Just Trains - South Western Expressways - Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playthoseblues, Dec 4, 2021.

1. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hi All,

I recently bought the JT SWE route in the latest sales however was disappointed to find this wouldn't have access to workshop scenarios.
    Does anybody know of a repository of scenarios available for this route outside of the default ones supplied. Given the breadth of this route it's a shame there aren't more scenarios going.
    Any helps would be much appreciated,
    Cheers!

2. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. playthoseblues

Thanks R3dS41ft for your reply, I hadn't seen all of these (I knew there a 6 scenario pack with lots of requirements) but I'll have a look through!

4. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

You can always use ts tools to swap stock you don't have.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Why would it not work with Workshop scenarios? If it's a route ID, my suggestion is subscribe to the scenario and copy the scenario to the JT version of the route. It should work. I've been told that the Cornish Main Line scenarios work on Western Mainlines, for example.

To do this trick, look in the workshop folder way back outside of the main game directory and find the ID of the Workshop item in there (Steam, steamapps, workshop, content, 24010, 2359235419 for instance). Open that archive and dig down to the route folder, go inside, and copy the Scenarios folder to the route folder in the Railworks directory that represents the alternate version of the route (if the folder is the same, just copy it over anyway). You can then go ahead and unsubscribe from the scenario, and it will vanish from the workshop folder (you can keep it subscribed if you want to let the game convert it for the Workshop part of the menu where the route folder is unchanged, but if different there's no reason to keep it there). Try playing the scenario in the game and see if it works. For my other example, Western Mainlines (for Cornish Mainline scenarios) starts with a "76", but be careful not to grab Cajon if you own that, because it also starts with "76".

Castle Rock Railroad scenarios made for the official route similarly work for the Workshop version, and vice versa (the Workshop version starts with "85", the official starts "00000008"). I tried running a CN scenario on the Workshop version, so I can confirm it works. Not the only other example, either.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. playthoseblues

This worked great Cyclone, and has offered a work around! Thanks so much for your help!
    Now I'm just getting OOM errors but I'll tackle that another time!

7. Cyclone

Try Warwick Rail's guide on increasing the size of your page file. Restart after doing so for changes to take effect.

8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

OOM's and workshop scenarios go hand in hand and are most often the cause. Once you've copied the scenarios over as per cyclones suggestion make sure to delete the actual workshop files ( located in *Your TS install Drive letter*:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\24010) AND unsubscribe to the workshop items on Steam

9. Cyclone

Unsubscribing is usually enough. A folder with the Workshop ID remains, but is empty, so should not have any effect. You can however monitor this and delete these unneeded folders as Reef says.

10. robredhead

robredhead New Member

OOM's seem to be a bane at the moment, even with 128 Gb physical RAM, and a 16Gb swapfile/pagefile, mind you I am trying TS2022 in Linux with Steam Proton compatibility layer, it seems to work OK, and you can use the Utilities.exe by running it under WINE. Had an OOM trying a quickdrive with Caledonia Works LNWR Greater Britain on WCML over Shap.
    I'm going to reboot into Windows and install that loco, see how Windows handles it.

11. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Wonder if this works for the 150/1 scenarios as well? AFAIK these are still for the original now-withdrawn version of South Wales, not the re-released one?

12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Got an email about this route yesterday from JT. There's a free scenario pack for it with 12 additional scenarios.
    There's also an update available for the route (v1.03).

13. playthoseblues

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyclone

I've been meaning to clone them and try it, but have yet to actually do it. If DTG never gets around to it, I'll try to put them in the Workshop. Issue is I may have to change the 175 stock to the versions used by the unbranded route since Arriva can't be picked up AT ALL any longer. SWC is an upcoming project, I'll get around to trying it.

I meant to post this but never remembered to do it. I presume the pack works on the Steam version as well, but it will certainly work with the JT one in a worst case scenario. The default stock scenarios on the Steam version of the route are the same ones included on the JT site, you just have more scenarios. Also, the 12 scenarios are the same six scenarios both with and without enhanced stock.