Dlc Dresden Chemnitz ( Taranth Bahn)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wieczorek, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Steam db New Update 20 Minutes ago- DLC 1664953 and 1664952 in rc shipping

• Like Like x 4
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Which means...?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Look at Stemdb.com Core Update App 1282590

4. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Yes, but he asked what does that mean? That the DLC has been uploaded to Steams Database getting ready for a release or what?
    EDIT: From whatever I have seen, the two numbers you listed -52 and -53 have been uploaded to steamdb over 2 months ago?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Imean rc shipping is release candidate( ready for release).This was today in core update

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

'the release candidate' shipping means it may be closer to release than we all think
    ... last Christmas I gave you my heart ...

• Like Like x 2
  7. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Ah I see. I'm sorry, I don't use SteamDB and don't really know what anything means on there

8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Unless they're planning on no previews, or releasing immediately before Christmas (both of which sound like a bad idea tbh), it's not coming this year - remember it was still 'in production' on the last roadmap (not that that means anything now)

I think it just means it's gone into QA, so we'll likely see it move into "upcoming" on the next roadmap.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I hope you are right $ :D

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So release candidates for two DLCs are in... anyone familiar with steamdb knows how far in advance that usually happens in TSW?

11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

One of the changes is to the Arosa Linie. So I am guessing this is the time table fix therefore one of the DLC's must be the anniversary one announced by Rivet and the other one could be Tharandter Rampe. This is just speculation though.

Edit: Since the achievements do have the Tharandter Rampe already, it likely is that DLC. I am not sure how long it takes to go from RC_Shipping to live though. This is the first time I am tracking it. It piqued my interest. I am going to look into writing a program to scrape that information.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

I hope we will get some official information on whether it will be released before Christmas or not, because we are not going anywhere with this speculation. I don't see much chance of it being released this year but I hope I'm wrong. :D

13. Clumsy Pacer

We'll get confirmation either on Friday or next Monday.

14. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, that sounds interesting. I'd have expected to see a preview stream this week if it was coming out before christmas though. I guess we'll just have to see when it comes, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pre-holiday release :).

15. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Don't think it's coming out before the holidays because it looks like the RhB Anniversary Pack has taken up that preview slot, also don't forget that DTG takes a holiday break (usually on the 17th or 24th December) quite soon, I thik it will probably release early or mid January.

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Historically, DTG's TSW route releases have all been within a week either side of the 1st of even-numbered months, aside from the staggered Rush Hour releases (which were all supposed to release together, in August). So expect Chemnitz at the end of January/beginning of February.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

If it had no chance of arriving before Christmas I think they would have said by now...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

My guess, the release date isn't simply decided yet.
    If you listen to Sam frequently, he's talking sometimes about release slots based on the best time to sell DLC's.
    That's always interesting to me, besides all the technical information.

Having said that, Christmas is always a good time to sell things in general because the people have money in their pockets. In the beginning of the year it isn't a good time to sell things, due to a lack of money. People have to pay there bills, etc..

On the other side, it could be possible it was a good year for DTG on the revenue side so fare and they want push revenue to the beginning of the next year to have a good start.

At the end DTG will decide the release date, and my hope, based on the quality.
    Everything else is a look into the crystal ball.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clumsy Pacer

It'll have had a provisional release date (most likely just the month or quarter) from the onset, and it'll get narrowed down when it gets to QA.