Calling The Dtg Team! There Is Demand, But No Offers!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ded mozaj, Nov 23, 2021.

1. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Everyone understands that in this topic, the kids are pouring out their wishes, not understanding the real difficulties of creating a new route, as well as the time and cost of creating it ...
    They just talk about who has something in their head ...))
    But for me, this is more than understandable!

The proposal is:
    1. Create a team in your ranks (or organize a new one) that will be engaged in the development of only locomotives, wagons, for existing routes.
    The result of their work will be DLC like BR101, etc.
    2. At the first stage, we are not talking about the creation of completely new locomotives, but about the modernization of 3D models of existing ones, sounds for them, and adjustments of technical characteristics.

For example:
    I am sure that every TSW , participant(-2) would like to purchase such a high bonnet locomotive as GP7, GP9, SD9, GP38, SD40!
    There are more than enough routes from North America to use them!
    [​IMG]
    GP7
    [​IMG]
    GP9
    [​IMG]
    SD9
    [​IMG]
    GP38
    [​IMG]
    SD40

But they were the first! Due to poor visibility, the hoods were further trimmed, and we have what we have! But these cars look much more brutal and prettier!

P.S. to be continued... (DM)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Or even better some Alco's - noisy, dirty and a good deal of personality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Or as I like to call them ancestors of General Electric

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Presuming that everyone likes American content, or American freight, at that.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Certainly not! I for example don't.

However, I do like the idea in general. That used to be what the preservation crew where created to do, but that was quite a disaster to be honest and is no longer their focus. Maybe once some of the major problems are fixed that could be something for DTG to invest in.

• Like Like x 3
  6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

They probably would just change the short hood on the SD 40 just to save time

7. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Not only to save time, but also to please the real connoisseurs of the American history of the creation of locomotives! And this is the main point!

8. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Way to declare "do not take my thread seriously" without directly saying so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

So you're basically calling everyone who ever posted a suggestion a "kid"... right... good start...

Alright, so you understand better than anyone else here at the forums. Right. Got it. You're an expert, we're just kids.

You are sure? Alright. I guess you got evidence to back up that fact?

More American diesel locomotives, but with smaller windows and worse view than the ones we already have. Nopes, I don't see why I should be interested in these. But hey, you're the expert who did the research and knows what he's talking about, I'm just a 35 year old kid who has something in my head.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

I said that these locomotives are important for anyone interested in the history of locomotives! But judging by your logic, the view of the steam locomotives was even worse, so what? You don't need to create them for the game?

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

No you didn't. You said "every TSW participant".

While steam locomotives indeed have tiny windows, at least they offer a whole lot different gameplay.

But hey, the way you started out this topic means the discussion isn't about the locomotives. It's about calling everyone a kid. Love the way you make friends within the community.[/quote][/QUOTE]

12. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Do you hear ...
    Read the entire text, do not grab a part of the text!
    Все понимают, что в этой теме дети изливают свои пожелания, не понимая реальных трудностей создания нового маршрута, а также временных и финансовых затрат на его создание ...
    What's not clear here?

13. trainsimplayer

Yeah, you said everyone.

14. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The part written in Cyrillic. Not sure what language it is, but it definately isn't English.

15. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

Do you hear ...
    Read the entire text, do not grab a part of the text!
    Everyone understands that in this topic, the kids are pouring out their wishes, not understanding the real difficulties of creating a new route, as well as the time and cost of creating it ...
    What's not clear here?
    I was once engaged in the development of a route for Train Simulator, so I know what I'm talking about!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  16. trainsimplayer

Oh, the irony.

You're picking out your first paragraph:
    Purno and I are both refering to this:
    Where you claim that everyone who plays TSW would like these locos, before claiming you said this:
    So, the only person who seems to be confused is you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

So, the only person who seems to be confused is you.[/QUOTE]

OK!
    I understood you.
    I'm crossing you both off the wishlist!
    In short -2 )) ...

18. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I still want an FM Trainmaster in SP Black Widow livery. We'd need a 1950s-era SP route (backdated Peninsula Corridor, maybe), but it could be done (and should be). The SD9 Cadillac in SP Black Widow paint would be fantastic, too.

19. ded mozaj

ded mozaj Member

upload screenshot here ...

20. trainsimplayer

What are you on about?

21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I think he's using a wrong translator and blames any translation errors upon us.

• Like Like x 1
  22. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

First things first: I highly doubt that a community is in the position to demand something from a developer. You can suggest things, but putting the word "demand" into the title of a thread is unnecessarily aggressive. A more calmed down tone would be much appreciated.

Second thing: You claim to speak for every TSW player "I am sure that every TSW , participant[...]". This is just ignoring the fact that the community is not a collective unit, the community is a bunch of individuals. You can neither claim to speak for nor claim to be sure "what everyone wants" in this community. You can talk only for yourself and you really should do that. Stop claiming that you know what the people want because you dont speak for me. I can speak for myself.

Now to the content part of the thread: I am not into american content so high quality models of US trains are a bonus, not something I am looking for or even "demanding" that. You dont need a high quality model for a decent gameplay though it helps. I for myself would rather have high quality models of german or british trains but this again is subjective and my personal view.

Also I dont have an idea what you want to express with the first few sentences so a precise clarification would be much appreciated here.

• Like Like x 2
  23. trainsimplayer

I've looked at the original post and i've clocked what the "-2" is all about. They're taking people off some sort of "wishlist" they have which, apparently, everyone is one unless they say otherwise. Basically, manipulating things to, eh, fabricate support for these units.

• Like Like x 1
  24. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Its a bit like this "Everyone has to love muscle cars because I love them and I saw some people loving them too"-mentality and I dont know why people have to push this mentality onto any community. Yes, be passionate about your OWN personal taste but dont drag other people or communities into it by claiming you know what they want. Thats not ok.

Oh and btw: Bragging with your work by saying you worked on a route in TS is nothing that puts you into a good position in a debate and this shouldnt even be an argument.

• Like Like x 1