Do Dtg Read The Technical Forum?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillip.good, Nov 30, 2021.

1. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Really I am not one to rant but tonight’s roadmap annoyed me.

the pixelation issue for PS5 has been an issue for a while now, in fact I know it caused a minor meltdown on the last livery competition thread. As an issue I have personally seen it raised on the technical forum at least 3 times and Matt has also mentioned on a stream. Basically, it’s not new so to be told to take pictures and post them is not helpful if I am honest.

secondly, the red light issues have been a bane on the technical forum since 4.26 went live so Adam ‘taking note’ of the ones on WSR as mentioned in the roadmap is daft. Have a look at the technical forum, I counted half a dozen ‘red light’ issues on the first page alone….

I guess I am just saying that if the technical forum was actually reviewed these issues would be known by now and not such an apparent surprise!

• Like Like x 4
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Fully agree. If they don’t read the technical sub forum then why on Earth do they have it?

3. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

No. People wanted to buy new DLC, but the DLC did not show up in the In-game Shop....This is the most ignorant behaviour i have ever seen. I know, one could buy from PS store as well, but it is reported and nothing happens.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey phillip.good the technical forum absolutely does get read, and everything posted in there get's documented and then reviewed by the team.

I can understand why it feels like we don't pay much attention in there as often you don't see replies or much discussion in that section. Unfortunately there are so many threads posted in a day we simply don't have time to respond to them all.

The PlayStation 5 pixilation error we are aware of. We initially thought is had been resolved but we understand the fix we pushed out didn't work for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

In terms of responding giving the op a helpful reaction only takes 10 seconds

6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Hey Nat, can we confirm then that all the broken scenarios that haven’t worked since 4.26 on past routes are being worked on? Scenarios on both Cathcart and Northern Trans-Pennine at the very least are broken, and have been mentioned here but update after update comes past and still nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So I have checked with Adam and the team, he can confirm that both Cathcart and NTP are being worked on, but there's currently no timeframe for when to expect these updated.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Erm have to say a project with no finish date! Never heard of that before, in all my years of software projects. Even if the goal posts can move.

I will just presume you do not want to mention what it is, in case it slips and you end up with loads more complaints.

9. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Not very uncommon in software developement to be honest (former ERP Consultant), I deem your post as unfair and over the top.
    Even the biggest studios and developers do it that way, so why should DT get into arguments about dates that maybe couldn't be made? We all know how that ends...

It's more frustrating for the customer to expect a release of something and then be disappointed if it is postponed. Better not to know and wait for a date that will be made or be suprised by a fix you haven't expected. Just marketing and psychology...
    Also the developers can change plans, maybe one problem can be fixed with another combined, but therefore "your" problem is not fixed in that patch and postponed again, that would make the customer mad ("but you said..."). Every company in the world tries to avoid this situation.

Better to handle it that way, to let us know they noticed something is wrong. They know their priorities and don't want to loose customers, and that's what we are.

• Like Like x 5
  10. borg#1850

Hello "Bobbsi1"

ERP Consultant not Unit4 / Agresso by chance.

Well personally speaking, that is why all of our projects where I work have run on and on as there is no official proper end date. Well actually even if there is an "End" date for Go Live, they then split it up into Phases, that then go partly Live, then carry on till the business creates workarounds, then the project is then called as finished! Much patting on backs and managers getting bonuses. 12 years later they are still using manual workarounds. Now they are doing it all over again. Oh but we did "lessons learnt" but then never do anything about them next time. One reason I will soon be leaving the industry for good.

Though I am hoping by then that TSW is working well and i can play more trains. Sorry if you feel my post is "Unfair" just had enough of worthless platitudes and "We are getting round to it", when in real life we have seen no fixes to older stuff that got broken. Even new stuff goes out with bugs which are glaringly obvious it would seem.

Just the way I feel "Personally"

• Like Like x 2
  11. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

No I was working for a distributor of Mesonic, but with development licence and stuff like that...

This was one of the reasons for me as well as working hours, to quit the whole IT thing after about only 6 years. I dealt with those problems too, but more with our customers who blocked or stopped in the middle of projects and were just illogical in their thinking... To deal with incompetent management was the most frustrating thing ever, and I bet it still is... Because afterwards everything was "fine", but in reality it wasn't... I hated that from the bottom of my heart, because I always knew it could've been done better.
    But, "the customer is always right".

That's not deniable, some things really could be done better and I wish for that. We all just want to drive that big noisy thing in the front seat, most of us usually can't in RL :D

That's what it's all about, opinions, discussions and trains. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Hey Nat, is the team also working on the red light issues on Hamburg line? I'd like to complete the journey chapters.

13. borg#1850

I was once accused of being too "Professional" in the way I approached things!:o:mad::|

14. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

They might read it, but they're not very quick to getting around to fixing stuff. Clinchfield has been out for a year and is still suffering all of the same issues it had upon release.. When will CRR get a preservation pass? I asked that in a livestream and the smart answer I got was "it will when it will."

15. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

I knew there was gonna be a DTG team member reply to this, gets me every time :)

16. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Onli one thing. Vot. Money and money. The rest we will see later