Horseshoe Curve Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andyns1701, Nov 26, 2021.

1. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

I understand that the horseshoe curve route is still under heavy development and that these would take a while to implement but here are some locomotives I think would be worth adding into the route or as an extra DLC to the route. I'm not trying to be the person that suggests a bunch of random locomotives, these are just what I think could make the route better.

First off it wouldn't be horseshoe curve without helper units and personally, I think that SD40Es could be a good replacement for the GP38s or as an additional locomotive to the route. These could be great for scenarios as helping trains up and down the curve could be an option. Other scenarios with these could be locals or just switching out yard tracks.
    [​IMG]

The second locomotive I think could be beneficial could be the dash 9. These I think should come as a DLC to the route. They could either be the standard cab or the wide cab depending on the preference. The standard cab (top) was exclusive to Norfolk Southern meaning it could be a very unique locomotive seen on TSW 2. These locomotives usually are equipped with K5LAR24s.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly, I think that this route could introduce a new type of rolling stock, and that is the spine car. These would be a great addition to intermodal trains and make them more prototypical to the line. These could also have the main company trailers you see on the Pittsburgh line. JB Hunt, Hub Group, EMP, and Fedex. Personally I think these would be a great addition to the route. [​IMG]

Thank you for taking the time to read over this. I'm not trying to suggest a ton of unnecessary stuff but I think that these would be great additions to the route.

• Like Like x 7
  2. dtcblock#5625

dtcblock#5625 New Member

Realistically, the standard cab C40-9 would not be appropriate on HSC as these units were not equipped with cab signals, therefore they never led trains over the Pittsburgh Line. However, the wide cab Dash 9 would be an excellent choice.

Great suggestions nonetheless! It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

Thanks, I really forgot about the standard cabs not having cab signals, though they would be a great locomotive to do on a future NS line due to their significance and being iconic on Norfolk Southern.

4. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

The SD40E is and has been a very common sight on the Pittsburgh line for many years. It really mind boggles me why Skyhook chose the GP38 instead of the SD40E. I've never even seen a GP38 be used in helper service on the West slope, it's all SD40Es and SD40-2s.

This route will not feel like Horseshoe curve without the SD40Es.

• Like Like x 3
  5. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

I feel like even the SD70ACus would work but we need at least the SD40es or an SD40-2. I guess if they don't come out with it we could just edit the SMH sd40 into ns and add it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

The real question is what about the high hood engines Norfolk Southern still runs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

The SD40E would've been a better choice imo, since they were used extensively in helper service, and now they are used as yard/local power

8. mattk#4569

mattk#4569 Active Member

Why does it need cab signals?

9. alphasquad#7151

alphasquad#7151 Member

we really dont need another AC4400

10. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

I would love if at some point in the future DTG or Skyhook consider to build NS Engine Rebuild, Repowering, and Modernization programme such like GE AC44C6M and EMD SD70ACC.

11. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

thats not an ac4400. its a completely different locomotive. its very iconic to norfolk southern which is why I added it.

12. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Are you referring to the GE C40-9 AKA the top hat with the standard cab?