No Beam Casting From Headlights - Sd70 And Es44 - Solved For Searchlight Simulations!!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by DIFFLOCK, Nov 28, 2021.

1. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

The headlights don't appear to work on the above locos (Alaska RR and Canadian Mountain Passes routes) despite using the cab switch (where possible) and/or the H key. When looking at the locos the lights come on, but no beam cast in front of the train. Anyone else having this issue? (I know... probably just me :D) . I recently verified my game files in order to get the controls working on the BNSF ES44 on Tehachapi so hopefully everything "should" be in order..

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

SD70 ARR has a strange but working light cone in first (Dim) Position and none in Bright mode.

CP ES44AC works fine for me. Very bright.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2021
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you got Light Flares switched on in Settings?

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yes. It is needed for some rolling stock, I found that turning it off kills the lights completely on some locos that draw a bitmap on the lamps.

5. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Yes I have.

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Having said that, the Montana Hi-Line ES44DC has also a problem, while the light beam is OK the lamps seem to be lit only if you are far away from the loco. Jeeez the closer I look at things the more bugs I find...:o

Update: Must be route specific. On HiLine running the same loco (which was first released with Stevens Pass btw) there's no issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

I have received the solution from Kevin (Searchlight Simulations) over on Railwroks America forums. Excellent!
    Go into the ROUTE EDITOR (build - Alaska (in this case) - Edit) make sure that the MLW audios are enabled) then save.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

That is if you have installed the Searchlight Simulations Enhancement packs I understand.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

.. Err.. yes. To my shame and too late have i realised that I did not mention that in my first post. :mad::mad::(
    FWIW I've edited the thread title again.
    This is why I'm not a real locomotive engineer!

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

No problem. I know there's lots of enhancement packs, but at first I try solving stuff on vanilla level.

• Helpful Helpful x 1