Lirr Short Platforms

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zammy Martínez, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

is there anyway like in real life for me not to open all doors because the platforms are ridiculously short in the scenarios.

I dno why i let these things bother me lol but i know im just searching for realism hence why im asking about the door controls

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this isnt possible currently. Only if you would run to each door and open them manually, which isnt practical of course.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

According to the manual (I don't own LIRR) there are door control units in the cab:
    I suppose you could get out of your driver's seat, walk to the rearmost but platformed cab, and then use the "unlock rearward doors" button from that cab to open all doors which are in a platform. You can then walk back to the front cab and then close doors.

4. Zammy Martínez

Wait a sec you were close to helping me, i got the first bit because u learn that initially in the tutorial, but could you repeat that stuff about the back doors and all that, wish you had it, it would help. Will u be getting it?

5. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

I'm not really interested in American content, so I'm not sure yet if I'll be getting LIRR. It looks good though!

What I think you can do, is go to the last cab which is still in the platform. Then key in and push the "unlock rearward doors" button. If everything works as I think it will, this should unlock all doors between the front cab (which you were driving) and the cab you're in. You can then walk back to the front cab and close the doors from there :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zammy Martínez

Will try that bro. Cheers.
    What content are you interested in if i may ask, and what area of a railway are you from?

Im not necessarily interested in usa either, but to me it just looked more my cup of tea than the german dlc and that one based on the old days in this country

7. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

I'm from the Netherlands, and I'm mostly interested in British content set in the modern era. Germany comes 2nd.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zammy Martínez

Key word “modern era”!
    Because they are bringing out a new dlc soon based up north like in the Manchester/leeds areas based in the 70/80s, i just cant understand what they have against modern stuff!

9. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

They have nothing against the modern era, they also want to cater to an audience with different preferences. Many people like historic stuff such as BR Blue or preserved railways, DTG would be crazy not to tap into that potential.

I'm sure a modern era British route will come soon... except if they get steam engines in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

In real life, the driver is supposed to announce that the platforms are 4 cars long and to move to the front or back cars in order to leave the train. The "Partial Door" button is supposed to be pressed until illuminated a bright orange and then you are supposed to click Forward or Rearward (depending on whether the platform is at the front or back of the train). This still works in the game, it loads passengers still and everything but the doors don't physically open. Kinda a bummer. Btw, I know this because I live on Long Island and I've been on MANY MANY MANY MANY LIRR trains (I get nightmares sometimes lol) :)

Hope this helps! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zammy Martínez

Loooool wait for real? Wait can you break down that door explanation one more time, and when i go home later ill try it.
    So we can open some doors like in real life and not all?

12. Zammy Martínez

Ffs lol

13. djkeven87

djkeven87 New Member

Sorry for the 2 year late reply: but what I usually do is switch to the front camera a stop before the short platform stop (4 cars), and move it to the cab in car 4 for the duration of the run to the following stations with short platforms. From there I just open the front 4 cars only.

14. Zammy Martínez

How do you do that again? I havent driven that line in a while

15. steve08

steve08 Guest

There is a way to do this I’m driving m3 train to do this you need to turn off door zone switch top left panel in both driving cabs you want the doors to open in say the switch is off in cabs 1 and 4 this means cabs 5 and onwards will not open here’s the switch

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For the M7 stop at the station then walk to the 4th car to open those. In real life M7 has two crew a Conductor & driver

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Zammy Martínez

I shall try this

• Like Like x 1