To Increase The Level Of Realism It Would Be Nice That:

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by andrew698, Nov 25, 2021.

1. andrew698

andrew698 New Member

To increase the level of realism it would be nice that:
    - Increase traffic because it is very rare to have a red signal in the open line
    - Greater control of switches
    - Possibility of "accidents" or failures for example a car that breaks through a level crossing and then until it settles you are stopped
    - Check the ticket to travelers
    And If we want to exaggerate
    - When you are in walking mode you can be the foreman

Let me know if you would like them too bye

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Hopefully steam engines give us more random events that can occur or go wrong. But there's still more features that can be added like everything you listed.

3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

What I'd like on shunting, if you couple up to a rake of wagons that you have to build the brake pressure to release before you can drive off.

As it is you can just couple up, release and off in a few seconds.

4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

That would be okay if a fairly quick fix. But if you want realism, what if it took the same sort of time as in real life? Who would want to sit around for hours doing nothing?

• Like Like x 2
  5. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

You and some of the passengers can get out and push the car off the crossing so you're not waiting 2 hours for the AA to arrive.

6. Lenwigg

Lol, They would have to lift me back in then after doing that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The probability of life affecting accidents being accepted by the licensed train operators is minimal...

• Like Like x 4
  8. andrew698

andrew698 New Member

Obviously I mean it's a matter of 5 minutes maximum

9. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

It was intended to be light hearted.

10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I would love realistic operational incidents! They would add sooo much immersion

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Agreed. There should not and never will be anything in the game that even remotely suggests accidents involving humans or their vehicles.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

On board train announcements would add to passenger immersion.
    Station arrival & departure announcements would definitely add to free roaming immersion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think the most we could get is passenger gets luggage stuck in door, an emergency speed restriction, randomisation in how the train performs and possibly minor faults in the train.

No way are we going to get cars breaking through level crossings or accidents.

14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

What the SIM desperately needs is more people and I don't mean passengers. It needs track crews, yard workers, pedestrians and a few dogs barking. Maybe even some rail fans ( trainspotters in UK parlance ).

And, before anyone points it out, yes there are occasional people walking about, I've seen 2 or 3 on SPG, a track worker here and there and I've heard some barking. But has anyone actually seen a dog? Or any animal other than stationary cows. Even MSTS had lots of leaping deer on the track which jumped away when you blew the horn.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Should be "easy enough" to do with the diorama system but it depends on how much DTG want to push these things

16. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

These all sound very welcome to be honest. Especially the first one. At the moment, the signals are just a bit too "scripted" if you know what i mean. Each signal pops to green when you stop on the objective marker. If they could increase the complexity where your whole path is secured, and maybe interrupted by a fast ICE service. That would open many more possibilities, including faulty signals(and switches), early or late services that block other trains( passenger and freight). I think Matt mentioned them working on a more robust system, but that it is a long term project. Fingers crossed ;). Cheers

17. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

We already have these stupid waiting times, you learn how to fill fuel tanker stock and then instead of filling them yourself, you just have to sit there doing nothing for over 10 minutes. Stupid idea.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Random events are not going to happen, at least not in the medium term. Maybe several years from now.

As things stand, the dispatcher which controls the signals and AI traffic cannot deal with random factors or anything unexpected. For events out of the usual, the only current avenue is scripted scenarios.

19. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Cars that will roll if the handbrake isn't set when uncoupled from a train.

20. vmeck

vmeck New Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. james.caton

james.caton Member

Trackside workers with speed restrictions in random locations would be nice and also some wildlife like birds in the sky, the odd cat or fox running down the trackside and train spotters on platform ends.

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not realistic.

In real life, uncoupling cars opens the air hoses and the brake pipe vents to atmosphere, immediately clamping the brakes down.

Now, the air system is not leakproof, which is why handbrakes are set IF the cars are going to be parked for a long time

23. Lenwigg

I have seen seagulls flying around when on a shore on the Cornwall route.

24. Lenwigg

In the West Cornwall route Penzance, I think it was on the shore. Seagulls were flying around and making a bit of a racket.

25. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

It would be nice if when you stall out on a hill, if an additional helper set would be sent to help get you moving again. Most of the time when you stall out it's game over, unless you're on one of the Clinchfield branch lines; then you can double the train..

26. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

That depends on your wagons. Most British ones during the steam and early diesel era were unfitted (i.e. they only have a handbrake). Therefore on a future steam era route it would be wholly realistic - and in fact necessary to engage in some kinds of shunting manouvre. There is also a strange inconsistency in the game at the moment: wagons uncoupled while moving will keep rolling, with no brake application at all (although single vehicles will stop dead and cause a derailment). On the other hand, static vehicles will not move, even if you try to push them with a loco (the force of a large locomotive should be enough to overcome a single wagon's brakes).

27. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

-Authentical safety systems for all locos
    -Alerter for AC 44
    -Cruise controls like in real for all locos, that have that in real (especially for American locos)
    -realistic not overdriven physics (everyday railway services are not such challenging like some in TSW2), you can compare it with cars, you will not drive them everyday with making donats and drifts

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  28. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

To have audio communications with dispatcher.
    Or a simpler first step, to just listen these kind of communications, as you could have on MSTS on some locomotives!
    Those messages can be randomly heard, when you are driving.
    This will provide a more realism.
    This is common on US trains.
    On European ones, I noticed there is a phone call or something like that. So no sound in the cab itself.
    In that case may be some kind of communications, where you can reply just predefined words: Ok / Duly noted / Agree / Proceed request, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  29. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The only route with Radio communications is SPG. On the est not. Sadly!