The G6 - Appreciation And Constructive Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Dec 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Task

Task Well-Known Member

As Maik already said, it's not really comparable in most of the cases. Mods are often implemented in a sloppy, easy way. If you were to do it properly, it would take longer. And after that you have the whole QA and release process.

In this case you would have to change the 204, 363 (RSN) and 363 (DRA) formations to enable substitution and then enable longer locos for those formations additonally. When you are finished with that you have to review and test all the gameplay those formations used and see if something breaks. Modders like me just replace those values (with hex editing ot the unofficial editor) and then give it a go and voila it's finished. When something breaks, the mod just gets updated later on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

No Steam achievements for G6? Why??Bug or another trouble?

3. Task

Task Well-Known Member

There are no achievements for Loco DLCs anymore.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

You should all being ashamed, this is great work by TSG far better than any dtg product released. All hail tsg, the best dlc provider ever. FACT

• Like Like x 3
  5. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Im not that all in shunting, and have no need of this loco, still i will probably buy it, would be only to support TSG.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That is why there is a big notice for changing the camera to the MTD. You don't have to leave the seat. But seems people do not read notices at in the game. I will do it different next time.

Follow the correct order or you get stuck. Yes, you wear the hard hat from the beginning. That is supposed to be so. The objective says you had to lay down the hat and then get it back on. Jumping from the loco before will get you stuck for sure.

There are quite a few long runs with this loco within the scenarios and services.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

My oh my, thank you. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Now I can use every shunter for every service :P Shame that trainsim.cz is so unknown, have got quite some good mods from there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I like shunting moves, so this DLC is superb. Tutorial is good to understand how to operate G6. Which scenarios have some adition information for operation(loco functions) or are just tasks and don't care how to achieve them.

9. SkidMarkYT

SkidMarkYT Member

I hope you enjoy

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I take it back, actually driving to the Wüppertal container yard more than satisfies my itch for medium distance mainline runs.

There you go, so I take back even my smallest and minor complaint about this fantastic DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Just noticed that the G6-Sh12 service has an expected duration of 00:-05 minutes. I loaded the service and it seems to work fine so it is not really a problem, but a fix would be welcome if it doesn't take too much time.

service duration problem.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  12. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Just wanted to chime in that the G6-Sh05 service is undoable for me. After collecting the second load of Sggmrss and then driving off, just after the britch the G6 derails and flips to the side for whatever reason.
    I'm on PC (Steam)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Just tried it. Seems to me that the G6 is too tall and can't pass under the bridge. I will try to do it again later and watch what happens from the external view.

14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Did you check the switches? A misalinged switch will do that in TSW

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Nope, it happens in automatic switch territory. Just tried the service on the PS5 version and also had the G6 derail after collecting all of the Sggmrss cars.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lamplight

Just did that for you - the G6 fits just fine (as long as the hitboxes are the same as what can be seen in-game). It seems the switch directly under the bridge causes the problem.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Maik Goltz

It's the wagons that collide with the buffer there. It never happend when i have tested the services. This needs a fix on the route itself, not the loco DLC. But the route is already in the hands of the preserved crew as i know, so this should be a short waiting for a fix, but i don't know.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Was just going to post that. If you go really slowly at 1 Km/h you can see how the wagon hitbox collides with the buffer hitbox. After that it is impossible to move the train forward, even applying 100% power. You can go back without problems.

buffer.jpg

Looking closely, it seems like the hitbox for the slim piece of iron at the front of the wagon is bigger than it should.

buffer close.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Maik Goltz

Yeah, did exactly the same test a few minutes ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I had the same issue twice. I decided to let the AI do the service expecting it to also derail but to my surprise the AI passed the section where I derailed twice. I took over again once it made a brief pause and was able to complete the rest of the service. As has been mentioned needs a route fix to solve this problem. I tried to repeat taking over with AI but it failed the 2nd time the Dispatcher fails to set the points correctly so I could not pickup the wagons in the final step was random luck it worked first time.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  21. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The save game feature does not work properly in TSW2. This is not a problem of the G6 DLC, but a core TSW2 problem.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

A masterpiece of a DLC, that's without a doubt.

It has however one weird negative not caused by the DLC itself. Already in the very first scenario, you can see how extremely poorly made the route itself is. The amount of trees clipping through the cab as soon as you go off the S-Bahn tracks to get them through is significantly bigger than with other releases. And then there are the well known... gradients - with all those brakes available (and they're great) you're playing handles like a madman on that -3% -> 0 -> +3% -> +1,5 % etc gradient rollercoaster before Schwelm. Really would love to see the preservation crew give this some much-needed overhaul, because the route frankly fights my eagerness to drive the loco. Enjoy the loco a lot, but always has to sigh at the tracks below.

• Like Like x 4
  23. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Platform: Steam g
    Loco / Cab: G6
    Weather Settings: Journey Mode
    Date : Journey Mode
    Service Name / Time : SH05
    Issue occurred roughly how long into the service : Right at the beginning
    Detail of Issue: After starting this service in journey mode, no valid path is shown on the map, after reaching the first marker, the next route task won't appear (seems similar issue to SH11 on RSN, in the same area of Hagen Gbf).
    Video:

• Like Like x 2
  24. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The good news here is that the timetable services are made like a day of work broken in several small pieces. So if you have a lot of time you can just play one after the other uninterrupted, and if you can't play long sessions many of the services are 15-30 mins long.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Lamplight

Can confirm that this worked for me on PS5. I let the AI pass the troublesome buffer stops and took over once it stopped. I was able to complete the rest of the service with no trouble. Not ideal, of course, but you can at least play the rest of the service this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Cool, glad it worked. Its nice to be able to complete a troublesome timetable/Scenario.

27. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, after the tutorial and first scenario, I'm hooked. I like shunting anyway, but this engine is an absolute blast to drive. And I actually find the time-increase controls very intuitive.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I also just completed the tutorial and first scenario and I love it. It is one of those addons that really show the strength and overal potential of the TSW platform.
    I love the modelling with little details like the hard hat holder, or the morning coffee. The cab lighting is also very well done. So is the sounds with all the ratling and the physics.

I just really hope that it doesn't follow the trend of other shunter locos, the BR 363, and MP15DC, only to be seen on one route and then be forgotten. I want to see the G6 on more routes.

• Like Like x 7
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Both brakes to HOLD, throttle to OFF, then you can use reverser again. Just like in the cold start tutorial. BR o7

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxQeZRGiCpmdGcEP7857gTfAyXBTvwespK

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

True. TSW core issue. A very old one :(

31. Maik Goltz

Unfortunately, the reverser after a resume is something i can't change yet. It's locked while moving (>10kph) for a reason. If you set it while moving the loco would fly to the moon. Stop the train bevor saving. It's a common problem in TSW yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Saving in simulations has always been problematic to say the least, and isn’t restricted to TSW. As a long time simulation user from Flight simulators beginning with Sub-logic in the 80’s, saving was only to be attempted while stopped on the ground and never in flight. In TS Classic, the same “best practices” of saving applies, save when stopped at a station. Even this does not guarantee a good save on scenarios that have heavy use of AI but in general, is acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  33. solicitr

I do have one question (or bug report?): how does one engage the cruise control at set speeds? If it is moved all the way over to the ">11km/h" notch it works, functioning like an old-school auto cruise control- engage it and the loco will hold whatever speed you are doing at the moment. But when set to any of the lower positions, I can't seem to get it to engage at all. Is there a procedure for this that I'm missing?

34. Maik Goltz

Lower speeds on the cruise control are only working in the shunting gear.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  35. solicitr

Ah, so. Danke!

36. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I played all the services, great this G6.
    A "special" mention for the last hourly service G6-Sh19 (22:10) with the 4 x BR 185.5, I had a lot of trouble to finish it but I loved it :love: (it took me 1h52!!!). wow
    Congratulations Maik Goltz

• Like Like x 1
  37. Maik Goltz

This S-Bahn waits for a other S-Bahn coming from Schwelm. You have a good waiting time there.

38. solicitr

Freight means wait. As Maik says, just be patient: there are two S-Bahn trains that have to clear the line.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  39. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The g6 locomotive is excellent. I've been riding with her all day. The timetable is great. I'm waiting at the station now. I want to ask, what are these two lights for? Sum of VBC?
    IMG_20211204_210049.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  40. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Really happy with this DLC. Today was the first time I got to play on the desktop PC with Raildriver. I have to say the that I really enjoy driving with Raildriver anyway, but this is one of the best implementations so far. Working the brakes and the throttle together with the levers is just so much fun. This loco has really bought a new dimension to Rhein Ruhr Osten. My favourite run so far is the 'Piece of Cake' Scenario. A nice long run in the rain with some shunting at the end. It's really quite nice heading throught the industrial areas with rain and grey clouds, listening to the diesel engine with the wipers on. Very atmospheric. Really nice AI traffic as well.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Maik Goltz

Wait time is something about 3 minutes or so. If you have waited for 15min you were way to fast.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The one that says "PZB" can be pressed to change the brightness of the PZB panel. The other panel has a button with a different icon that does the same thing for that panel.

I don't know what the "Reset" button does.

43. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

It is necessary to be careful around those opening cabinet doors, though -- my avatar has suffered a few bruises.

Another feature worth mentioning, I think, is the wearable crash helmet, which perhaps should be donned before dealing with those cabinet doors.

44. LastTrainToClarksville

1. The tutorial provides a clear instruction to press the left arrow key for an easy view of the MTD panel from the driver's seat.

2. Simply following on-screen instructions completely avoids this "issue".

Your comments strike me as a s-e-v-e-r-e case of picking nonexistent nits, so I'll just offer you a slightly modified version of Bambi's mother's advice: "If you can't s anything sensible, don't say anything at all."

• Like Like x 1
  45. LastTrainToClarksville

Interesting question and yet another example of the fact that despite this DLC's really excellent tutorial, a user's manual is definitely needed!

46. LastTrainToClarksville

Just to provide the opposite experience, I have almost never experienced a problem restarting a TSW2 activity after a save (PC platform).

47. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Look man, I agree that the issues you bring up are worth highlighting, but immediately tossing out the harassment card after they called your post a nitpick is ridiculous. I don't think any court in the would would consider what Clark said to be anything close to borderline harassment, let alone actual harassment.
    This is a public forum, there's no reason why he can't respond, if you really don't want people responding to a post you've made then use the PM system. As long as you post publicly you're gonna get responses you don't like sometimes, the least you can do is always keep a level head when responding.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This doesn't work on console, unless you're using classic controls or a keyboard.

I think the G6 is fantastic, but not perfect. This is a legitimate bug.

• Like Like x 1
  49. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It really shouldn’t have an instruction that can only be used by some users. Clear or not, it is wrong. Not being able to sit back down if you do stand up for any reason is also quite a big bug because that’s a fundamental process in the sim. Rather than a severe case of picking nonexistent nits it is actually good feedback and also a good pointer for the need to consider all players when authoring content. It’s TSG’s first DLC so issues like this are bound to happen and get through to the final product, although it is DTG’s console play testing (if that exists) that should have prevented this issue from being in a release. It is important that these things are pointed out though so that the same mistakes aren’t made in the future. Now, that seems like quite a sensible thing to say I reckon.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Lamplight

It is possible on console (with immersion control scheme). Camera shift + left on the d-pad cycles through internal cameras.