PC 6h02 St Austell - Penzance Class 37 Check Switches

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jeff.engle, Dec 4, 2021.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

AWS ON
    First Time Table Service for Class 37 West Cornwall Local 6H02 St Austell - Penzance 06:05 Service
    Weather: December, Light Snow, Snow Level middle, Wind Strength Middle settings
    At stop sign in yard before the Long Rock Depot re-fuelling line I get Denied, Check Switches message when contacting the dispatcher to move past STOP. I am unable to find a switch combination that resolves this so I can complete the scenario. I saw another posting with the same problem for X-Box, but no resolution that I could see.
    Class 37 kind of drowns out my audio, but I think it's pretty clear otherwise.

NOTE:
    Next Time table run 6H10 Turo - Penzance going through the same stop sign and switches works fine heading on to Carriage Reception West 1

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  2. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Once I got past the first stop sign in the yard for timetable 6H10 Turo - Penzance run after picking up the wagons after the run-around I am getting another stop sign with Check Switches. Two attempts - first one (video) I stopped at the stop sign then checked/changed the switches. The second run for same timetable 6H10 I checked/changed switches after coupling to the wagons and started my reverse to the washer before approaching the stop sign.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I have had this issue as well

• Like Like x 1
  4. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

The switches are further west into the other siding.

5. RetiredPaul

RetiredPaul New Member

I have had the same problem. It is very frustrating when you are told to set some unknown switches somewhere in the yard in some unspecified direction. This feels like a bug that needs attention.

6. Chris Browne

Chris Browne Member

20220201123827_1.jpg

Those are the switches I had to set, ahead of you, past the washers, to get the proceed at reduced speed. The final dropoff is on the track to your right when you're stopped at the light, so you may need to set the switch at the west end of that track too.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. RetiredPaul

RetiredPaul New Member

Ithink I am stuck immediately before your map. I am stopped at the wait board just before entering the carriage wash. You can see, from the map (Screenshot 1 Map) that I have attached, that the path to the next stop point is clear, at least according to the point settings. Screenshot 1 Map.jpg
    But the signalman still will not let me pass the board to reach the destination point.
    So the question remains, which point is wrongly set, and how am I expected to know from the instructions and other information available to me.
    Once I have cracked this, I have just one step left to complete the scenario, as you can see from the second screenshot (Screenshot 2 Schedule) Screenshot 2 Schedule.jpg

Attached Files:

8. dave from Cornwall

RetiredPaul I think that one is totally broken- its unfinishable.

I have changed every single point in the yard, seeing if there is any magic way of fixing it.

So far, I havent found the combination!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  9. RetiredPaul

RetiredPaul New Member

Thanks Dave. I tried the same thing, but could not get the signalman to change his mind!

• Like Like x 1
  10. dave from Cornwall

Do you have the code for the run? I will put it on the rivet forum, where they might read it!

Thanks again,

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I posted on this previously. You need to set the route all the way to the left of the platform section ahead of the train wash even though you don't actually go there. then contact the signaller and they will clear you to proceed. I can't find my response or even the post previously but I will run this again when I have the time and send over screenshots of the required points layout

12. dave from Cornwall

ARuscoe I am pretty sure I have changed all the points in the station/depot area to the north of where RetiredPaul has stopped. As that was one of my thoughts!
    I methodically changed every single point connection in that area...it does not clear!
    I have ran it three times now and still got stuck.

13. ARuscoe

Rather than "changing every point" you need to make a path to each area. As I said, I will look later and send shots... (after work)

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Just re-run it...

upload_2022-2-9_17-50-17.png
    Switch set one

upload_2022-2-9_17-50-51.png
    Switch set two (after refuel)

upload_2022-2-9_17-51-40.png
    Switch set three (after train wash)

upload_2022-2-9_17-52-14.png .
    Contact signaler to proceed

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. dave from Cornwall

are we confusing two runs?

Its not the scenario where you go through the train wash, its one of the journey runs from St Austell to Penzance freight run?

You go through the train wash to the carriage receipt area, run around the freight and then are heading back into the depot engine first, not reversing in.

16. ARuscoe

No, I ran 6H02 and you're right it's a freight run to Long Rock. At the end of the run you pull off the mainline into a siding and stop at the stop board. The instructions tell you to go to the refuelling line and stop so you can reverse into the siding next to you, but setting the switches to go to the fuel line doesn't allow you to proceed
    The switch settings above DO let you proceed so I can only imagine that when they first set up the scenario they intended for you to drop the wagons much further on down the depot, but then settled on leaving them at the eastern end but forgot to change out the switch requirements in the dispatcher

The stupid thing is that when you get to the fuel line and stop the manual slip switch behind you sets itself (ie without your help) so you don't have to do anything bar change directions and reverse back in

17. dave from Cornwall

ARuscoe I have got stuck in exactly the same place that RetiredPaul got. The issue is when you are coming back into the depot from from the west. Your first picture is of setting the points as you enter the depot from the east off the mainline. That is not where the problem is...its much further into the run. Its on the way back into depot from the west once you have run around the wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

From his vids there's two runs... 6H02 which is the Westward run that I addressed above and then 6H10 which I didn't see... I'll have a look at that later and get back to you

• Like Like x 1
  19. ARuscoe

Just doing the run now and found a mix to pass the stop board...

upload_2022-2-12_13-34-34.png
    Switch set 1 - before train wash

upload_2022-2-12_13-35-8.png
    Switch set 2 - after train wash

upload_2022-2-12_13-35-44.png
    Switch set 3, behind refuel line

upload_2022-2-12_13-36-24.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. ARuscoe

After doing that and stopping at the train wash you then reverse again into the siding two to the left of the one in my "proceed" screen shot, and again the switches all become suddenly automatic for that move...

• Like Like x 1
  21. dave from Cornwall

Well done squire!!!

• Like Like x 1
  22. dave from Cornwall

I got past it, thank you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. argh.bailey

argh.bailey Active Member

Thank you so much for this, I almost thought I'd wasted my time on another impossible run.

24. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Heres a video I made of 6H02 work around

• Like Like x 1
  25. sebastovce

sebastovce New Member

Thanks, it worked.

For me it was 6H06 freight scenario in PS4, but exactly the same issue.
    It was a ride in the dark for an hour (departure 21.54) and stuck at the switches - I tried twice, now finally got it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. rmallows

rmallows New Member

My goodness - that's like taking off a tight pair of shoes. I've been frustrated by this for weeks!

27. ARuscoe

And now you know. To avoid frustration post on here. It's likely someone else has already plucked their eyebrows out finding the solution...

28. biffo#8961

biffo#8961 New Member

I too have had the 'Denied Access-check points' issue as well on more than one occasion within the game, i have found that as previously pointed out, you need to search for a different set of points to change even though they appear to be not related to the task you are trying to complete, even then the permission to proceed may not be given, usually i leave that specific scenario alone for a while then return run to it and play the whole scenario again and hope that changing different points will kick in this time, i have just managed to complete one of the West Cornwall runs with the BR Class 37/5 engine its taken a number of complete re-runs to eventually open the correct points, using many different ploys of opening points such as changing them all, changing one set then asking permission to proceed from the signaller and even then i'm not sure if its a combination of points rather than one specific set that are causing the problem.........

29. ARuscoe

I've documented both solutions for the 37 points on West Cornwall
    My theory is that Rivet were going to have the scenario end in different sidings than they do in game, but never changed the scenario action points

• Like Like x 1