North American Content: 2021

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Challenger3985, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I don‘t see any reason why DTG would not be granted a license for TSW if they‘ve managed to finally get one for TS (maybe they have already as part of the new deal - who knows). The limiting factor to my mind is that with Sherman Hill just having been released, I‘m not sure whether DTG want to tackle a new US freight route in the immediate future. Though seeing how a new US passenger route is on the horizon, there‘s hope yet for another freight one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get to see Tehachapi Pass ported over to TSW2, I doubt we'd get the full 165 miles of Marias Pass anytime soon however.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well assuming they just managed to get a licence, they would problaby just start working on it now, meaning a BNSF freight route would be at least half a year away anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Gotta give a round of applause to the DTG licensing team. That must have been crazy to get BNSF branding outside of the US. The inclusion of BNSF could be HUGE for TSW, as that basically allows any somewhat interesting route around the West Coast.

• Like Like x 7
  5. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Would definitely like to see Tehachapi Pass in TSW2!

6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

7. Lamplight

Maybe this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Can confirm, very cool.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Dec. 9th News:
    So, looks like TS1 isn't gonna be the only one to celebrate Amtrak's 50th Anniversary. From this article, there will be a special alt livery for the ACS-64 on the Boston Sprinter, as a free update, representing not only a Phase III livery but also has a sponsored TSW2 logo included:
    TSW2_Amtrak_50th_ACS-64_Wrap_Screenshots_3.jpg
    Now that is a surprising gift to all that has the route.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Disintegration7

11. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

12. Lamplight

Awesome! Maybe it's just me, but I really like the phase 3 Amtrak livery and can't stand the phase 5 livery. So I know which livery I'll use once it's out :D (if we can choose, if not, I'll just have to get lucky)

13. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

i very like

14. hostler#4361

hostler#4361 Active Member

Get the license and bring on the pumpkins! (Even as foreign units on existing routes.)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Challenger3985

Funny you should say that from today's stream:

- Matt confirms that this license also implies to TSW as well. But there's nothing in the pipeline at the moment, so it's gonna be a little while to see a BNSF route for consideration in the near future.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Excellent news.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Now that DTG has all the major freight and passenger railroads under license, they just need to work on the remaining commuter lines, like Metra and MARC and then there won't be any restrictions on route and loco building for North America.

18. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

You mean for the USA, they still have not done any passenger for Canada

19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, Canada deserves passenger rail. Oakville could have been the start. DTG does have licenses for CP and CN, but not, as far as I know, for GO or VIA. One day, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Challenger3985

So in preparation with tomorrow's Roadmap (which may not gonna have much on it, honestly) I've spruced up the OP a bit to be a little clearer and a bit more detailed from the results of what's been made on the NA side in TSW2 so far. Of course, there's one more roadmap week (Dec. 27th is the last) before the end of the year if so, but might as well see what's been done for this year in a short summary, for better or worse (results may vary though).

Freight Routes: 5 (3 made this year)
    Passenger Routes: 3 (1 made this year)
    Loco Add-ons: 4 (0 made this year)
    On Roadmap: 2 Routes (1 Pass/1 Freight)

21. Challenger3985

Dec. 14 News:
    While I did say today's Roadmap may not gonna have much on it on my last post, I was somewhat mistaken.

With the ACS 50th livery at 'Next Arrival' (meaning soon), there's also mentioning an expansion pack [as a Gameplay add-on] to the base routes (SPG, SKA, BKL). Meaning, there will be new contents to Sand patch Grade next year for sure. But what's in it, it's too early to tell indeed (unless hinted on the Roadmap stream tonight), but it's there to speculate for now.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

23. Challenger3985

That's already part of the pack (which that part will not end well). No, it does say there will be new content in this pack, other than the Creator Club, for the base routes, and that's the focus to speculate on. Whether it's likeable or not.

24. Dinosbacsi

For Sand Patch, the new content very well could be longer trains or new rolling stock, I suppose both would be very good to see. Same for Köln-Aachen. But what is it for Bakerloo, I wonder? Suerly not new rolling stock, so a busier timetable maybe? Though this is kind of off-topic for this thread.

Anyway looking forward to it. Whatever it is for SPG, it should be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Well we kind of do know what it will have, it's basically DTG's version of the RhB livery pack, it adds liveries, scenarios, services. Also I would infer we aren't getting any new locomotives since I would assume they'd make a point of that.

With scenarios and services I honestly don't know what they'd do, scenarios are a complete wildcard, and the Sand Patch timetable at least to me seems fine as is when it comes to things like number of services and frequency. But I'll admit I ain't no expert on Sand Patch, only knowledge I have on it outside of TSW is from a handful of railfan YouTube videos. The one thing about the timetable that comes to mind is that they could finally have longer trains for it. But frankly locking that behind a paywall would be a horrible idea, and I don't see them doing that without also updating services on the original timetable as well.

Liveries would be a bit easier to take a stab at, there's a few special community service locos CSX have that are fairly popular, albeit not sure what units they were painted on though, so may or may not be a good fit here. I'm pretty certain they could also go at some older CSX schemes for the SD40-2 and GP38-2, and honestly those would be pretty fun. If they wanted to do anything for the C40-8W that could receive a version of the YN3 livery as well, doubt they'd do anything for stock that isn't included, but never know. Speaking of which i guess they could finally add the OG YN3 livery for the SD40-2 and AC4400, wouldn't be the most exciting thing, but while they're at it might as well do them.

26. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I hope they will revisit the base routes and add in substitutions or even layers from the newer DLCs

• Like Like x 1
  27. Challenger3985

Well, from the Roadmap Stream, there will be a new unit to be added to the expansion pack for SPG. However, it's just a repaint of the SD40 from CRR on what they called "CSX-S" (meaning it's a Stealth Stripe livery). But, it's gonna be acted as a "Heritage" unit and yes this is gonna be very fictional on this route in this pack (as there's not a single CSX unit in this livery anymore). Hopefully they can tweak some fixes for both of these SD40s (may not gonna happen, but still).

28. Dinosbacsi

I think they might be talking about this one, as they said it's a gray one, right?
    [​IMG]

29. Challenger3985

There were roughly 3 or 4 different Stealth liveries before the Yn1. And after looking (just to remember the livery codes), yeah, this image above is gonna be the closest that's gonna be repainted on the SD40 for this pack.
    8301CSX-s.jpg

30. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Remember that SPG is set in 2014

31. solicitr

Already done ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  32. Lamplight

I was vaguely hoping for a Chessie livery (long shot, I know). Got to admit that I‘m not a fan of the stealth liveries, much less so with the fictitious nature of the pack.

33. Disintegration7

Did they give any info on the stream about added services- any details?

34. Lamplight

Nothing concrete. 3 scenarios per route. For SPG, a few services are supposedly added and the new SD40 will sub in on the existing timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  35. solicitr

For PC users - sadly, consoles don't do mods - I have made a set of seven vintage CSX liveries for SD40-2, and eight CSX-predecessor 'fallen flags' for GP38-2.

• Like Like x 1
  36. solicitr

Also, SKA will apparently get a new Köln S-Bahn 423; not the 422 and not the München-model 423.

37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

No idea why they haven't gone with the CSX F40PH locos. Would be much better choice compared to a semi-fictional livery I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

38. solicitr

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

39. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

The idea with the loco they want to make is to make a heritage-ish SD40 based on the Clinchfield one, so you take a loco, slightly update it and give it a paint job to run special services. All while being borderline fictional. Yet you could do the same with the F40s (and choose either CSX or B&O livery) and have it be fairly realistic. Granted the cars are their own chapter, but that would apply to the SD40 as well.

40. solicitr

Or you could apply the new retro Phase 3 livery to it, since the FP40s that do (or did) actually run over Sand Patch were the Amtrak Capitol Limited; and the Boston Amfleets for coaches..

41. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

These are really nice liveries! Thank you!

42. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Working the Capitol Limited into the SPG timetable would be great.

I enjoy running the new SD70 and its physics package on SPG now. Having mile long trains on SPG would be even better.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  43. Challenger3985

No, iirc SPG is set in 2018 (late 2010s for sure). Meaning there hasn't been a single Stealth, or any other early liveries, survived in CSX's roster (plus the remaining SD40s are already upgraded to the Dash 2s at this point).

44. solicitr

Actually, there is drone footage of the locos idled at Cumberland during COVID, with one rather rusty Stealth Stripe. Admittedly, this one had the yellow nose patches added, but it was there in 2020.

45. Challenger3985

Yeah, after a bit of research look, I did found that sol survivor of that livery you mentioned (which I did not think it still existed until now).
    JULY042015_IMG_8967.jpg
    Apparently, however, it's owned by Georges Creek (GCK), but I'll admit I'm surprised to see it's been stored in Cumberland during the pandemic (after it was stored at Roanoke for some time). Learned something new every day.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Simple, you need to model coaches for them, and that's a lot more effort than making a SD40 repaint.

47. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

I mean I think it would be cool but I think it's too gimmicky. Could only real use it for OCS trains, so it wouldn't really add that many services and they don't really substitute well on too freight services. Personally I would like to see either an SD50, AC6000CW, or a C40-8 (standard cab version).

• Like Like x 1
  48. solicitr

The CSX F40s are only used for the CEO train, a sort of corporate jet on rails which doesn't run any set schedule. And, as said above, TSW doesn't have any of the old-school US coaches required.

49. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

On a side note with US freight routes I wish that DTG would revisit the Sandpatch grade and the totally unrealistic substitutions when other DLCs are installed…

This week I got Clinchfield RR, Sherman Hill, and Cane Creek…

For some reason DTG has set it up so that ALL the equivalent locos from those DLC show up as subs in Sand Patch… so if you fire up SPG now with those installed you see Clinchfield SD40s which haven’t existed for decades running around, and tons of Union Pacific locomotives as if it was the southwest. I get that there are Union Pacific locos that do end up on the real sand patch grade but the amount of them as well as the time machine Clinchfield locomotives should be adjusted or removed.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Dinosbacsi

Yeah. I havn't driven SPG in a while, but I've heard it's pretty ridiculous. Funnily enough, the substitution doesn't work the other way, only SPG gets all the locomotives.