Rivetgames; Next Add On?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Swisstrains, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So Rivetgames published their last route a while ago, and since then only the RhB livery pack appeared on the roadmap (which is lovely, can’t wait!); but what about a new route? First of all: Everything in Switzerland, especially some main line SBB routes would be awesome; but that is not the point on this thread, because then it would have been in the suggestions section.
    Yesterday I asked for a hint for the next route in TSW2 by Rivetgames. The answer was (of course, didn’t expect anything else and that’s fine, because that is the thing on being a company): No hints. BUT: I was told that a while ago, they did publish a big hint; but no one has seen it so far. So far! The thing is: We don’t know what we are looking for. Someone found the file “Content Luzern-Sursee” at the end of the 2nd Devblog by Rivetgames on Youtube (published about one month ago, take a look at the left list, about in the middle: ). I could definitely imagine that this route will come out at some point, although it is very short; but it has the Flirt, which has already been made in Ts. We don’t know whether that was the hint, but if it was: I’m already hyped!

If anyone has seen something else, or heard anything on that: Feel free to respond :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think at this stage, most people would prefer Rivet to fix the broken/unfinished/poor quality content they have issued to date.

• Like Like x 30
  3. Swisstrains

yeah, but I guess after the timetable fix and maybe next year, we will see something new :D

4. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Hm, for this line, they would need to create a lot of trains, as lots of trains are running there:
    SBB:
    Flirt, Domino, IC2000, EW IV, Re 460, ...
    BLS:
    Flirt, RBDe 565, ...
    SOB
    Flirt Voralpenexpress, ...
    With just one type of train, the line will be dead, and it is a really busy line in reality

• Like Like x 1
  5. Swisstrains

That’s right! The problem I see here is especially that the long distance trains don’t stop at Sursee (at least most of them)- because of that, I guess the route would come with the Flirt and maybe Re460… But I guess we’ll see! Another thing is: A long distance train only needs ~20 Minutes from Luzern to Sursee; that’s not that long haha

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I would like to see the 150 sorted and a lumberjack hit the 44mile Cornish forest before anything else. It’s taken them a year to be pressured into fixing arosa

• Like Like x 5
  7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

DTG have got UK, US and Germany sewn up so maybe Rivet should concentrate on other countries. The “core” countries would be covered by DTG and people who want expanded horizons would be catered for as well.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Can’t see they’ll do too many new countries. If a big team like DTG see building new assets, signalling etc etc a risk then that’s a substantially bigger punt in dark for Rivet

• Like Like x 1
  9. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Are we allowed "hopefully nothing" as a answer?

• Like Like x 9
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I would like another Swiss route, as long as none of the included trains is a diesel hydraulic, I would prefer a SBB/CFF/FFS route rather than a RhB one, but I'm not sure if I would want Rivet to put their hands on the Swiss safety system.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve not bought Arosa or West Cornwall. Arosa looks too cartoon like and the 150 on the West Cornwall route (a fantastic looking model) has been totally ruined with poor use of the AP sound files. If Rivet fix the 150 sound, I’ll buy it - but not before. The question is, will they bother to fix it???

• Like Like x 6
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Most likely not, the problem is not sound but physics, very much like the BR204, they said they won't fix that as it would require an almost complete rebuild of the physics model, can't see it being different for the 150.

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

How about Gotthardbahn Erstfeld Bellenz (Bellinzona) Rabe 503s Rabe 500s & heavy Freight end up taking the base tunnel. Regionals And select freight trains use the old tunnel Gösnochen Ariolo

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

Or as I wistfully suggested in another thread, the Toytown Railway from Noddy…

15. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Until they fix all the physics and sound errors ( for which, the list is extensive ) with the class 150, I’m not in the slightest bit interested in anything else they produce. They haven’t finished the 150/2 by any stretch of the imagination !!!

• Like Like x 8
  16. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Why anyone would wait for the next add-on by Rivet?

• Like Like x 8
  17. Swisstrains

because they are the only ones that care about swiss routes- if DTG starts with swiss routes, then I will also wait for that add on

18. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Swisstrains
    Have you ever actually played the Arosa DLC?
    Or are you just a troll?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Swisstrains

nope, I played it. Although not that often. I know it has some weaknesses, but with the timetable fix it will get a big step better. The problem I see is that landscape. If Rivet would concentrate on routes that are more flat, I guess that would make a big change

• Like Like x 1
  20. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Swiss is a nice country for trains for a good part because of mountaniuos landscape.
    And Rivets last Cornwall road ended as forest train simulator... So if you want a nice Swiss road better hope Rivet dont try it...
    In fact i hope they wont try anything in UK either, to not spoil it... unless they step up their game, something I dont see coming

22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Ive always enjoyed Arosa and for me the only bug bear was the timetable. Assuming this is fixed I will end my boycott of Rivet produced DLC.

Next up I'd love to see a section the Bernia Express or section on the Glacier Express. They've done the track work so another Swiss narrowgauge seems a logical step.

• Like Like x 6
  23. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well making another route might be a good opportunity to fix the problems with the current rolling stock while also making a new route at the same time, then update the locomotives from Arose with the new version.

I would be really interested in Arosa, but sadly the ugly mountains and the other issues really make me not want to get it.

24. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I think Rivet should fix all the flaws in their routes before they concentrate on another new route first.

• Like Like x 2
  25. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Enough with the Rivet bashing already.
    Yes their routes haven’t been shinning successes, but the last thing we want is them to wash their hands with train simming.
    God knows there are few enough developers.
    Even Dtg with their much larger resources can get things wrong.

Personally I think no amount of complaining is going to see things getting fixed.
    The lipstick and timetable will be all Arosa is getting.
    As to the Forest of Cornwall, a sound patch is the best we can ever hope for.
    Next time wait before you buy and hope they’ve all learnt from the feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  26. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

"Personally I think no amount of complaining is going to see things getting fixed." - which is exactly the reason to bash them.
    1) One lot of bashing for Rivet/DTG for releasing half finished "oh it'll do" DLC.
    2) A second lot of extra bashing for not fixing it

To balance things up, I think London to Brighton on the PC is ace and these are the standards to keep to. I blame DTG not Rivet, as they're the ones releasing this stuff. They could correct it if they wanted.

• Like Like x 6
  27. OldVern

Agree Rivet deserve little quarter for their half finished and in the case of WCL sub freeware standard releases and indeed shame on DTG for letting it pass QA.

• Like Like x 1
  28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

If you play TS1 just prior to running an Arosa line service then the graphics are a step up, or just do what I do and run it in fog :D

Seriously though, even with the poor mountains its a really good route (well it was prior to UE4.26 ruining the physics and causing a jerking start) 20210825205304_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  29. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Let's hope they don't do another DLC, hopefully, some other dev will come and do a better job like TSG. There'll be no more of my hard earned cash spent on companies that deliver sub-standard products.

• Like Like x 3
  30. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I beg your pardon? Just don't buy it, but this kind of toxicity really just frustrates any developer who reads this. Even "some other dev" who seriously thinks of developing for TSW reads that and maybe thinks "well nop, i don't want to mess around with this kind of community".

It's one thing to give some constructive feedback - really, this helps everyone. The community because they can say what maybe is not done right. And it helps the devs to not make the same mistake in the next DLC or at least to know what can (and should) be fixed. And it shows "yeah the community is interestend and wants to have a good product, so let's deliver that next time". But this kind of speech is just the right way to heat up the community, making developers more scared of doing something new. I don't want to defend Rivet, this is not my task. They deserve constructive feedback. 'Constructive' is the magic word. By no means their DLCs are in the best possible quality. But your sentence is the best example of a way of communication which is not constructive at all. So please, in all kindness, maybe rethink about wording your criticism.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  31. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Wow,, what a selfish and immature wish. If you don’t like the product, be wise enough not to buy it. Getting so dang tired of the “cancel” immaturity that is griping the world these days. It is like saying you hope they lose their livelihood and have to switch to different careers to support themselves. Seriously need to think of the impact of your comments.

I personally hope they learn from their mistakes and take those experiences to improve their products… I remember when Datsun were first imported from Japan in the 60’s, they were crap…. But now Nissan has developed into a pretty decent product line learning what quality would sale in the states versus what was acceptable in other markets at that time.

• Like Like x 6
  32. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Thats a bold one to say they should stop making content for tsw and its not constructive in any way.

We know rivet struggles with some things like simugraph and physics of the 150 for example and they clearly got their feedback for it.

On the other side they made one of the few engine rooms, which can be entered on the ge4/4. And this loco is detaild in terms of what to expect to be in a tsw addon.

Rivet as a small developer shold maybe try different paths. As example:

- more payware liveries and service packs for routes like with the rhb anniversarry collection.

- a class 150 advanced upgrade with working fuses and local start procedures from outside for 10 euros.

- since rhb isnt as high frequent as brighton i suggested to extend the rhb routes to a network on their forums. Like the first merged routes in tsw. They did many sections already in ts

- create a loco dlc and selling as basic and advanced version.

Just some ideas, but i want rivet to improve, thats why i support them.

Its everybodys choice to just skip a release if somebody is not happy with the dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  33. martschuffing

Unless they up their game I won't purchase anything from them, that is my choice harsh or not.

It's not like they haven't been through this with Arosa (which I've uninstalled), did they learn from that experience? Judging by the 150 then no they haven't, I'll reconsider my choices based on performance, not wooly sentiment based on a fear of upsetting a company because they may get offended, and I'm sure the guy's at Rivet can handle it.

• Like Like x 1
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's a rather different sentiment than your earlier post wherein you expressed the hope, in effect, that Rivet would go out of business. I happen to agree with the later post; I own no Rivet products primarily because of all their much-noted problems (or, in the case of IOW, because it just doesn't interest me). But I can't hold with your earlier opinion.

35. martschuffing

I can't help it if people read it that way. It sounds like is a personal interpretation not necessarily what is meant. They should stick to collaboration.

36. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Not a personal interpretation- we read exactly what you wrote and called you on it.

If that was not what you meant to say then I suggest you proof read your comments and make sure they state what you want to convey. As a retired military leadership instructor, it is definitely your problem if your spoken or written communications do not convey what you meant to say. And as with Rivet games, I hope this is a learning experience.

Best

• Like Like x 2
  37. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

They really need to fix Arosa line. It's totally unplayable now, and that's unacceptable. Not touching the livery pack unless Arosa is fixed.

• Like Like x 4