutes.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And this is why dtg shouldn't change something that isn't broken. Not to mention when you do adjust the weather settings, you can hardly see the intensity of the snow or rain because the abandoned station blocks the view. Who really thought that was a good idea honestly?

Matt says that we will get used to it but this is was a unnecessary change and they should give us an option to go back to the older one which was better anyways

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1